bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Post any Outta This Kingdom technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Mar 6, 13 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Outta This Kingdom technical issues here only

[Post New]by Moorena on Mar 6, 13 12:44 AM
Can't download this game. At 36% it just stops without any error messages.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 6, 13 12:49 AM
I have now tried twice to download this game; both times it got to around 33% at the usual speed and then slowed to a crawl. A lot of the time it drops to 0kbps. I thought this problem had been sorted out as I've had no slow downloads for some time but this is the worst I've seen it.

After 20 minutes it has only got to 36% and it did 33% of that in the first 2 minutes. It is either stopping completely or barely downloading above 200kbps. There is nothing else updating/downloading apart from this game.

[Post New]by Moorena on Mar 6, 13 12:56 AM
39% now...
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Mar 6, 13 1:14 AM
96% for me - 1% in the last 40 minutes. Yesterday's downloaded like a dream (nightmare game though ). I really must keep that database I keep promising to do - which days are bad, game types are worst, is the time the download started relevant, is there an 'R' in the month etc. It's just each time I get a good run of a couple of days I think, like angelfish106 did, 'there, they've fixed it'.

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Mar 6, 13 1:16 AM
Hi Fishies,

I am really sorry to read that the download time is very long for some of you.

It is worth noting that some games are larger than others and also that slow downloads can occur if you are among the first in your region to install the game.

The first time a game is installed using a specific server, that server needs to 'setup' the download if you will, which can add some time to the process. Once a game have passed through a server, it will be quicker to download thereafter.

That being said, if you feel like your download speed is slow for a number of games and have tried the troubleshooting steps such as uninstall and reinstall the Game Manager to clear some corrupted files, please do reach out to the Tech Support Team as they will be able to offer specific advice. Doing so will also help us identify any possible issues that need attention.

Hoping this information is helpful.

bfgTokoro

[Post New]by Moorena on Mar 6, 13 1:21 AM
nelliegemini wrote:It's just each time I get a good run of a couple of days I think, like angelfish106 did, 'there, they've fixed it'.

It's just I had a good run for YEAR...

Somehow annoying

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 6, 13 2:51 AM
I let this download run rather than stopping and restarting for a third time. I wasn't clock watching but it must have been around 2 hours for what was a relatively small file. My average d/l time for a game of around 300-400mb is about 4-5 minutes. Bigger games up to1gb or more take about 10 minutes.

This game was, I think, less than 200mb so would normally take 2-3 minutes. If it is the case that the server 'adds some time to the process', today it added nearly 2 hours. Surely that is far too long.

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Mar 6, 13 3:11 AM
Hi angelfish106,

It sounds like something is interfering with the game download. Our Help article here has some info on some adjustments that might get that resolved:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If the issue persists though and you feel like you need some more help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. They will be happy to have a closer look at this for you!

If you feel like it is necessary, please don't hesitate to ask for the issue to be escalated and if you have the time, please run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

I hope this information is helpful and best of luck!

bfgTokoro

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Mar 6, 13 5:22 AM
Hi

I just want to say that I had a short download and install time on both my laptop and my desktop for the demo. Laptop was 2 minutes and 15 seconds and my desktop was 1 and a 1/2 minutes. I do have 40 meg internet speed though so I don't know if that could make a difference or not.

But I am the type that keep my comps on all the time and sometimes that does cause your computers to get sluggish even with downloads I noticed. Then I fully clear out my caches. I am running Windows 7 64 bit on both comps. Here is what I do:

1. Double click on the 'Run' icon to bring up the 'Run' dialog box. Note: You can right click on the 'Run' box icon and then choose the top option 'Run', same thing.

2. Then in the white field I type: %temp% and hit enter

3. Then CTRL+A (for ALL)

4. Then hit 'Delete' and 'Enter' to delete all those temp files.

5. You most likely will see a dialog box pop up asking you 3 choices: 'Skip', 'Try Again' or 'Cancel'.

6. Note: If it doesn't let you delete that file it's because Windows is using that file at the moment. Windows will not delete any files it is using or it needs for Windows.

Next:

1. Double click or right click on the 'Run' icon

2. In the white field type: temp then hit enter

3. Then CTRL+A

4. Then hit delete and enter to clean out your other temp files.

5. Note: Same with step 6 above if it doesn't let you delete a file it's because it is in use.

Next:

1. Click on the 'Run' icon

2. In the white field type: prefetch

3. Sometimes it will have a second pop up dialog box asking you if you want to continue. Click on continue.

4. Hit CTRL+A

5. Then 'Delete' and 'Enter' to clean out your prefetch folder.

I do this periodically to help keep my computer clean and rid of all unnecessary files my computers don't need. Also after I clean my temp files, go to your recycle bin and clean that out if you want. Hope this helped.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 6, 13 9:31 AM
Thanks Sassy for the info, however I use CCleaner which not only removes anything from the temp folder but also deletes old prefetch data as well as the temp internet files and browser cache. Pretty handy little programme! And I turn my PC off every night except when it runs scans twice a week.

I'd take a bet that if I tried to d/l this game again now it would be done in a couple of minutes. And I can only dream of what a 40mb internet speed would be like; no land line where I live so I have to rely on mobile broadband. Best I get is 10mb speed!

ETA: Just did a d/l of a similar size file from another site; it took 3 minutes.

Edited on 03/06/2013 at 9:46:30 AM PST

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Mar 6, 13 10:17 AM
Hi, just for the info, I have a 54 MB speed (soon to go faster) and this game took almost 2 hours. I am in the UK.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 6, 13 11:14 AM
@sassielassie: THANK you! Wasn't having any problems, but just found 4 thousand files. One was in use, and I Skipped it.

nanekochan
Minnow
Minnow
261 Posts

[Post New]by nanekochan on Mar 14, 13 2:40 AM
My issue is completely different.

When playing the game, each level has a number of sections. When you accomplish the task in the time allotted, then you get a gold star for that segment only. You can see that star on the level timeline. At the end of the level, if you have all the gold stars, then you get gold for the level, if some, you get silver, and if none, you get blue.

I have found that there are many levels where the number of stars you have gained on a particular level's timeline doesn't match the total when they are being counted up at the end of the level and/or do not match what color the level shows as on the world map screen. Sometimes I'll get all the gold stars, and they won't all be counted, and then the map screen still shows gold. I'm not sure of all the combinations that this occurs in, but I can tell you that it occurs in many levels, enough to wonder if all the levels at least sometimes suffer this problem, and it happens frequently.

Edited on 03/14/2013 at 2:41:45 AM PST

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 14, 13 9:12 AM
Hey there nanekochan,

It's really great that you've been keeping track of those gold stars, and helpful to know that the game isn't counting them up right each time!

I'll be sure to let our Team here know about this, but if you would also write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix we'll be able to more easily pass this information along to the developer as well.

Just click here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thanks and happy gaming!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by pckaiq on Mar 20, 13 6:39 PM
HI,

After level 25, the treasury just sits at 0 and doesn't give me gems. I went back to level 25 to see if I had to do anything special and the treasury sat at 0. I closed out of the game, went back in, replayed level 25 and had 2 treasuries working fine. Went back to play level 27 and the treasury sat at 0 and didn't generate any gems.

Thanks!

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 21, 13 2:51 AM
Heya pckaiq, welcome to the Pond!

That definitely doesn't sound nice! it sounds like some files for your game aren't working properly. In these cases we found that uninstalling and reinstalling your game could already improve the situation.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

xraiderfan
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by xraiderfan on Apr 16, 13 5:20 AM
Can't build left tower on Level 19. I have the gems, man and ham needed, and even finished the rest of the board. However, that left tower kept giving me that grinding noise every time I clicked on it.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 16, 13 9:17 AM
Hey there xraiderfan,

I'm not sure why that left tower isn't able to be built, but I would recommend first checking the following thread which may have some specific tips and tricks for the level:

Last Stage of Level 19

If that doesn't help then please contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our Reps will be happy to work with you directly to try and figure that out!

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

Thanks!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by sooo80s on May 22, 13 2:06 AM
I have no cursor. I can tell when it is hovering over a hotspot, so I tried toggling the system cursor option on/off. No such luck. Boo.

Go to: