LucyMarie
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

Improving Odds

[Post New]by LucyMarie on Mar 9, 13 10:00 AM
I was wondering if there was anything I can do to improve the odds of certain items (heavenly key comes to mind...) being dropped? If I click with 100% accuracy does that help? If I play in night mode does that help? Or is it just totally random and nothing I can do to help it along?

Blessings,
LucyMarie

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

Re:Improving Odds

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 9, 13 11:15 AM
Hey there LucyMarie,

Great question! As I've been playing, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to improving the odds with certain items being dropped. It seems to be totally random for me!

Perhaps some other Fishies, though, have some tips!

Best of luck!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by dracodew17 on Mar 9, 13 2:42 PM
I don't know if this is a working strategy, but sometimes if I stay away from a particular location for a few days and then play it after waiting, I'll sometimes get the item I was playing it over and over to drop.

It worked for me on the wrecked airplane to get the sweet cherry drink to finish the God's Beverage (3x) quest and I did it again at the vampire castle with the scalpel for the Medical Collection quest. I played the vampire castle over a week waiting for the stupid scalpel to drop and it never did. Went 3 days without touching that location once, and the very next time I play it, it drops first try.

Like I said, don't know if this will actually work, but I suppose it can't hurt to try it and see.

P.S. For me, it's the fire key that won't drop for the keys collection. I have multiples of everything else.

Edited on 03/09/2013 at 2:43:43 PM PST

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on Mar 15, 13 5:44 AM
Draco, you may have something there! I hadn't played the Assassin's castle for about three weeks; finally decided to play it (because all the other locations were in night mode, which I despise) and boom! It dropped an owl mask. It was only the second one I'd gotten and I'm on level 61!

[Post New]by redjello2000 on Mar 15, 13 8:39 AM
euphoria wrote:Draco, you may have something there! I hadn't played the Assassin's castle for about three weeks; finally decided to play it (because all the other locations were in night mode, which I despise) and boom! It dropped an owl mask. It was only the second one I'd gotten and I'm on level 61!

I think that you're right about that also. I hadn't explored the Assassin's castle in forever. When I did yesterday, I also had an owl mask to drop. hmmm....

sycorax16
Clownfish
Clownfish
595 Posts

[Post New]by sycorax16 on Mar 23, 13 5:59 PM
Hello. I am stuck on some quests and getting no where fast.
I need a soda with ice and a rattlesnake to complete a collection. They are found in more than one location, the soda in the plane and UFO and the snake in the ruins, dragon's lair and camp. Does anyone know the the best location to search to get them to drop?
I have tried ignoring these areas for days in the hope that when I return they will drop. But no luck yet.
I do have other quests, the wolf totem in the snow forest - I've had no luck after weeks of trying, but I live in hope that one day it will appear. The assassin needs to drop an Uzi and I have a quest to collect the Big Family once and another to collect it 6 times. So I'm not holding my breath that any of these will be cleared any time soon.

Any advise will be much appreciated.

zbox12
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by zbox12 on Mar 23, 13 7:36 PM
sycorax16,

I've been getting rattlesnakes from the Dragon's Lair lately. My problem is most of the items I need are in the Castle and it WILL NOT drop any of the five items I need.

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on Mar 24, 13 6:23 AM
I'm at a point where all my quests are to complete collections. I've had the same quests for at least two months, though I play daily. I'm currently on level 61 and thus far have completed four out of six Wolf collections. I predict it will be another two months before I get a quest done, so I just play to play now; don't expect anything to happen and I'm never disappointed.

zbox12
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by zbox12 on Mar 24, 13 9:24 AM
euphoria,

Just finished the Wolf Collections yesterday. I checked and I banished 175 wolves. Any time I had extra money I used it to banish the wolf. I'm at level 54.

Good Luck

sycorax16
Clownfish
Clownfish
595 Posts

[Post New]by sycorax16 on Mar 24, 13 3:44 PM
Thank you so much for replying zbox I concentrated on the dragon's lair and finally today I got a rattlesnake. This has cleared my log jam and the quests have come fast and furious since

[Post New]by gothicrose74 on Mar 27, 13 6:34 AM
I was just away on vacation for a week, so I couldn't play the game at all. Not sure if that's the same as "staying away from a location for a while," though But anyway, I still have several items that won't drop at all, and it's been almost 2 months. I'm at level 48, have banished over 300 wolves, and still have not been able to charge the Wolfer collection even once because he won't drop any wereleopards. I have to charge the Collar, Keys, and Super Machine collections numerous times, but I can't get the leather and strict collars, the heavenly and ghost keys, or the microchip and scheme. And the Deadly Beauty collection that you have to charge 2x for the achievement - I charged it once, over a month ago, but since then I've only managed to replace the geisha and assassin. I know now I should have waited until had 2 of each, but...hindsight is 20/20.

I really like this game, but I'm growing ever frustrated. I thought for sure that my week away would make it kick in, but I guess not.

Go to: