GinaBean
Manatee
Manatee
4,361 Posts

Re:Amazon Jungle: Monkey Puzzle

[Post New]by GinaBean on Jun 19, 08 6:35 PM
I'm LOVING this game! However, I just can't figure this monkey puzzle out! I get that I have to drag the 3 monkeys over and hang them to adjust the colors, and that I can change the sequence of the colors by clicking on the arrows, but I just can't get the combination! Don't want the complete answer, but a little hint might help! Maybe somewhere to start?

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Jun 20, 08 11:04 AM
While I wouldn't say there is a "secret" to it, I would say that when I played it, I focused on getting the colors for the top row to be in place first. After that I worked on the bottom row. I suppose a good tip would be to try and get some of the weights so that they'll sit with both of the correct colored pieces sitting on the lines without a monkey hanging on it. Try that .

Happy gaming!

[Post New]by peppymint7 on Jun 20, 08 1:25 PM
I am having a problem with this mini game also... i know what to do and how the monkerys work but the stone thing tells me to make the sequence blue purple green green and the third line has no green stones in it! how will that work out?

ghshoesfan
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by ghshoesfan on Jun 20, 08 5:23 PM
I am lost on this one---what the heck are the arrows for on the sides and how do you keep the monkeys there??

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Jun 20, 08 6:13 PM
Hi ghshoesfan! The arrows on the sides allow you to move pieces from one stack to another depending on which arrow you click, and the monkeys can hang from the bottom of a stack by dragging them over to it. I hope that helps .

Happy gaming!

[Post New]by Kayleigh_Mo on Jun 21, 08 1:07 AM
GinaBean wrote:I'm LOVING this game! However, I just can't figure this monkey puzzle out! I get that I have to drag the 3 monkeys over and hang them to adjust the colors, and that I can change the sequence of the colors by clicking on the arrows, but I just can't get the combination! Don't want the complete answer, but a little hint might help! Maybe somewhere to start?

You have all answers, someone can give you, as the puzzle is random. Maybe you could try also hanging 2 monkeys at one hook. That helped me (but it took me around 25 trials).
Greetings, Kayleigh

ghshoesfan
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by ghshoesfan on Jun 21, 08 4:09 AM
Hi ghshoesfan! The arrows on the sides allow you to move pieces from one stack to another depending on which arrow you click, and the monkeys can hang from the bottom of a stack by dragging them over to it. I hope that helps .

Happy gaming!

Nope still don't understand this game--guess I am just to stupid to do it and now I have wasted a credit! Oh well live and learn!

[Post New]by gatorvamp on Jun 23, 08 5:22 AM
You all keep talking about the arrows changing the colors - the only arrow that changes anything for me is the one that is lit up! I can't even get the colors I need to show up so I can get the monkeys to weight them down! HELP - I wish this game gave you a little more info on what the puzzles are supposed to do.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jun 23, 08 5:43 AM
gatorvamp wrote:You all keep talking about the arrows changing the colors - the only arrow that changes anything for me is the one that is lit up! I can't even get the colors I need to show up so I can get the monkeys to weight them down! HELP - I wish this game gave you a little more info on what the puzzles are supposed to do.

Gatorvamp, hang in there, The arrow that lights up is the only one that can change the position (not the color) of the pieces. So, let's say you need a green piece but none is on the line. So, use a monkey to pull down a different column so that a green piece is on the line ... then, click on the arrow to move it to the column where it is needed. Then, work on getting the second piece right. BUT, remember that when you click the arrow it moves the pieces and your green piece will be moved. One way to get around that is to hang a monkey on that column so your green piece is not in the line while you get your next piece lined up. Also, remember, you can hang 2 monkeys on a column if you need to. Hope that helps.

lilorange
Flounder
Flounder
2,206 Posts

[Post New]by lilorange on Jun 23, 08 5:52 AM
Gatorvamp, I second cesse47 in hanging in there! It took me awhile to solve this one yesterday, and once I finished I was walking down the stairs muttering "evil monkeys, evil monkeys"-lol! The instructions cesse47 gave you should help, just keep trying.

cherylsart
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by cherylsart on Jan 15, 09 4:09 PM
bfgAegean wrote:Well, if worst comes to worst ghshoesfan - you can always use hints to skip the puzzle. I'd hate for you not to see the rest of the game . But don't give up just yet, you'll get it! You can also download the <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/3595/hidden-expedition-amazon-strategy-guide/index.html" target="_blank">Hidden Expedition: Amazon Strategy Guide</a>, which has a free demo. Maybe that'll help .

Happy gaming!

You can skip the puzzle? How do you do that? I've gotten it once before but this time I just cannot get it to work and it's taking the fun out of the game for me. I hate it when they take a really great HO game and ruin it with these infuriating puzzles! I'm too old for this stuff!

wellcrap
Clownfish
Clownfish
686 Posts

[Post New]by wellcrap on Jan 18, 09 12:12 AM
Is it legal to shoot monkeys in the Amazon??? These monkeys are ticking me off! I am stuck in bed with a broken back. I was looking around for things to do online and found bigfish. Love it. Bought all the MCF games (including the DS one which hasn't gotten here yet) and loved them. This one looked promising, and until I arrived in Monkey Hell I was zipping right along, enjoying the scenery. Now I'm stuck. Hopefully some of the hints I read here will help.

cherylsart
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by cherylsart on Jan 18, 09 8:33 AM
If you click on hint twice, it will give you the option to solve the puzzle for you. Then you can go on. I like the hidden object aspect of these games but if the puzzles are too hard I get frustrated. Sounds like you don't need any stress, so bypass the puzzle and move on. I really like this game. The graphics are lovely and and there are some cool little things that you have to pay attention to see but really add to the game.

The Gamezebo website has a walkthrough for this game, but the monkey puzzle is random, so no help there.

Hope you're up an around again real soon!

Edited on 01/18/2009 at 8:34:30 AM PST

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jan 18, 09 8:46 AM
wellcrap wrote:Is it legal to shoot monkeys in the Amazon??? These monkeys are ticking me off! I am stuck in bed with a broken back. I was looking around for things to do online and found bigfish. Love it. Bought all the MCF games (including the DS one which hasn't gotten here yet) and loved them. This one looked promising, and until I arrived in Monkey Hell I was zipping right along, enjoying the scenery. Now I'm stuck. Hopefully some of the hints I read here will help.
Wellcrap, welcome to the Fish Pond. If you've read through the thread, I'm sure you've found all the tips on how to solve this puzzle. The best tip I can give you is solve the top line first ...then work down to the next line. When you get to the 3-line puzzle, solve the top and bottom...then the middle. My good fishie friend GinaBean would gladly help you buy ammunition...LOL I know those darn monkeys gave her nightmares. Good Luck with the game ... and your back.

wellcrap
Clownfish
Clownfish
686 Posts

[Post New]by wellcrap on Jan 18, 09 10:03 PM
Thanks guys! For all the hints and tips and the get-wells. I managed to get through the monkeys last night before tossing the laptop out the window. (Which I was seriously considering) I have NO idea how I did it. I was enjoying a small amount of revenge on the monkeys by flinging them through the air and calling them all sorts of colorful names.

Got any suggestions for more good HO games? LOVED Ravenhurst and the MCF ones. Madame Fate was fantastic.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 18, 09 10:08 PM
wellcrap wrote:Thanks guys! For all the hints and tips and the get-wells. I managed to get through the monkeys last night before tossing the laptop out the window. (Which I was seriously considering) I have NO idea how I did it. I was enjoying a small amount of revenge on the monkeys by flinging them through the air and calling them all sorts of colorful names.

Got any suggestions for more good HO games? LOVED Ravenhurst and the MCF ones. Madame Fate was fantastic.

Have you played Return to Ravenhearst yet? Fantastic! Also check out the two Dream Chronicles and both Azadas.

PS- love the name!

wellcrap
Clownfish
Clownfish
686 Posts

[Post New]by wellcrap on Jan 19, 09 12:53 AM
Yup - did both Ravenhearst games and hope the ending indicates a third one. I hated to finish it! I'll check out the others, thanks for the recommendations.

Ha! The name is something I say - a lot. Trying to get rid of my potty mouth was my resolution for this year. Although it doesn't quite give me the stress relief belting out profanity does, it's better than sounding like a drunken sailor on shore leave. And it was better than wellpoo.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 19, 09 7:26 AM
wellcrap wrote:Yup - did both Ravenhearst games and hope the ending indicates a third one. I hated to finish it! I'll check out the others, thanks for the recommendations.

Ha! The name is something I say - a lot. Trying to get rid of my potty mouth was my resolution for this year. Although it doesn't quite give me the stress relief belting out profanity does, it's better than sounding like a drunken sailor on shore leave. And it was better than wellpoo.

LMAO!

Terri218
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by Terri218 on Jun 1, 09 7:08 AM
scotcat wrote:
GinaBean wrote:I'm LOVING this game! However, I just can't figure this monkey puzzle out! I get that I have to drag the 3 monkeys over and hang them to adjust the colors, and that I can change the sequence of the colors by clicking on the arrows, but I just can't get the combination! Don't want the complete answer, but a little hint might help! Maybe somewhere to start?

There are 3 games in the monkey puzzle. I just played around with it until I got the right combo...... until I hit #3 when you have to do two lines at the same time. That's when I went and got my husband and cried for help. He finished it for me, otherwise I may still be there.

You do know you can hang the monkeys on the ropes and change the colors further up the line so that when you take the monkeys off and rearange them, the colors will fall into place.

Good luck!
Can you please send your husband to my house. I am stuck on the double lines one. I don't understand how it can work if the two colors you need in the column don't appear in the right order.

jovipookie
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jovipookie on Jul 5, 09 8:03 PM
cherylsart wrote:If you click on hint twice, it will give you the option to solve the puzzle for you.

Thank you cherylsart. I hated this puzzle and it was worth losing 2 hints to get past it. Great advice.

Edited on 07/05/2009 at 8:09:21 PM PST

Go to: