bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Reviews for Outta This Kingdom

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Mar 6, 13 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Outta This Kingdom? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Outta This Kingdom page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgTokoro

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Re:Reviews for Outta This Kingdom

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Mar 6, 13 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgTokoro

athene72
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by athene72 on Mar 6, 13 5:22 AM
Firstly the game installed fine for me - I noticed lots of posts saying it took hours, I am on Windows XP if that helps.

Lots of Dialogue in this game and the first 5+ levels have an annoying tutorial that doesn't let you do anything else until it is completed. Very kiddy step by step.

The game is easy to pick up and there are many parts to each level. The aim is to get a gold star on each part. is you miss on any part (and want to get all gold) you have to start the entire level again.

the speed you have to go at is fairly high and there isn't the time to plan as with other TM games. So I am sure the guys that like to go slow will hate it.

Saying all that I kinda like it - I am a pure TM fan and this has me hooked even with the cartoon graphics etc.

Will buy and hope it has a lot of levels (finished cicra 14 in my 60mins)

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Mar 6, 13 5:46 AM
Good morning everybody She's driving in her pink cadillac
Oh, my bad sorry for the singing I didn't mean to scare everybody this morning. Well wouldn't you know it just when this little lady got the chance to get out of the house and have some fun some evil genius decides to throw her off course just like a man. Although I do get the feeling that she and her cat have this whole Thelma and Louise thing going on they clearly traveled out of their dimension and ended up in never never land where a air headed hunk comes and saves the day. Apparently they like it and have decided to stick around and help out the hunk and all the people that live there all the while fighting off elemental's and going on the journey of a lifetime. Yep I'm convinced they definitely got a Thelma and Louise thing going on !

What a cool building game this one is definitely different. We haven't had one like this before. With this one you have an inventory so when you pick up certain things they are placed into your inventory for you to use such as shovels, hammers, axe's, and shears a bubble will appear over top of the one's you need to use the inventory items on. There is still the debris clearing gathering of food and supplies there is also a tool bar at the bottom that you use for building and upgrading.

The graphics are really cute the levels are done in stages. There are two major flaws with this game it doesn't have the option of timed or relaxed and there is way too much dialogue and I mean way too much. This is the chattiest game I've ever come across nearly every time before and after you do something there is dialogue with it I mean it's dialogue overkill and I fear these two things are gonna cause many people not to buy the game and that is sad because it really is a cool and different builder game.

I bought the game and so far I'm loving it but all the dialogue is nerve racking. The game is fun and really cute and has a lot of different things going on and it's one like we've never had before so dev's if your reading this I don't mean to sound like a fussy person but please if you do another game or do a sequel to this one please don't have so much dialogue and add a relaxed mode your only hurting yourself with this. If not for those two things this game would have been absolutely flawless. Give the demo a try it's worth it. Thank you dev's and Big Fish for another cool building adventure. Have fun everybody !

Edited on 03/06/2013 at 5:54:22 AM PST

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Mar 6, 13 5:49 AM
I love this game (and Ballad of Solar)

The game mixes elements of Build A Lot, Roads of Rome/MKFTP with a cute interactive story.

Levels are done in stages, which can be a bit annoying as you have to redo the whole level if you miss gold on one part (even though it says replay stage) but it is fun working out the best way to solve the level.
Just make sure you pay attention to the goals you need to achieve for each stage.

Some levels are easy and some require a bit of planning/replaying but overall it is light and fun, and if you run out of time you can still play on and finish the level, you just do not get the expert star.

Ballad of Solar which is similar style without the BAL parts is even more addictive,

It may seem a bit simple at first but I would give this game a chance as it gets better and more complex as you go along.

I would definitely buy more games like this and BOS.

wmidds
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by wmidds on Mar 6, 13 9:50 AM
Unless you are buying time management games for a 10 year old, don't bother with this one!!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Reviews for Outta This Kingdom

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 6, 13 11:18 AM
Me, I find a third major flaw: This game is really, really, really CUTE!

I don't mind that Rachel, the ordinary housewife, is pro-model level gorgeous. And I appreciate that Jake is pro-model level gorgeous. But did we have to have a knight w/ so much paunch that his belly button sticks out of his armor???

I do like Martha the cat. And having the workers look like the Mario brothers, cousins, and uncles ... that's cute too!

Edited on 03/06/2013 at 12:18:01 PM PST

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Mar 6, 13 12:49 PM
I have only played this in short spurts as I am having nausia probs, but i consider myself a seasoned TM player.

I LOVE it. It is quirky and different.

Some of those differences are annoying, like not chaining, the inventory button etc, but they are also what makes the game play different.

I am always amazed by the number of brilliant 10 year olds there are out there. I don't find this game easy at all & have had to replay many levels before I figured out the right strategy.

If you pass a gold star (on most levels, not all) you can take it back to the previous gold star.

And What would I sell for a second cat LOL

We are always complaining about same old, same old & this one is new and different and very welcome.

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Mar 6, 13 2:29 PM
I thought this was a good game. Different from the usual management games, but it is very annoying to be told every little thing and the dialogue cannot be skipped only clicked through. If it wasn't for all the talking I would buy this as I did enjoy the game play. Such a shame they have to ruin a potentially good game.

boofycat
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by boofycat on Mar 6, 13 5:27 PM
Perhaps a good game for six year olds just learning TM. I found the cartoon graphics and excessive hand holding just plain boring. I can't believe the makers of Northern Tale could slide so far backwards. No buy for me, even as a DD.

MsHamster
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by MsHamster on Mar 6, 13 8:11 PM
I'm on the fence with this one.

Too much dialog between levels and as the intro to a level.

Cute graphics - tho the worker icon on the main house looks like a girl with a mustache instead of a guy with a hard hat - LOL.

Didn't like that I had to wait for the tutorial "build this here" to complete before I could continue - but that is like a lot of others.

BFG - why so few TM games compared to HOGs ? Seems like every time there's a special discount, there aren't any new TM games It seems like forever since I've seen a new game worth buying.

Didn't like that I had to take an item from the inventory and place on what needs it and then click again when a worker/girl was available - would have preferred to just click once i had the item in the inventory (like the tools) or having the click to put the inventory item on the "blockage" also kick off the worker. Same with the spells to get rid of the monsters - would have been nice to just click on the Orb and when the girl got there it got rid of the monster instead of having to wait for her to get it and then click on the monster (queuing up clicks would be nice!).

If I decide to buy this one, it'll be because I need a new game, not because I'm overjoyed with this one. As much as I'd like to see how the story progresses, I'm just not sure if I really want it.

Nortank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by Nortank on Mar 6, 13 11:14 PM
Definitely not a buy for me. First of all, you can't queue actions, then you have to wait for dialogues all over the place - and then you sometimes have objects automatically available and at other times in the drawers and you have to go get them and place them into the right place. In general, TM games are carpal tunnel candidates, but this one twice as much.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Mar 7, 13 6:42 AM
This game is fun, but can be a bit irritating, coz lots of talking, but ok its tutorial to teach u how to play. Somehow there doesnt seem to be any time involved in completing the tasks, just completing the tasks will get u those stars. I was playing at my own pace, and I always get completion!

I hate it that I just cant hire more cats to get the food, and why cats are assigned to get the food? U can hire more workers using 20food units. It will speed the building. The gal (fairy, wizard, witch ???) was supposed to get the spell and used it to chase away elementals, which are the enemies

Download the 1hr trial and find out the first few stages, I got to abt 12. And if u like it, buy it. Characters are so-so, (not cute, not uncute). The hero is kinda of cartonnish, cross between he-man and Prince Charming. The cat is undernourished. Info centre look kinda of leaning to one side, but gingerbread house doesnt look so cute with all the goodies of candies etc.

RECOMMENDED to buy. I played thru the 1hr and still wanted more of this game. Its fun and something a bit different from the other building game, yet something familiar, eg sawmill, farm. All buildings kinda look story book like, rather than looking like the actual sawmill/farm etc. A sawmill looks like a cross between a watermill and sawmill (or is it a well + sawmill). Its lots of weird looking building, not actually "recognisable" as the building they are supposed to be. A Tavern can generate gems, (go figure)! Buy to see what happens next, and what other adventure awaits the trio of cat, hero, witch, soilders/workers

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Mar 13, 13 10:47 AM
I had a lot of fun with this game. It takes a lot of strategy, but even if you don't make gold you can keep playing!

The characters are real characters - funny! The artwork is cartoon-y, but holds together. The music works well. The constant meowing when the cat gets food gets annoying, but that's what volume control is for.

There were a few levels that stumped me, but there are solutions by other fishies in the forum.

I am really glad I got this, and will be playing it again and again!

IsisRising
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by IsisRising on Apr 8, 13 1:26 AM
Once I tried the game I had to have it.The tutorial,like many others, is rather annoying but I enjoyed the story ;line. The game play is easy to pick up.I am an older person and on disability and this game actually lifts my spirits because it is cute and enjoyable.
I would recommend it for all levels of players.

jugglins
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by jugglins on Apr 22, 13 8:08 PM
I like this game as well. The talking wouldn't annoy me much if it were not so much like a grade school play. The story line is fun, but the ending is kinda lame. I love these types of games I just wish BFG would do more of them.

Charleen
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Charleen on Jun 6, 13 6:09 AM
I loved this game!! And I am not 10 I am in my 50's.....I think anyone who likes interactive games will love this one...It does have a few that make you scratch your head and go ok what do I do next...But I personally loved this one.... It is in my 10 points system!!!
Big Fish rocks it again....
Thanks

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Mar 14, 14 2:12 PM
This is a delightful, silly, fun little game. And you don't have to be a preschooler to love it -- I'm 68 and having loads of fun. It's not a "serious" game by a long shot, but it sure is fun. And even better, it was on sale today so I got it for a song.

sadeyes0722
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by sadeyes0722 on Mar 17, 14 3:33 AM
Didn't think I would like this game, but I am enjoying it. If more tm games were like this I would probably get into them. I am playing on the untimed mode (don't like timed modes in any games) and enjoy figuring out exactly what I need to do in order to advance. BF have more games like this and boy will my games list get longer. lol
If anyone knows of any other TM games like this please let me know, I would love to at least try them. thank you. have a great day all. :-)

Edited on 03/17/2014 at 3:35:49 AM PST

Go to: