bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Chimeras: Tune of Revenge

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 8, 13 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Chimeras: Tune of Revenge? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Chimeras: Tune of Revenge page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Chimeras: Tune of Revenge

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 8, 13 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 8, 13 12:38 AM
Want to check out what other Fishies thought of the CE version of this game?

Just click here to read the reviews!

bfgBaikal

mai66
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by mai66 on Mar 8, 13 8:12 AM
Well there are no animals to collect like there was in the CE. So now its just an ordinary HOG. In the the HOGs there are items to find by doing something first. These are markt in another colour.
I will finish the demo hour, and then deside to buy or not.....

pinkmarigolds
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,246 Posts

[Post New]by pinkmarigolds on Mar 9, 13 12:00 AM
Following the initial frustration of the download (sooooo slow) I have finally played and completed the game.

The game play is smooth and the story is clever enough to hold your interest. As for all pachyderm games the graphics are clear and bright. The voice overs are - erm - interesting! As a Brit the main protagonist's cockneyesque accent is hilarious

Not as good as some games released by Elephant, but better than most SE offerings we have had recently. However the length of the game is good and locations plentiful. I do have one complaint and that is the easiness of the HOS and puzzles - no real challenge I'm afraid. 4 stars

flossytj
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by flossytj on Mar 10, 13 7:49 AM
pinkmarigolds. i agree with you, the only thing I didn't like about the game was that awful cockney accent!! (I'm a brit too) so to our American cousins, we all don't sound like that !!!!

Fifiluna614
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Fifiluna614 on Mar 13, 13 3:40 AM
I own almost all the games put out by Elephant Games and love every one of them, but I consider this to be one of their best. My only problem with some of their games is having to use tools and objects in a weird way that doesn't make sense, such as picking a lock with a needle in Raincliff. But this game doesn't have that problem. Once you finally find a tool or other object, you know exactly how to use it, which is so refreshing!

There are the usual beautiful graphics, and the story line is interesting. Puzzles were not too difficult, and a lot of fun. I absolutley recommend purchasing this game. Great job, Elephant Games!

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Mar 18, 13 12:46 AM
A Captivating Tale Told Beautifully

GAME COMPLETED TWICE IN A ROW

By the time we’d got through the intro to the first game page, I was already sold. It’s not just the nice dramatic atmosphere of a medieval fair and fireworks. Nor its main character, the organ grinder, with his creepy trappings and his oh so eerie Poe-like rhyme – though I absolutely adore this rarely seen technique of having a real song playing on the play page.

It’s not even the beautifully macabre graphics, which capture both the colour and the darkness of the game and help create an atmosphere both deliciously chilling and light-hearted.

It’s the very idea of dishing out fiendishly appropriate fates, based on the legends and myths that have troubled the human imagination since forever that tickled my fancy, and the game lived up to my expectations.

Having played the game back to back now, I can say I honestly can’t remember a game I have enjoyed more. It is not a difficult game, and the focus is on HOs and adventure lite, so it’s relaxing. The scenes are very well drawn and the HOs are interactive. The puzzles can’t have been too hard because I only skipped a couple.

There are 13 cursed cards to collect, but they are necessary to the game play, so they’re not really collectibles. Actually, considering the developer, there is surprisingly little bling. Maybe it was all in the CE.

There is a map, interactive and teleporting. Very helpful, but oddly no journal of any kind. Still, I rarely noticed its absence. The final confrontation was fun, but ran a little slow for a climactic finish.

Despite less spectacle than we are getting used to, this is my new favourite game – at least until the next one.

I recommend this game!

Edited on 03/18/2013 at 12:49:22 AM PST

banshee10
Clownfish
Clownfish
564 Posts

[Post New]by banshee10 on Apr 1, 13 3:47 AM
I really tried to like this game, especially since I love most of the Elephant releases. But Chimeras was a disappointment!

After demoing the CE, I wasn't too impressed and put this game on my "Maybe on sale" list. Congrats to myself I did so, and congrats I purchased this one during the 99cents sale a couple of weeks ago.

As usual, the graphics are wonderful, gameplay is smooth, some typical goofy charme included, and the story itself should have been interesting enough to grab me. Should have been.
But after having finished, I got the feeling that I've never been running around like this before - mostly looking for stuff I already owned, used once and then obviously threw away without thinking twice (eg screwdriver, knife, crowbar). Of course this has happened before in other games, but never as excessively.
Furthermore, the whole gameplay seemed to consist of opening doors, trunks, boxes, crates and whatever, only to find one of too many HOS. I've seen this done a lot better as well. And I haven't felt so bored with uninspired mini games for a while.
Minor peeve but adding to my dismay: the horrible accent of the characters and the incredibly bad written poems.

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Apr 13, 13 12:31 PM
A very good game that held my interest all the way through, glad I bought it.

Shame about the truly dreadful cockney accent - there was way too much of it. And the awful poems on the cards - thank goodness there weren't that many to collect.

Superb graphics as usual from this dev. Top class.

[Post New]by budgiegirl53 on Apr 27, 13 5:26 PM
I absolutely hated this game. I had to use the walk-through just to get to the end. Call me a beginner, although I own many hidden object games, this is a very difficult game to get through without cheats.

saadia60
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by saadia60 on Jun 5, 13 7:34 PM
Great graphics and story, but it is way too easy. I like challenges and this game has none.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jul 12, 13 5:10 AM
Re: Reviews for Chimeras: Tune of Revenge Collector's Edition
by gamergirl675 on Jun 13, 13 1:48 AM

This one I regret buying... it just seems so stale and done already. [...] the game play itself is just very cookie cutter. [...] I think this game maker has just gotten comfortable... they just write a story, hire a voice actor, and then plug in their same old tired game mechanics from all their other games.

[...] the mechanics are trite and over done.

[...] it just doesn't live up to it's potential. I wish the actual game play portion was more engaging and logical to the storyline. It's almost like they just... insert cut scene... oh we need a hidden object scene so toss that in... now we need to keep the player busy so add in a bunch of half parts of things to find and collect to use somewhere else... oh they need to remove some nails but we won't let them use the hammer we'll make them find a crowbar [...] and it goes on like that... just... boring. I wish they would put more effort into the actual game play.

Although I bought the SE version of this game, I'm quoting from the review by gamergirl675 in the CE forum, because she expressed exactly how I'm feeling about it. I have not finished playing it yet, and I just realized how completely bored I am with it. I'm unsure if I will even bother to finish it.

Another issue I'm having with it is that by the time I've collected something I needed, I can't remember where I needed it, so the hint button has become my best friend.

It's disappointing when this game by one of my favorite developers started out with so much promise only to have it dissolve into the feeling of, "Oh, here we go again."

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jul 22, 13 6:51 AM
an enjoyable game apart from the rediculous "cockney" accent

[Post New]by LadyEM48 on Sep 22, 13 8:32 PM
]Great Game, EXCEPT! I cannot finish the darn thing. Even my daughters have tried and none of us can give the deck of cards to the organ grinder. Even BF lists do not show the game exists. Anybody get this one?[/b] [i]

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Nov 5, 13 6:44 PM
I loved this game. I thought the graphics were beautiful, the story was interesting, and it was very well done. It was a good length for me. The only thing I didn't like was it ended rather suddenly, but a lot of games do that. I always play with the sound off so I didn't get to experience the bad British accent everyone else is describing! I give this game an 8 out of 10.

Mamayaya
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by Mamayaya on Aug 2, 14 12:55 PM
I don't know whether it's my new computer (Windows 8) but the pointer bounced around the entire game and everything dragged along at a snail's pace. I got very frustrated and almost asked for my money back. But, the story and the graphics held my interest long enough to complete the game. Those were worth the game. I rather enjoyed the fake British accents. It was different and entertaining. But I'm sorry to say I would not recommend this game to other folks because of the slow, slow pace. I'd have to say 4 out of 10.

Go to: