[Post New]by cleoladycat on Mar 9, 13 2:30 AM
Any comments fishes?

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

Re:Todays DD March 9 2013

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Mar 9, 13 12:25 PM
This is a good deal at $2.99, with plenty of puzzles, HOS and interactions.

There are 2 modes of play: Casual and expert. There are sparkles indicating HOS in expert mode.

There are no voiceovers.

There is a journal with story and clues.

There is no map. An interactive map would have been very useful, especially in the last chapter as there was so much running back and forth. Often, you had to travel 11 scenes just to pick up one item; then , click back another 11 scenes to use it, then back another 11 scenes for one more item...etc. It was extremely tedious and frustrating. The hint does provide direction if you get lost.

HOS: There are approximately: 17 "find items on a list" HOS.
5 "find x number of y", e.g. 20 butterflies.

Hints:
Recharge in approx. 1 min in casual mode and 2 mins in expert mode. Hints work outside of HOS.

Puzzles: There are approximately 32 puzzles. Puzzles were quite simple and straight forward, but some were time consuming. Puzzles can be skipped in approximately 1 min in casual mode and 2 mins in expert.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this game...until the final chapter. The first four chapters flowed beautifully with wonderful balance between interactive tasks, HOS and puzzles to ward off monotony. The final chapter, with mostly trekking back and forth for one item at a time just left me feeling annoyed. I thought that the ending was abrupt, with an option for a sequel in there.

Nontheless, I still recommend this game at $2.99. I will probably play it again in the future, but I will not try to get through the final chapter in one sitting.

ETA: The videos/cut scenes are important to watch, as they give clues to the location of items needed.
This is a very long game. It took me almost 6 hours to finish in casual mode.

Edited on 03/09/2013 at 12:28:43 PM PST

Re:Todays DD March 9 2013

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Mar 9, 13 3:45 PM
I had forgot about this game and was going to get it in Feb of last year but didn't. Glad I waited and got it today at the DD price. Great graphics, the only part I don't like is music is off and on.. it's a quiet game. Hints reload fast and puzzles are hard to figure out sometimes but with a little thought into it.. you figure it out. Great game and glad I got it..

Go to: