[Post New]by melissamcgrath on Mar 7, 13 1:33 AM
How do you get gold on this level?

RIHope08
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:Level 12

[Post New]by RIHope08 on Mar 7, 13 6:21 AM
I am also trying to figure out this level . Any help would be greatly appreciated. Going thru too much coffee on this one level .

njewer
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by njewer on Mar 7, 13 7:47 AM
I just barely beat it....don't remember the exact sequence but in the first part I demolished homes, filled holes, collected wood and items. Then after putting out the fires I built the market first, then the two farms, while still demolishing any remaining lots...then built the second house with extra people upgrade and the gem building. Keep collecting food and gems and trading for the best deal with the market. When enough money build the sawmill, keep selling food and gems (whatever is the best deal at market), build 5 igloos - 4 with extra people upgrade...then 2000 wood to build bridge....the rest is easy! Hope this helps - I can try it again if you need more specifics!

RIHope08
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by RIHope08 on Mar 7, 13 8:27 AM
Thank you for your help. I did finally get it, do not have a clue as to how . This game is really cute!

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Mar 7, 13 11:24 AM
njewer, how did you get enough wood to build the market?

Mystic_cam
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Mystic_cam on Mar 7, 13 3:57 PM
You need to build an information centre then build two ginger bread houses on 2 activated places. This gives enough money to start.

njewer
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by njewer on Mar 7, 13 4:14 PM
sheilamilo - after you put out the fires and clear all the lots you have just enough wood to build two farms, a gingerbread house with one person upgrade and the market (I built the market first so I could start trading quickly). After you get 20 food you can build the gem place. I didn't try building an info center - that way might be easier but I have gold so not going to go back and do it again to find out!

Audreyrpeters
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyrpeters on Mar 10, 13 2:32 PM
I followed the same approach as mystic_cam, but built all gingerbread houses first. On the lower left I built a house, information center and another house. On the top left I built three more houses all influenced by the information center. Now I had lots of money coming in and then on the lower right I built a sawmill and a farm. On the top right I built the market, and a farm. I sold some food and then demolished the market and built a tavern. At the same time I upgraded the houses using the people upgrade and wood upgrades so all were level 3 and built as much wood as I could. Gave the gems and built the bridge and got gold easily. :-) The key to this one is getting lots of rent coming in before building the farm and sawmill and demolishing (IMHO) the useless market. I also had a total of about 8 workers.

Edited on 03/10/2013 at 2:35:43 PM PST

kimbalion3
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by kimbalion3 on Mar 12, 13 11:18 AM
After I put out the fires I only have 100 wood! How can you build a market since you need 500 wood? I can't figure out a way to get gold and this is the last level I need.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Mar 12, 13 1:53 PM
kimbalion3 wrote:After I put out the fires I only have 100 wood! How can you build a market since you need 500 wood? I can't figure out a way to get gold and this is the last level I need.

You need to put out the fires before the timer on the upper left runs out. (It's below the regular timer...a bar that fills with red.) Then you get 1,000 wood.

Edited on 03/12/2013 at 1:53:45 PM PST

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Mar 13, 13 12:18 PM
Thanks njewer!

gojojogo
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
465 Posts

[Post New]by gojojogo on Mar 15, 14 12:57 PM
Spent ages getting this one. In the end I think the tactic is to get at least one house of any type, get the tavern as well as 2 farms, then get the market and sell gems and food for a great price. Use this money to but more workers and build a sawmill and you then have as much wood as you need. No idea what combination of houses and upgrades you need to get the total of villagers needed...I ended up with three igloos and a ginger bread house upgraded a few times each with the extra villagers upgrade...

Go to: