[Post New]by cleoladycat on Mar 7, 13 1:32 AM
Any comment fishes?

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

Re:Today's DD March 7 2013

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Mar 7, 13 4:20 AM
Was hoping this would come up as a Daily Deal someday. Really liked it when it first came out, but I had read reviews saying it was quite short. So, I noted it as 'DD Only'.

Bought it. Here's hoping I still like it a year later!

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Mar 7, 13 5:59 AM
Had not seen it before, but, playing the trial, it appears clear to me that Aaron is some relation to Dominic. Maybe his son? That mirror went by too fast to judge. Oh well, maybe later.

OK, found the post in another thread that Dominic is indeed Aaron's father. Good to know. I guess I did learn something from those first two games LOL.

Edited on 03/07/2013 at 6:03:43 AM PST

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Mar 7, 13 11:45 AM
Wait...first two games? Now I have to look it up.

I read the reviews which were all over the place. Too hard, too easy, too much hand holding, not enough....I think without the reviews I might not have bought it. As it was I had reason to expect it might be confusing, so maybe it didn't throw me as much. The conjunction of "painting" and "puzzles" made me give the trial at least a run.

I don't mind a bit of hand holding in the beginning. I love virtual reality. Also story driven games, which this one isn't. On the basis of the trial, I probably would have passed if it wasn't a DD. Actually, it would have gone on my DD to buy list for sure. I was interrupted half an hour in and really resented it, I wanted to get back to the game! At the end of an hour I knew I was hooked.

It is NOT a HOG. It's pure puzzle adventure. I'm finding some of it difficult, and some quite easy. That makes it even better for me. If you like this kind of game, and don't mind some guessing, check it out. You wont lose much anyway as a DD!

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on Mar 7, 13 4:17 PM
I didn't think I would like this game but decided to try it. It is unusual and I found it to be quite fun.

dillon3473
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by dillon3473 on Mar 7, 13 6:34 PM
I love this game. Quite sparse on details, voiceovers, etc., yet an intelligent game. I was lost a little at first, The puzzles are ridiculously easy and the paintings are jigsaws. A bit short, but a definite buy,

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Mar 7, 13 7:42 PM
I have regretted purchasing this $2.99 game. It is such a short game at 3 hours for me.....and I got lost!!!!

There is only one mode of play.

There are no voiceovers.

There is no journal.

There is no map.

There are no HOS.

There are approx. 27 puzzles. The puzzles are mostly extremely simple. Puzz;es can be skipped in approximately 1 minute.

Hint: recharges in about1 minute, but gives generic hints, such as "I'm sure I've seen that before.....".
The hint was absolutely useless throughout the game.

Go to: