bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Azada: Elementa Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 7, 13 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Azada: Elementa Collector's Edition? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Azada: Elementa Collector's Edition page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Azada: Elementa Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 7, 13 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Mar 7, 13 2:25 AM
Played 45 minutes, casual

- 3 modes, casual, advanced, fearless hereo, you can change mode while playing

- Extras show bonus play, wall papers, concept art, screensavers, mini games, H0, video, music

- Integrated SG which only shows 3 chapters

- Notebook

- Shortly after starting the game you get an interactive map

- You get a pet, you've got to name it, decide of his age and home town. You must collect critter coins to buy him accessories

- Throughout the game you collect different animals

- Voice overs

- Excellent music

- Gorgeous graphics

- H0 in this version, interactive, items that require an action are written in red and not easy to read

- Good mini games

- Hint refills quickly casual mode, didn't try it outside H0

You're the chosen one, up to you to solve Azada's problems. This looks like an excellent game and is a straight buy for me.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Mar 7, 13 2:45 AM
It seems that ers has completely thrown out the ideas and concepts that made the first Azada games so likeable and so memorable, and instead have come to believe that Azada games should go in an utterly disastrous direction. I had hoped they would stick to the concepts the original developers presented (especially after they were so careful to do so in "Phantasmat")----but no, ers has chosen to go to the back and forth tasks, HOS that you have to visit twice, simplistic puzzles, and grossly caricatured evil-doers that have served them so well in so many of their other repetitious series.
Oh wait, there is one big similarity to the first games----no widescreen, because ers still doesn't support present day widescreen, developing their games for a 4:3 aspect ratio and padding it with art work down the sides. It has nothing to do with settings, graphic cards, etc. (I was very proud of my Mitsubishi top of the line 35 inch TV when I got it----in 1990. But with the HDTV that I now have, I can still see all the old movies with black bars down the sides. LOL) Come on, ers, it's 2013!

And the game itself is not even up to ers "standards".
--the HOS feature items listed in red on a green background that you can barely, if at all, read.
--the graphics are foggy.
--they have presented us with yet another "adorable" pet (that makes a very grating noise) that you can "dress up". Isn't that just precious?
--there is a "magic bottle" you can use which is simply cumbersome and annoying.
--SPOILER ALERT----there is a 3 headed dog that is simply gross. END SPOILER
--there is absolutely no challege, nothing to think about----just find this, put it there, move on. Like every other ers game.
--the CE package is the usual----and this time you are even warned that the bonus game is needed to really complete the story. (Travel to the very heart of Azada!!) In games before, ers was noted for very short bonus play. But they have corrected that by simply cutting off the story, and calling the denouement a "bonus". Bad idea.

I could go on, but you get the idea. No original thought or imagination exists in this game in a series that was hallmarked by imagination and originality. The original Azada devs must be speechless. But I imagine that hard core ers fans will love it----so, as always, try for yourself. But I think it's a completely lackluster game. And they want CE money for this? Uninstalled.

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Sept24 on Mar 7, 13 2:49 AM
Played for about 3/4 hour and am very disappointed. Loved the first two puzzle style Azada games.3rd game Azada In Libro is such a great game IMO, I loved it. It had no hidden object scenes and was strictly a adventure/puzzle game and a really great one. When I saw this game I was thrilled expecting the same. Not at all so far. Already had 2 hidden object scenes and it just doesn't seem to compare in any way to past games. I almost bought it without even trying and now I am not sure if I will ever buy it. Positively not until SE.

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Mar 7, 13 3:42 AM
Absolutely disagree with the very harsh and negative reviews on this new and improved Azada....it is obvious that some people just plain don't like ERS games....I love this one! Hated the other Azada games, got extremely bored very shortly into those ones, at least, Azada Elementa has a bit of everything in it and the graphics are stupendous, as usual...the voiceovers are very good.... sharp, clear graphics and ERS games always fills my screen, don't understand why others have issues with that. Maybe it is my graphic settings. Love, love, love that there are hidden object scenes (finally) in this Azada game! Thank you muchly, BFG and ERS for bringing us this wonderful game!! I can only imagine how difficult it is to try to create a game that will please everybody and how much work goes into the development of these games. Kudos!!! Keep up the great work and don't change a thing! Straight buy for me as well! To everyone who love this game, enjoy!!

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Mar 7, 13 6:18 AM
I guess I'm just utterly tired of ERS......the game graphics were pretty...the HOG graphics not so much. Found it very hard to see a lot of the objects.

Way too many cut scenes and dialog for me.

Mini games.....tedious.

All those creatures and that blue bottle.....

Way too much of the same old and predictable. Not even as a SE.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 7, 13 7:12 AM
Dear me, whatever happened to the wonderfully unique concept that was the original Azada? BFG Studios should be ashamed of themselves for allowing ERS to turn it into just another of their endless sequels to games that have passed their sell by date.

I can't find one good thing to say about this game and am in total agreement with cbtx. The graphics are washed out and bland, the magic bottle is pointless and annoying, no challenge to the puzzles at all, that poor, sad looking 3 headed dog is just horrible and HOS in Azada?? I don't think so. As for naming and dressing up the pet....what are we, 6 years old?

Add to that the usual lack of the game filling my monitor (as explained by cbtx) and the fact that after 31 minutes the game crashed (not that by then I even cared), it's doubtful I would even buy this as a DD, never mind a CE. And I'm not saying that because I don't like ERS games; I have several of them and many are enjoyable. I was one of those that loved Azada: In Libro (also made by ERS) but this game is awful compared to that.
Absolutely a no buy here.

Ruined

[Post New]by themouse020 on Mar 7, 13 7:18 AM
I agree that ERS has taken Azada in a direction which no longer interests me. I do wonder what demographic the designers are aiming to please - I'm a 62 year old puzzle gamer, and have no use for cute animals (or cartoonish bad guys, for that matter). This company has systematically turned Phantasmat, Puppetshow, and Azada franchises into games that only a child could love (just my opinion, mind you..). I do see some great reviews for the game, so there must be a market for this. Am glad that some fishies are enjoying the game. Just wish that we could start seeing games aimed at the less cutesy crowd, particularly those we loved in their original creepy forms. Bottom line is always sales - if enough fishies want to dress up cute animals, ERS will keep sending them our way. BTW, it is also pretty boring to hear the same musical backgrounds over and over again - if the company is making money, it should invest in some new music, and a game engine that can do graphics in widescreen. Until then, I'm not buying any more from these folks.

midori2
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by midori2 on Mar 7, 13 7:20 AM
cbtx said it all, I couldn't possibly agree more. The first 2 Azada games I would easily rate as some of the best games I've ever played. In fact, Big Fish could have jacked up the prices on those two and I would have gladly paid because they were amazing, fabulous, original, and very re-playable. Since ERS took over, Azada is just another ERS game, not unlike any of their other offerings. Dull, watercolor colors, same old, same old, predictable ERS style, which of course, ERS fans will simply love. As for me? I couldn't be more disappointed that what was a guaranteed buy for me with this series has turned into a guaranteed pass.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Mar 7, 13 7:28 AM
I don't know about this. I know I don't love it. I'm not sure if I like it or not. I hate, hate, hate the HO scenes. The only good thing is they redo them so it doesn't take me as long the second time through. I despise the typical ERS HO scenes, I think they're the worst ones in the industry. I always have to take a painkiller from the eyestrain headache I get from them. I love the newer interactive ones like in The Gold Bug, wish they'd go more in that direction again. There is a magic bottle you have to use and that's just annoying me more than anything else. I clicked on the journal to find the numbers for a lock and it wanted to give me a tutorial. For a journal? And why bother to have a lock puzzle if all you have to do is enter the numbers you read?
So far I have repeated one HO scene, which I hated both times, done 2 puzzles which were insultingly easy, waved a magic bottle around lots of times, named some animal and discovered others, I have no idea why, and that's about it. I think I'm feeling more irritated than anything else. I might end up getting it later down the road, in a sale, after the SE comes out and I can scroll through the walkthrough and see how many stupid, irritating, headache producing HOs they've put in it. Goodbye, lovely AZADA, hello stupid dumbed down AzadERS

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Mar 7, 13 7:29 AM
Too many cut scenes and splashy graphics that aren't adding anything to the game play. Tired of most moving graphics in most games that have them. It's also too cartoonish, sick of that. Loved the first two games, but just gonna pass on this one. Putting the ending in the bonus CE is a really bad idea ERS. Won't be buying any more of your games if you start that as a practice for all your games. The only plus I can add is that I did have full screen.

midori2
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Ruined

[Post New]by midori2 on Mar 7, 13 7:33 AM
themouse020 wrote:I agree that ERS has taken Azada in a direction which no longer interests me. I do wonder what demographic the designers are aiming to please - I'm a 62 year old puzzle gamer, and have no use for cute animals (or cartoonish bad guys, for that matter). This company has systematically turned Phantasmat, Puppetshow, and Azada franchises into games that only a child could love (just my opinion, mind you..). I do see some great reviews for the game, so there must be a market for this. Am glad that some fishies are enjoying the game. Just wish that we could start seeing games aimed at the less cutesy crowd, particularly those we loved in their original creepy forms. Bottom line is always sales - if enough fishies want to dress up cute animals, ERS will keep sending them our way. BTW, it is also pretty boring to hear the same musical backgrounds over and over again - if the company is making money, it should invest in some new music, and a game engine that can do graphics in widescreen. Until then, I'm not buying any more from these folks.

Yes, yes! I couldn't have phrased it better! Big Fish - please take note of what TheMouse is saying here - we're not all 10 year-old little girls playing games on our pink laptops in our pink bedrooms on our pink canopy beds! Some of us are adults looking for a challenge, which, by the way, the first developer of Azada completely fulfilled. I would so love it if Azada was taken away from ERS and given back to the original devs. It would be a guaranteed buy from (judging from the comments) several sad, disappointed Pond Dwellers.

Ruined

[Post New]by MemorableMovies on Mar 7, 13 7:45 AM
I couldn't agree more. I loved the first two games. They are among my favorites. This is one I won't be buying. They took something unique and turned it into just another same old same old. This game is a disappointment and should have had a different name. It is not Azada.

midori2 wrote:
themouse020 wrote:I agree that ERS has taken Azada in a direction which no longer interests me. I do wonder what demographic the designers are aiming to please - I'm a 62 year old puzzle gamer, and have no use for cute animals (or cartoonish bad guys, for that matter). This company has systematically turned Phantasmat, Puppetshow, and Azada franchises into games that only a child could love (just my opinion, mind you..). I do see some great reviews for the game, so there must be a market for this. Am glad that some fishies are enjoying the game. Just wish that we could start seeing games aimed at the less cutesy crowd, particularly those we loved in their original creepy forms. Bottom line is always sales - if enough fishies want to dress up cute animals, ERS will keep sending them our way. BTW, it is also pretty boring to hear the same musical backgrounds over and over again - if the company is making money, it should invest in some new music, and a game engine that can do graphics in widescreen. Until then, I'm not buying any more from these folks.

Yes, yes! I couldn't have phrased it better! Big Fish - please take note of what TheMouse is saying here - we're not all 10 year-old little girls playing games on our pink laptops in our pink bedrooms on our pink canopy beds! Some of us are adults looking for a challenge, which, by the way, the first developer of Azada completely fulfilled. I would so love it if Azada was taken away from ERS and given back to the original devs. It would be a guaranteed buy from (judging from the comments) several sad, disappointed Pond Dwellers.

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Mar 7, 13 8:04 AM
Review based on trial: 4th in the series - The first two were very different I enjoyed immensely - they were a definite challenge. The third was so so for me. Unlike the ERS naysayers I have really enjoyed this 4th trial and it will be a buy. Not that there aren't a few corrections needed to make the game play better.

Choice of three modes of play and a strategy guide that stays in play and a map. SG doesn't give a clue as to number of chapters

Bonus Items:
Azada Colorbook - very interesting - not sure if the blank ones could be printed.
MY PET - A Companion that you can customize type - cat, dragon, panda - etc. and even dress by collecting coins throughout the game.
3 screensavers not impressed with and not available until after you play the game.
Concept Art and Wallpapers (6) not impressed - but then in any game I don't think unavailable screensavers and wallpapers are worth the price of a CE.
Mini-games and HOGs will be available after bonus.
Collectibles are coins for costume for your pet and various types of curious animals along the way.

GAME PLAY -
Love the pet and the bubble is fine - but the unintelligent language is terribly annoying and unnecessary.
HOGs so far the colors are a bit strange and whomever chose the colors needs to get glasses. Extremely difficult and unpleasant to read - I mostly had to click click to find things.
Need some comment when you click on mini-game that tells you you are missing an item. Plus directions were haphazard.
on the mini-games themselves were very good and someone had a definite sense of humor.
the results aren't in on that magic bottle yet - sometimes it was plain annoying.
Storyline, characters, animals so far are good and intriguing. Plus the handsome guy showing up now and then doesn't hurt! Whoever thought the dog was ugly - I thought it was funny and creative.
So far no occult - thank you thank you

GRAPHICS: Very imaginable and beautiful

I don't know if the game has an ending that would make it game complete in an SE or if you must have the bonus. If that is the case - I think it is poor marketing any game company to do this. Each game should be complete on it's own and the bonus should be just that - either a separate type storyline or an extension.

Calais30
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by Calais30 on Mar 7, 13 9:36 AM
I hate the first two so I am happy that the nature of the game has changed. I am thirty-something and I say this to demonstrate that there are gamers of all ages and some may like the more updated graphics, the cutesy animals and three-headed dogs.

Edited on 03/07/2013 at 9:40:11 AM PST

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Mar 7, 13 9:41 AM
Wow, you guys are brutal today.

IMHO, ERS has stepped up and given us a game far better than the previous Azada games. I didn't particularly care for Azada In Libro but Azada Elemental is a very entertaining game.

I hope that most of you who say the developer never listens will take a good look at this game. We have an interactive map and we have achievements - something all the ERS bashers have been waiting for.

The graphics are excellent, the story is good, I like the extra touches provided for this game. The game opens in widescreen with no problem. I had an issue for the first time with an ERS game not opening in widescreen when I purchase my Windows8 laptop. I didn't belittle the developer, I looked at my graphics card and tweaked some settings. No more problems.

It is my hope that after seeing all the negative reviews, you will at least try the demo before you decide. Keep an open mind and try it for yourself.

I bought the game and really like it.

Thanks BFG and ERS for listening to what we want in a CE game and coming through. Great job.

ETA: I have finally finished the main game and want to add that this is one of the longest games I've played in a while. Not only is the game long, many of the puzzles were difficult. I think those who based their opinion of this game on the demo or worse yet, only 10 or 15 minutes of play, have missed out on a terrific game. IMHO, this game tops some put out by the "mammoth" that everyone touts as putting out far superior games. Some of you may have missed an incredible game without giving it a fair chance.

Edited on 03/10/2013 at 9:01:23 AM PST

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Mar 7, 13 9:53 AM
biscuitsmama wrote:Wow, you guys are brutal today.

IMHO, ERS has stepped up and given us a game far better than the previous Azada games. I didn't particularly care for Azada In Libro but Azada Elemental is a very entertaining game.

I hope that most of you who say the developer never listens will take a good look at this game. We have an interactive map and we have achievements - something all the ERS bashers have been waiting for.

The graphics are excellent, the story is good, I like the extra touches provided for this game. The game opens in widescreen with no problem. I had an issue for the first time with an ERS game not opening in widescreen when I purchase my Windows8 laptop. I didn't belittle the developer, I looked at my graphics card and tweaked some settings. No more problems.

It is my hope that after seeing all the negative reviews, you will at least try the demo before you decide. Keep an open mind and try it for yourself.

Thanks BFG and ERS for listening to what we want in a CE game and coming through. Great job.

I am totally and wholeheartedly with you, biscuitsmama! I am absolutely enjoying this game. I love everything about it. I don't really care if it follows the mold of the other Azadas or not, actually I'm kinda glad for the direction the devs are going and I hope they continue, go go go, you cute little bunny, you (The devs, that is ) Thanks for your comments, biscuitsmama

ttomm46
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by ttomm46 on Mar 7, 13 10:24 AM
I guess I'm getting jaded but for me at 67 this seems rather childish....

Calais30
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by Calais30 on Mar 7, 13 10:40 AM
biscuitsmama wrote:Wow, you guys are brutal today.

I love it too! I love my pet and the fact that I get to name it!

Go to: