I dont get how to use the magnet to help find objects

loveelvis
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

Re:Magnet

[Post New]by loveelvis on Mar 8, 13 12:18 PM
same here!
when i take it, it turns and turns wherever i turn my mouse but don't give a hint!

[Post New]by ALhere4 on Mar 9, 13 4:32 AM
SAME !!!! Help - it is useless!!

rockey69
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by rockey69 on Mar 9, 13 4:51 AM
I did notice that when you get by a hidden object that is on your list, the object starts to shake. This takes forever and if I am lucky I might find one thing and then the magnet is gone.

[Post New]by karen102960 on Mar 9, 13 2:49 PM
Okay so it's not just me...can't figure out how to use it either so now I just don't click on it to save time. It does not work as demonstrated early in the game.

[Post New]by mike_farren on Mar 11, 13 5:25 AM
After you click on the magnet, it spins around for a second, and then points to a hidden object. When the pointer is over the hidden object, the object shakes, at which point you can click on it to "find" it. You then go on to the next object, until the time runs out and the magnet disappears. Don't stop when you've got one - keep going until the magnet disappears - I've gotten as many as four objects from one magnet!

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Mar 12, 13 9:53 AM
For me, the magnet is pretty much useless. I was playing last night, and only once out of about 10 times using it did I find an object. The thermometer in Gardenscapes (I think it was), was much more useful. I have a hard time finding the light bulbs also. The camera was much easier to find. I'm still enjoying the game though.

TracyS123
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by TracyS123 on Mar 13, 13 5:33 PM
You're supposed to move the magnet in the direction it's pointing. When it gets to an object, the object starts shaking. Click on the shaking object to select it. Then the magnet will point in a new direction and you continue moving your cursor in whatever direction it's pointing until you reach the next object. You just have to get the hang of it and once you do, you'll find that the magnet is actually very helpful and you can get all or the objects available before the time runs out.

-Tracy

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Mar 17, 13 1:51 PM
In the first sales of the barn yard, the magnet worked but as I played on, it doesn't work and is totally useless - only the light bulb works.

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Mar 24, 13 5:32 AM
The magnet works for me. You run it round and see when it changes direction, then home in on the item. Sometimes I only get one or two items, but sometimes even if it disappears I can center on where it was telling me to look when it disappeared and find another item.

rockey69
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by rockey69 on Mar 29, 13 4:44 PM
I figured it out, just keep going in the direction it is pointing and then you will find a item. Sometimes I have found as many as 4 items. So it is pretty helpful

Gator51
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Gator51 on Sep 30, 13 5:29 PM
Every time i click on the magnet my game locks up and i have to do ctrl-alt-delete to get out of the game and then go back in. What causes my game to lock up when i click on the magnet? Is anyone else having this problem?

Edited on 09/30/2013 at 5:30:07 PM PST

Go to: