bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Azada: Elementa Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 7, 13 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

Re:Post any Azada: Elementa Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by tishythree on Mar 7, 13 1:04 AM
i hope this comes under tec issues i am having problems with some games i am able to download them ( but it is taking hours rather than minutes which it used to take ) but when i try to play i get the game already running message so i have to close down the pc and delete the game am i the only one having problems...

fla_girl
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by fla_girl on Mar 7, 13 1:20 AM
I'm having problems reading the HOG words that are written in red and has a dark green background, might want to change this comination.

frazerpaul
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

DOWNLOAD

[Post New]by frazerpaul on Mar 7, 13 1:25 AM
Hi an hour and a half and still only at 6% will it ever get there?

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 7, 13 1:42 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm sorry to see that some of you are having issues with the game .

frazerpaul and tishythree - Which speed you have while downloading a game depends on many factors - like your connection speed, connection to the server, size of the game and background processes. It might help to make sure that you have no processes in the background, e.g. programs updating, that could influence your download speed. You can also find some useful tips on what to do when you have problems downloading a game by clicking here.

Please mind that slow downloads right after vthe release of a game could also be connected to the server you are connected to. When a game is released, each region usually accesses a certain server. If you are one of the first to download the game the servers usually still need to set up the download for this particular game. As soon as this has happened the following downloads will be faster.

fla_girl - That definitely doesn't sound nice, thanks for letting us know! Just to make sure that this isn't a display issue I would recommend that you have a look at our help article here as well to make sure that all the software that is necessary for the game is up-to-date!

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 03/07/2013 at 1:48:16 AM PST

[Post New]by mavisfearn1 on Mar 7, 13 2:42 AM
hi i am having same issues with slow down loading my last four games have took hours to download instead of a few minutes

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 7, 13 2:46 AM
Heya mavisfearn1, welcome to the Pond!

As mentioned in my previous post, problems while downloading a game can have many reasons. If your problems also occur with games that you don't download shortly after they have been released, it could help to make sure that no processes in the background are using your bandwidth and could slow down your download. You can also find some usful tips on how to solve these problems here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 7, 13 3:17 AM
I've been a BFG member for quite a long while and don't remember ever having these download issues until a few months ago. This morning I tried to d/l this demo; it stuck at 4% and just stopped. I deleted the download, then updated my anti-virus which ran at my ISP's usual speed. So it's not my PC or my ISP that is causing this problem.

Even taking into consideration a 'set-up' time for the server that I connect to from the UK, I can't believe it needs hours to carry out this process. If I try the d/l at a later time it will run at normal speed but surely BFG must realise that when a new game is released there will be lots of people trying to d/l it. It's not unreasonable to expect that provision should be made for this scenario, rather than simply repeating the same information every time people get these slow d/l issues.

When new games are released on other sites I don't recall having any problems downloading them. It appears to be specific to this site. And I've contacted technical support before about this; aside from updating to IE9, there was nothing else they could find within my set-up that could be causing this slow d/l problem.

It would seem that my only option is to not d/l any new demos until they are no longer the TGT; the downside to that is that any special offers e.g. 'buy this today and get an extra punch' will be lost. Still, better that than waiting 3 or 4 hours for a demo to d/l.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Mar 7, 13 3:39 AM
bfgBiwa wrote:Heya Fishies,

I'm sorry to see that some of you are having issues with the game .

Please mind that slow downloads right after vthe release of a game could also be connected to the server you are connected to. When a game is released, each region usually accesses a certain server. If you are one of the first to download the game the servers usually still need to set up the download for this particular game. As soon as this has happened the following downloads will be faster.

bfgBiwa

Hi bfgBiwa.

Is there nothing that can be done about this ? Maybe upload the TGT a day early even though it is not released for sale?

As others have said this is a continuous problem.

I downloaded the demo in about 30 mins.

After buying, I am still d/l the full version, currently at 47% after 2 hours.

I have closed the GM & reopened it, paused & restarted the DL & it gets going for about 1% then stops again.

My PC is tuned up and up to date & nothing else is running.

I did a broardband speed check with my provider (BT, I am in the UK) and my current speed is downloading @ 4.4 Mb. Is that a second, minute or an hour ?

IE it estimates I can download a film in @ 61 mins.

Sorry to nag & I know it is not your fault, but you are our voice here.

Thanks

Jojo

ETA: 20 mins after posting here, my DL whizzed up & has just installed

Edited on 03/07/2013 at 3:58:38 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 7, 13 3:46 AM
Tried this demo again, 3 hours after my first attempt so now gone 11.45am in the UK. Got to 12% quick as a flash, then slowed to a d/l speed of less than 300kbps. Obviously not enough people have downloaded it in my area for the servers to 'set up' yet, even at almost lunchtime here.

I give up and will wait until tomorrow.

mothermayhem
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by mothermayhem on Mar 7, 13 3:57 AM
fla_girl wrote:I'm having problems reading the HOG words that are written in red and has a dark green background, might want to change this comination.

Same problem. had to grab my husbands magnifier.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Mar 7, 13 3:58 AM
The demo was DL good. But when I bought the game it's very slow.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 7, 13 4:03 AM
Heya Fishies,

jojo_the_joyful - I think that's definitely a great idea and you can be sure we are looking into ways on how to improve the download experience you are having.

However, as the servers only get set up by regional downloads and the TGT can't actually be downloaded before it is being released, uploading it beforehand would probably not solve the problem in that case. I will forward this though to see if anything can be done .

Regarding your broadband check, this should be the speed you have a second.

dobbiemijnboekje - That the demo was rather fast but the game itself is taking a while could be because at this time, the demo would be downloaded more often than the main game as most people will try it first.

angelfish106 - I'm really so sorry for the frustration! As you live in the UK it also has to be taken into account that the international connection could have problems getting a better speed.

While I'm sure you have tried this already I would definitely recommend that you keep reporting these issues to our Tech Support Team together with your Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report. This is the only way for us to thoroughly investigate these issues.

Thank you for your help and patience!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 03/07/2013 at 4:08:24 AM PST

frazerpaul
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

DOWNLOAD OR NOT

[Post New]by frazerpaul on Mar 7, 13 4:22 AM
WELL NOW OVER 4 HOURS AND STILL AT 23% OVER . MY COMPUTER IS ONLY A MONTH OLD WINDOWS 8 WITH BAGS OF SPACE IT MY HAPPEN BY MIDNIGHT!!!!!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 7, 13 4:48 AM
Hi frazerpaul,

Your download speed will mostly be dependent on your bandwidth, checking your service with your ISP can often help us resolve issues with downloads speeds, if only to eliminate that as a possible cause. In addition, they can let you know of the best times to download games, as there will be periods where demand is lower and hence the service is faster.

Also, it is worth noting that some games are larger than others and as mentioned above by bfgBiwa, that slow downloads can occur if you are among the first in your region to install the game.

That being said, if you feel like your download speed is slow for a number of games and have tried the troubleshooting steps offered already, please do reach out to the Tech Support Team as they will be able to offer specific advice. Doing so will also help us identify any possible issues that need attention.

Hoping this information is helpful,

bfgBaikal

frazerpaul
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Download 3

[Post New]by frazerpaul on Mar 7, 13 5:05 AM
Well it looks as if this game does not like windows 8 just downloaded it on my other computer running XP and 5 years old DL in about 10 mins that says it all to me

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 7, 13 5:12 AM
Thanks so much for letting us know about that frazerpaul that is really helpful to know and I will pass that info on right away so we can track this.

Much appreciated and I hope you can enjoy the game on that other machine!

bfgBaikal

frazerpaul
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Game

[Post New]by frazerpaul on Mar 7, 13 5:36 AM
will do good game so far

[Post New]by silverlady47 on Mar 7, 13 6:21 AM
I have given up on downloading this game, it started off OK and then the download time fizzled out, I went out to do some shopping and when I got back it had hardly moved so I removed it!
Have just downloaded an older game to see if I had a problem and it took a matter of minutes, so its not my PC or my provider.

I will wait to a later date to download the Demo.

sollys
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by sollys on Mar 7, 13 6:21 AM
This game downloaded for me in 8 minutes and installed in 3 minutes. I had the same problem some of our fishies are having until last year when I updated my memory and driver. Problems were floating cursors, inventory items taking several minutes to fill inventory,scenes taking too long to change , etc. and downloading very slow. I own all the other AZadA gaMES and am looking forward to this changed concept.

Go to: