misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

DD -- March 5, 2013

[Post New]by misty5 on Mar 5, 13 10:47 AM
Surprised there was never a "DD" thread started, but I took advantage of the deal today and am enjoying the game so much that I wanted to tell other fishies to check it out.

I've been playing for several hours now -- taking my time and trying not to hasten the experience by using hints or the walkthrough. Game is fun and relaxing with lots of interesting characters to meet and tasks to perform, as well as a few HOS with some objects that are challenging to spot. Also, lots of fun facts and interesting information about London! If you don't already own this game, give it a chance and run the demo -- it's a treasure at $2.99!!

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

Re:DD -- March 5, 2013

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Mar 5, 13 6:27 PM
Hi Misty,
I've been checking in during the day for Cleo's usual DD thread and I have missed it also. Hope that all is well for you, Cleo.

I almost did not download this game, as I have BCA: San Francisco, and that's enough of the straight HOS for me. However, when I noticed that this was different from the BCA: London Classic, I just had to try. I was delightfully surprised! This is a great deal at $2.99.

There is no option for mode of play, but when you begin the game, you can choose to enable hints. This will also enable sparkles. During the game, you can switch back and forth as you please between hints enabled and disabled.

There are voiceovers throughout>

There is a journal with story and clues. You must collect postcards and photographs to add to your journal.

There is an interactive map. Your current location, areas with tasks to be completed and unexplored areas are indicated. You can travel quickly between scenes via the map.

HOS: There are approximately 35 HOS.

Hints:
You will always have 1 hint, and the ability to earn extra hints in the form of a gold hint coin at every scene. These extra hints accumulate and you can use them at any time, without waiting for recharge. Once you use your last hint, you must wait approximately 30 seconds for the hint button to recharge.

Puzzles: There are approximately 23 puzzles. Puzzles can be skipped in about 3 mins 30 secs. However, a 30 min penalty will be added to your total game time for every puzzle that you skip.

When you have completed the game, you will receive a score for time taken to complete the game, and percentage of the journal completed.

Overall, this was a delightful game, with plenty of interaction, voiceovers throughout, and a nice balance between HOS and puzzles. The only annoyance is the addition of 30 mins to your time for each puzzle skipped. I usually allow only 10 mins per puzzle. If I can't figure it out by then, or if there are simply too many tedious steps, I just move along. Other than that, a great game and deal at $2.99.

Go to: