bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

9: The Dark Side Of Notre Dame

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 10, 13 12:29 AM
The Festival of Fools is in full swing in Paris when the gargoyles of Notre Dame Cathedral abduct a festivalgoer in plain sight. What was assumed to be a festival stunt turns out to be something much more foul. You are hired by the Paris Police to work the arcane angle of the case in this fantastical reimagining of Victor Hugo’s classic tale.

smokey735
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:9: The Dark Side Of Notre Dame

[Post New]by smokey735 on Mar 10, 13 3:09 AM
You say you get a new game every day, but you do not. To day is the thirdh day in a row you gives SE that was CE. Where is a new game?

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Mar 10, 13 3:21 AM
Smokey, I agree with you!

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 10, 13 3:25 AM
Heya Fishies,

smokey735, welcome to the Pond!

As every standard version of a game is being released separately and doesn't offer all the content that a Collector's Edition would, these are being treated as different games.

That means that every standard version game that is being released will be seen and treated as an independent game, even if it was previously released as a Collector's Edition.

I hope this makes things a bit clearer. Don't hesitate to contact a Moderator if you have further questions regarding this!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 03/10/2013 at 3:27:17 AM PST

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Mar 10, 13 4:16 AM
I agree with you to smokey.It also seems BF is going backwards now.We're back to one CE a week.Once you get used to two a week.And i 've never seen 3 back to back SE 's of CE's.Please make monday a good day.

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Mar 10, 13 4:46 AM
Agree! What happened to the two CE's a week? This is really disappointing.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 10, 13 5:02 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm sorry that we couldn't offer you a Collector's Edition this Sunday again. Please be sure that we always try to make sure that you can enjoy your Sunday Collector's Edition but might not always be able to - like today.

Before releasing a Collector's edition we always try to make sure that everything is working properly so you can enjoy the game to it's fullest. If we find problems with a scheduled Collector's edition, this might be the cause for a delay and we'll try our best to make sure that it is being taken care of.

I really hope this makes things a bit clearer. Don't hesitate to contact a Moderator if you have any further questions.

bfgBiwa

Edited on 03/10/2013 at 5:03:27 AM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Mar 10, 13 7:32 AM
This is a great game. I thoroughly enjoyed the CE.

I was wondering the same thing about Lost tales: forgotten souls. It looked like a good game, I was hoping that it would be todays CE.( sigh). Oh well on to next week. At least I am saving money today.

marymaltese
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by marymaltese on Mar 10, 13 7:57 AM
True about saving money. Besides the weather is is getting warmer which allows me to be outside without the urge to play good games that aren't there.

60schild
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by 60schild on Mar 10, 13 1:26 PM

by bfgBiwa on Mar 10, 13 3:25 AM

Heya Fishies,

smokey735, welcome to the Pond!

As every standard version of a game is being released separately and doesn't offer all the content that a Collector's Edition would, these are being treated as different games.

That means that every standard version game that is being released will be seen and treated as an independent game, even if it was previously released as a Collector's Edition.

I hope this makes things a bit clearer. Don't hesitate to contact a Moderator if you have further questions regarding this!

bfgBiwa
*********************************************************************************

With all due respect, I vehemently disagree with your assessment of CE’s vs SE’s. Extras on CE's such as wallpapers, screensavers, videos, etc., add nothing to the main gist/story of the game – the story/puzzles/HO’s are basically the same (minus the bonus chapters). For you to advertise the SE of a CE as a “new game every day” (as your website states) is just flat out a false claim, IMO. I realize a lot of people have to wait to "purchase" SE’s of CE’s due to their budgets, but as far as "playing the free hour trial" of both versions, there’s no basic difference. IMHO, SE’s of CE’s should only be listed as a “soft release.” Frankly, I think you should take your claim of a “new game every day” off your website, just for that reason alone. BF is still the best gaming website around - I just don't think your "new game every day" claim is justified, where CE's vs SE's are concerned. Just "my" 2 cents worth........

[Post New]by Barbyjayne on Mar 10, 13 1:38 PM
60schild,I could not agree more, very well said. I am not new to Big Fish, have been playing for some time, I always look at the forums to figure out if a game is worth it, but saying a previous CE game, now a SE is a new game, make no sense IMHO.Always look forward on a Sunday for a CE, seems Big Fish is letting us down, alot lately

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Mar 10, 13 2:48 PM
Is the game as dark and dreary as the thumbnail preview?

Edited on 03/10/2013 at 2:53:29 PM PST

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Mar 10, 13 4:26 PM
I didn't buy the CE so this is a new game for me as well and I'm loving it. Best game I've played in a while, excellent map, good (and fun) story... seriously, Esme Relda? LOL I thought that was rather clever.

I remember when people were screaming bloody murder when they started selling two CEs a week and now people are complaining when there AREN'T two CEs a week. Funny how that works.

60schild
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by 60schild on Mar 10, 13 8:40 PM

by twinsoniclab on Mar 10, 13 3:46 PM

Some of us may have gotten used to two CEs a week, but nowhere does BFG promise two CEs a week!
If there are no games worthy of a release as a CE, we should be grateful that BFG won't release them as CEs.
I am more than willing to wait week after week for a good Collector's Edition!

As far as SEs being "new" games, well, to me they are. Take today's game (or TGT) for an example. I didn't want the CE. I have no use for the extras, and I heard the bonus game was very, very short. I don't care about achievements or collectibles. The free demo will not be the same, as the CEs usually have the little extras within the game I am usually willing to forgo. So, the pared down, if you will, version of the game is available as a SE. The same story in a different package, with different accessories. That makes them different games to me. Like a paperback version of a hardcover novel. They have different ISBNs, so they are different books!
I respectfully disagree. It's still "basically" the same story (as a paperbook is still "basically" the same story as the hardback). As far as the "achievements, collectibles, little extras, etc.," those are exactly what I was speaking of that don't have a thing to do with the "gist" of the story, most of the puzzles/HO's....and the title's the same. But, hey, we're all entitled to our opinions! You have the right to see SE's as "new games" - I just happen not to and think BF is being somewhat disingenuous advertising them as such. As I stated before, why not place the SE's as a soft release? Anyone can still trial and/or purchase those from the "left side of the page" just as well as from the "right side of the page."

When BF fans get used to two collectibles a week, it probably is a little disappointing sometimes when they don't show up, but I agree with you that BF has never promised those.

csmith116
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

cash register handle

[Post New]by csmith116 on Mar 27, 13 5:14 PM
I cannot locate the drain to get the handle. Hint tells me to do this as a next step. Help!

Bessie Mae

Go to: