bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Otherworld: Omens of Summer technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 9, 13 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

suniris
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

Re:Post any Otherworld: Omens of Summer technical issues here only

[Post New]by suniris on Mar 9, 13 6:19 AM
using my PC vista system, played demo. Did open to wide screen but screen is shifted to the right...there is black stripe to left and cannot see all of right side.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 9, 13 7:47 AM
Hi suniris,

Something odd is definitely going on here!

You could try updating some of the components that help run your game in case the computer is having some trouble displaying the game as it should. The advice in the following help article will help you to do that and despite the name of the article, the tips within are all basically geared toward enhancing your game's performance and display:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If this doesn't help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Mar 10, 13 5:48 PM
I cannot figure out what screen resolution to use on this. It's either too high & right or too low....

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 11, 13 5:14 AM
Heya chillygirl,

I'm sorry to hear that your game just doesn't want to appear in the right place on your screen!

Display issues like this can sometimes be caused by the software of your computer being in need of a small update to process the game properly. You can find some easy steps on how to do that by clicking here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 17, 13 3:14 PM
Safarri wrote:Read there is tech issues with the oil can. It won't pour into the funnel so I can light the lantern and enter the cave. The only remedy listed is to start over. Please let me know if there is an update to this game so it's not required to start over and risk the same thing happening again. I'm really disappointed, I was really enjoying this game.

There is, so far, no know issue with the oil can - the issue is actually with the rust remover. Did you open the oil can with the blade?

[Post New]by expertreader on Mar 18, 13 3:43 PM
I'm stuck. Hint keeps saying to put lantern on stool and repair. I don't have lantern! I picked up cup and lantern was there, but wouldn't let me pick it up and won't let me back there to try again. Help!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 18, 13 9:04 PM
expertreader wrote:I'm stuck. Hint keeps saying to put lantern on stool and repair. I don't have lantern! I picked up cup and lantern was there, but wouldn't let me pick it up and won't let me back there to try again. Help!

From the walkthrough:
SPOILER ALERT! If you enter the central portal first at the end of the second chapter, steps will vary slightly from the ones in this guide. You will find the BLADE embedded in the wall inside the lighthouse, the BANDAGES beside the trunk with chimes, the FUNNEL on the fresnel lens, and the MATCHES inside the gramophone. The LANTERN is assembled and refilled on the quay.
SPOILER ALERT! If you enter the right portal first at the end of the second chapter, steps will slightly vary from the ones in this guide. You will find the BLADE stuck in the car’s flat tire, and the MATCHES beside the tire. After completing the HOS in the trunk of the car, you will find an oil can and a funnel in the trunk; you should refill the lantern there.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 20, 13 10:52 AM
Hi Fishies,

Thanks WilJul for replying with that excellent advice for expertreader!

I thought I'd swim in and add a link to the walkthrough as well.

Otherworld: Omens of Summer Walkthrough

Happy gaming!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by soienoir on Mar 23, 13 10:34 AM
i have a macbook that still runs on os x 10.5.8

once i get to chapter seven (banshee's sorrow), I cannot solve the mini-game in the basement, in which you have to rotate the bottoms in order to form the word 'diana'. I can press the bottoms and the sound works just fine, but the characters on the board won't change. hence, i cannot go on with the game.

what should i do?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 23, 13 7:25 PM
soienoir wrote:i have a macbook that still runs on os x 10.5.8

once i get to chapter seven (banshee's sorrow), I cannot solve the mini-game in the basement, in which you have to rotate the bottoms in order to form the word 'diana'. I can press the bottoms and the sound works just fine, but the characters on the board won't change. hence, i cannot go on with the game.

what should i do?

Did you replace the missing piece? Isn't this the puzzle where you have to rotate flowers? I'm not sure about "bottoms".

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 26, 13 2:17 PM
Hi soienoir and welcome to the Pond!

As WilJul says, before you'll be able to start solving that puzzle, there are a couple of pieces that need to be added. You'll get those from the other puzzle with all the little drawers near the window.

If you've added those pieces and the puzzle still isn't triggered, it may be that there is something else that still can be done in another part of the game. You can scroll through our walkthrough by clicking right here to see if it shows any other tasks leading up to that point.

But if those suggestions don't help you move on with the puzzle, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can see what else might be going on. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by 3boysNana on Mar 29, 13 5:23 PM
I'm at the car in the "banshee" mirror and have cleared the trunk and gotten the tire. I can't install the tire because I don't have the tire iron or jack. The walk-thru shows I should have both in my tools, but it doesn't show where I get them. I'm now on the 4th restart and would just like to finish the game.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 30, 13 12:31 AM
3boysNana wrote:I'm at the car in the "banshee" mirror and have cleared the trunk and gotten the tire. I can't install the tire because I don't have the tire iron or jack. The walk-thru shows I should have both in my tools, but it doesn't show where I get them. I'm now on the 4th restart and would just like to finish the game.

If you scroll up a bit from that section in the walkthrough it tells you what to do. Here's what it says (the thorny bush is right next to the car):

SPOILER ALERT
Zoom into the bush; use the GLOVE on the thorny bush (T) to acquire the LUG WRENCH.
Take the right path.
Put down the 4 STEPPING STONES (U).
Zoom into the tree base; take the JACK (V) and put down the ROUND BUTTON (W).
ETA: Spoiler alert

Edited on 03/30/2013 at 12:37:43 AM PST

[Post New]by 3boysNana on Mar 30, 13 12:23 PM
Thank you WilJul, I'll try that.

esenger
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by esenger on Apr 30, 13 7:29 PM
This game won't save my progress. I've played several other games on the same computer, and I have no problem with the others. I've checked the security, and that's fine. Anything else I can try? Each time it prompts me to create a profile.

[Post New]by cbettigatx on May 2, 13 7:29 AM
After I put the rust remover on the door of the trailer, it disappeared from the items that I collect and use to help in the game. It is not available to use on the tool box. I purchased the collectors addition of this game. I am running in on Windows 7 and have had no other problems. Is there a fix for this problem? Love both of the Otherworld games and would love to finish the second chapter without restarting the game. Thank you!

Can't Change Screen Resolution

[Post New]by rebfowler on May 14, 13 5:57 PM
Hi!

I'm playing on a MacBook Pro that is up-to-date. When I first started playing the game, everything was aligned fine. I went back in to play tonight and the alignment is all wonky. I have to click below the button that I want to get it to work, which makes it impossible to quit the game; I have to power my computer down to quit the game.

The same thing happened with the Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Game, but I was successfully able to click on the "full screen" box to turn full screen resolution off. This fixed the problem.

Unfortunately, when I try to click the box, even if I try clicking below it, the settings screen goes away and I'm unsuccessful in checking the box to deselect full screen.

Is there another way to change the settings so I can play?

Thanks!

[Post New]by TopazMystique on May 16, 13 2:28 AM
I haven't seen anyone else complain about this so thought I would add it. I am assuming this is a bug in the windowed version since it does not happen when played in fullscreen. When I open and close pop-ups in windowed mode, the window goes black for a few seconds and then the pop-up shows. It is very frustrating to play this way and I hate the fullscreen because the graphics are just not as sharp. I will contact support and see if they have any solution but I'm betting they won't.

ETA: After trying in fullscreen and going back to windowed, the pop-ups worked fine for a little while but then when back to blacking out again. Definitely think this is a game issue and not with my PC but will see.

Edited on 05/16/2013 at 2:56:27 AM PST

[Post New]by banshee13 on May 25, 13 5:49 AM
Dear support team,

I have a Mac OS X 10.5.8

I have played the game thrice now: I always encounter the same problem in chapter 7: Banshee's grief, which I think is of technical nature.

I am in the basement right after having finished the mini-game with the keys at the reception desk. I have added the cabinet piece and I am trying to rotate the flowers in order to form the name 'Diana'. Problem is the letters won't change. Nothing happens, as I click the flowers. Hence, I cannot enter the name and finish the game.

There are no unresolved tasks I would have to complete in advance. I have checked the strategy guide, I've done everything right. Also, hint keeps telling me to "enter the important name from your journal to open the cabinet".

Can you please tell me how to solve this?

Go to: