Reviews for Barn Yarn

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Barn Yarn

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 4, 13 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Barn Yarn? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Barn Yarn page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Barn Yarn

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 4, 13 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

lele2011
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by lele2011 on Mar 4, 13 2:04 AM
Ciao!
I'm very happy to see finally Yarn Barn out! I was looking for it since...forever!
Just a question...I thought that the game was a Collector Edition so like stated at [Removed by Moderator], instead....

happy gaming to all

Anto 8-D

Edited on 03/04/2013 at 2:12:13 AM PST

PurrrThang
Herring
Herring
394 Posts

[Post New]by PurrrThang on Mar 4, 13 5:44 AM
I love the makers of this game and the characters in it. I like the farm one and would need the match 3 to break up the hidden object games here. Cute idea but no buy for me.

Reviews for Barn Yarn

[Post New]by Twoblackcats on Mar 4, 13 6:37 AM
Hi Fishies,

I love this game! I played the game on thier website earlier and I couldn't wait for BFGs to introduce it. It's a typical seek and find game to earn money with the goal of buying improvements for the barn. The characters are the same as the other games and you do get to name your dog. I chose Rex and he gets his own bed.

Frankly, I've been worn out on the adventure HOGs so I weldome this light-hearted game. I love the dev and all the games they produce. I can't wait for the new Royal Envoy game.

I already bought it. Happy Monday!

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Mar 4, 13 6:48 AM
Just played the demo.No tech problems at all running it on my Dell Latitude laptap with Windows XP.
Cute game, but I would prefer it also had the Match-3 element of Farmscapes, than just hidden object scenes and fixing up the barn.Doubt if I will buy it for that reason.

ETA: Dining table set in barn,EWWWW~

Edited on 03/04/2013 at 9:38:39 AM PST

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Mar 4, 13 7:56 AM
As one who bought Gardenscapes but not Farmscapes - I'm not missing M3 at all Guess that depends on your perspective

Game runs great - which is a must when speed is involved! As with previous and similar games this one is fast, simple fun. This is a fun break from "deeper" games and just good silly fun. Helps if you like the "against the clock" nature of these games - I do! You can turn the timed option off, but for me that's part of the fun.

Genius new bit of functionality - you just scroll over coins to collect them - no more clicking! It's a very minor change - but was a breath of fresh air - makes you feel like you're selling things even faster!

Typical storyline for a game of this type - cute characters - some fun options for upgrading the barn and the usual silly "in between" sales mini games and challenges.

Simple, silly, fast fun if you don't have your heart set on M3! Give this one a go, it will sure wake you up on a Monday morning!

Happy Gaming!

12george
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by 12george on Mar 4, 13 8:11 AM
Thank you , thank you for a nice game instead of the scary dark ones...Love this game !!!!!! .I have Gardenscapes and Farmscapes both and love playing them both..I don't mind at all that this one is different..More games like this please...Well back to my game..Plays well on my laptop..

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Mar 4, 13 1:50 PM
A game the whole family can enjoy. The graphics are great and HOG's fun to find. Like that it has a storyline and collecting things to make the old barn look better. Don't know if I would buy it or not but you never know?? Makes you feel good..

luvpumpkns
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by luvpumpkns on Mar 4, 13 1:53 PM
Glad to see this one out. I beta-tested it a few months back and it had a few minor glitches(freezing/crashing, etc) but those kinks seem to have been worked out. A must-have for fans of Gardenscapes, that antiquing game, etc.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Mar 5, 13 12:27 AM
Its heavy oh HOS, but same cute characters as GardenScape, in fact is a continuation, now granddad is getting a barn!
Colorful and beautiful graphics, but quite boring if u not into HOS heavy game. Fun for the yound and old and those that love Gardenscape, its characters and dont mind the HOS, can get with free stamp

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Mar 5, 13 6:44 PM
I did play the trial and while it's a really cute game and very colorful, I was a bit disappointed in the actual gameplay. While not timed, that I could see, it does encourage speed in finding items in the hogs and if you click too much, you are fined $5.00, I believe it said. Also, I did have some trouble finding some of the items on the list. For those reasons, I found the game on the stressful side which I certainly don't need. There is enough stress in real life. I play games to get away from all that! Sorry, but I don't think this game is for me.

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on Mar 6, 13 8:15 AM
I really liked the other two games - and this will be a certain buy for me.

nelliebj
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nelliebj on Mar 6, 13 1:30 PM
Wonderful game! I love this whole series. I must admit, I bought the game from the developer some time ago because I can't wait to play them. (Also got the new Gardenscapes II). The characters are so loveable. The hidden objects easy to find though lots of different kinds of hints are available. The thermometer helps with a "hot/cold" hint, the camera shows where all the items are but look carefully, it's only up for about 5 seconds. And of course, the regular hints which are refillable at every level. Timed or Relaxed - both work really well. You can't go wrong with this especially if you're new at Hidden Object games. This is a really good start. And, if you get this one first, go back and look at Gardenscapes and Mansion Makeover. Farmscapes is different in that it is an M-3 game. Really recommend this game.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Mar 6, 13 5:19 PM
Charming and cute, like all the other games in this series, so I purchased. No technical glitches experienced on my end, even well into the game after purchase... very relieved.

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Mar 8, 13 4:51 AM
I absolutely LOVE the graphics on this game, and all the cute sayings the characters say when you keep clicking on them. I am so jealous of the HOG lovers and if I liked or cared for HOG games this would be the one. I had so much fun clicking on the characters and what they would say. Congratulations HOG lovers, have a ball.
I would love to have some new TM games with these type of grapics. Please BF give us some more QUALITY TM games.
I get such a headache trying to find things in hog games, but I had to do the hour trial just for the graphics!

rockey69
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by rockey69 on Mar 9, 13 4:54 AM
I love this game and so happy they came out with another kind of game like this, I loved the last two. It is a nice relaxing game to play, its a nice change from the dark games

Kool2Kiss
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Kool2Kiss on Mar 12, 13 6:19 PM
I LOVED this game! I also love the fact that when you finally buy the tractor the game's not over, you can continue to play the hidden objects part of the game..so far I've played, maybe 15 more games, no end in site, lol. Love it, definitly getting my money's worth.

Charleen
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Charleen on Mar 14, 13 8:19 AM
I loved this game!!! It is really cute!!! Defiantly worth buying!!! You can keep playing and changing things...Not to many games you can do that!!!

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Mar 15, 13 10:05 PM
I am apparently really in the minority here, but I am finding this the most boring and least creative episode in this series. Unlike in the first version, there are very very few "extra" style scenes which now only lends to the whole monotonous aspect of the whole game. Are we now living in this barn??! Why in the world would we need a fridge? Why do I keep looking for junk to sell in the same places over and again just to buy things that make no sense? Scenes have no interactionable items (unless you count the fact that if you mouse over a phone, it rings, or a candle lights up, etc) and overall just dull, dull, dull. Sorry, but this is the game I play for a couple of minutes while another game is downloading. I really do not understand the 49 5-star ratings for this game as this is so much less than previous versions of the series.
Enjoy those who do

Go to: