bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Otherworld: Omens of Summer

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 9, 13 12:38 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Otherworld: Omens of Summer ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Otherworld: Omens of Summer page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Otherworld: Omens of Summer

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 9, 13 12:39 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 9, 13 12:40 AM
What did your fellow Fishies think of the CE version of this game?

Click here to find out!

bfgBaikal

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Mar 10, 13 7:04 AM
well this game did not make our list.--------doug & lisa---------------

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Mar 10, 13 5:45 PM
Absolutely did NOT like this game.

Voice over acting of the main villian was so bad it was funny.
Gameplay is confusing at times beacuse some acitve areas are so small. Some scenes you think you're done with, but you're not.

Might appeal more to adventure game fans? Seems also to be targeted mainly for females (not that there's anything wrong with that).

As always, try.
If you like, buy.

gwladys99
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by gwladys99 on Mar 10, 13 6:41 PM
this game is nowhere as nice as the former one. At times it is so confusing that it takes all the enjoyment out of the game.

Some of the voice overs are terrible and overdone. Wish I had not bought this. :-(
was a waste of time and money.

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Mar 10, 13 11:07 PM
I don't know for whom this game is intended. Has warning that it's inappropriate for those under age 14. Played hour demo, which featured markedly disparate art (lavish greenhouse interior vs. cartoony HOS elsewhere). Hodgepodge of characters: the lethal Shade & his sidekick; a mangled scarecrow; a child guide; irritated pixies (in the world of 'fay')--really a mess. Odd cut scenes; half-screen blocks to show commentary; sudden minigames that pop up for puzzles--weird. Very uneven; way 'too many cooks' involved in this.

ValerieG
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by ValerieG on Mar 11, 13 4:34 PM
Ya, not in love with it. I bought it with the sale yesterday, so i guess I could say i only wasted 99 cents. I don't think I'll delete it just yet, will save it for when i have ABSOLUTELY nothing else to do :

renaki
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by renaki on Mar 13, 13 8:37 AM
Based on the 1 hour demo:

Maybe I am the only one here who liked the game.

Time seems good enough. 4+ hours for my pace.

The story is following common streets but still seems interesting.

The gameplay is smooth

The game is more a puzzle-adventure than a HOSgame.

It seems it has a lot of places to visit

The graphics are wonderfull -I looked around a lot

The help system (map-hint) is very good

It is neither difficult not easy, a good challenge

I do not know the reason they point out this game is not suitable for young people.

I was dissappointed when the trial ended.

I think I will buy it.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Mar 14, 13 4:24 PM
I enjoyed this colorful fantasy game, but waaaaayyyy too many mini games. Some were easy and enjoyable, but others didn't make sense at all and the instructions were not clear. The ending was one right after another without good instructions so I just skipped all of those. The skip refreshed fairly quickly so one could get beyond these.

Very few HOS, but they were unique and fun. Interesting story which ends with a "to be continued" type of ending...arrrrgh. Hint helped but you still had to use your head and the map was a transporter map so that was great.

I guess we wait for the next installment. This game seemed long so you get your money's worth. Graphics were very nice, but got dark sometimes which made it hard in some scenes.

I give this a 3.5 out of 5 mostly because of the enormous amount of mini games. .

[Post New]by chalkiemonster on Mar 23, 13 3:45 PM
I loved this game, I loved the mini games, just wish that the mini games could be revisited upon completion of the game. The hint system refilled quickly (which I like), the game wasn't too dificult.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Apr 1, 13 5:41 PM
Excellent game. I was hoping it was going to be more spooky after the 'adult' warning but it's pretty tame really. Nice puzzles, nice graphics and a little more grown up than usual offerings. The demo has ended so I came in here while I wait for the full game to download. So far, loving it.

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Apr 6, 13 6:45 PM
I loved this game! It was whimsical, magical, wonderous and the mini-games weren't so hard that you couldn't do them.
I loved this even better than the first game and it looks like Otherworld is not over yet. Look forward to the next one! I grade this an A+++.

[Post New]by RedBleu on Apr 24, 13 11:18 AM
OMG I hated this game! I bought it because I really loved the first one and couldn't wait for the next installment to come out. As much as I hate waiting, it would have been better if the devs had taken more time with this one. The minigames were so easy that even on the ones where the instructions were unclear I breezed right through. I finished the game due to stubbornness and the unwillingness to admit that I had been duped.
Here is what went wrong:

1. It's too easy. There were no challenges AT ALL! I guess that the devs thought that quantity would reign over quality. The least they could have done was leave the fairy hunt in the SE, so at least the game would have some sort of challenge.

2. No direction. I felt like I was wandering around collecting stuff for no reason. There was no immediate threat, so I felt no tension or excitement. Honestly, by the time I reached the end I couldn't care less what happened to Fiona.

3. No substance. Was the crow really necessary? If the Shade already had the teacher and obviously knew we would be looking for her, why even bother? That crow was the most asinine villain I ever saw. There was no point to either of the sidekicks. In fact, the entire game felt like filler.

Here is what was good:

1. As always, the graphics are beautiful. I love the scenery and the beautiful detail shown to the characters. Their talking not so much.

2. Good length. Could have been longer, but since I was already near death with boredom, I was happy that it ended.

As much as I wanted to love it, I really didn't. Hopefully the devs read this and seriously think about what they are doing for the third installment before its release. Although I thoroughly hated this game, I still really loved the first one and the overall idea, so I will give this series another shot.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jul 3, 13 3:43 AM
More Mature Sequel

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

Another WONDERFUL Otherworld game, Omens Of Summer brings us all the things we loved about the first game in more “grown up” TALE, with not-quite-so-cute but unbelievably GORGEOUS CHARACTERS & LOCATIONS and MORE DIFFICULT & ORIGINAL PUZZLES.

There is still a very wide range of HO SCENES, including MORE LISTS, MULTIPLES, FRAGMENTED OBJECTS, and PAIRS, as well as a few FIND THIS PIECE OF THE PIC. All the objects are clearly visible, although some are very well hidden.

The PUZZLES & MINI-GAMES include even more ORIGINAL ones than the last game, and some very IMAGINATIVE TWISTS on older ones. So much so that the majority of the games are MUCH HARDER.

Having saved Fiona in Spring Of Shadows, we now must continue to protect her from the EVIL SHADE, a really well conceived CHARACTER. This time, we have the help of Fiona’s old school teacher, but the SHADE has now got RAVENS and MINIONS. Ms Thomas has been researching MAGICAL ARTIFACTS that will help us, and has created 3 PORTALS to where they can be LOCATED, and these are our destinations.

This game is chocker block full of amazing and beautiful characters on both sides. One CHARACTER on our side that I really loved was the SCARECROW, a staunch GUARDIAN and FRIEND.

This is quite a difficult game (at least for me) and it reduced my fun factor a little because I had to skip so many puzzles. Even still, the game took me five and a half hours to complete.

I think the CE, with its SG, ACHIEVEMENTS & COLLECTIBLES would actually be the better game, but this is wonderful.

I recommend this game!

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Aug 1, 13 9:24 PM
bessiegirl wrote:I enjoyed this colorful fantasy game, but waaaaayyyy too many mini games. Some were easy and enjoyable, but others didn't make sense at all and the instructions were not clear. The ending was one right after another without good instructions so I just skipped all of those. The skip refreshed fairly quickly so one could get beyond these.

Very few HOS, but they were unique and fun. Interesting story which ends with a "to be continued" type of ending...arrrrgh. Hint helped but you still had to use your head and the map was a transporter map so that was great.

I guess we wait for the next installment. This game seemed long so you get your money's worth. Graphics were very nice, but got dark sometimes which made it hard in some scenes.

I give this a 3.5 out of 5 mostly because of the enormous amount of mini games. .

[Post New]by Lyrianonly on Aug 11, 13 1:58 PM
I too enjoyed the first Otherworld Spring of Shadows much better than this one. I hated the voices of almost all the characters. Some of the puzzles made no sense at all, and I missed the achievements I could get in the SE Spring of Shadows game. I am looking forward to the Autumn/Fall game. I would hope it more resembles the first rather than this game.
That said, I found each game to be very nice to look at. Same with the Awakening Series. Absolutely Beautiful. Not too dark, either. Looking forward to more of the same from Boom Zap. Spring of Shadows is my favorite so far.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Aug 28, 13 3:52 AM
blueskies01 wrote:I don't know for whom this game is intended. Has warning that it's inappropriate for those under age 14. Played hour demo, which featured markedly disparate art (lavish greenhouse interior vs. cartoony HOS elsewhere). Hodgepodge of characters: the lethal Shade & his sidekick; a mangled scarecrow; a child guide; irritated pixies (in the world of 'fay')--really a mess. Odd cut scenes; half-screen blocks to show commentary; sudden minigames that pop up for puzzles--weird. Very uneven; way 'too many cooks' involved in this.

I hated the voices of all the characters. Some of the puzzles made no sense at all, and the instructions were not always clear, especially the poster repair and building the volcano. I'm not sure what was even to be gained from that one.

The hints were terrible. The storyline was ridiculous. I hated the little girl so maturely giving me instructions. The scarecrow was creepier than the crow. The only good thing about this game was the jump map that showed where there were still things to do.

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on Apr 5, 14 1:14 PM
Both a waste of time and money! I wanted to like it but it was just a stupid game.

Go to: