bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any 9: The Dark Side Of Notre Dame technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 10, 13 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Calicohorse
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

Re:Post any 9: The Dark Side Of Notre Dame technical issues here only

[Post New]by Calicohorse on Mar 10, 13 9:28 AM
Hi All,
I've downloaded this twice and both times, it freezes after hitting 'play'. A rare problem for me, but it's unfortunate as I was planning on using my credit for it. I will try it again, perhaps third time will be the charm.

emacarla3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Dungeon

[Post New]by emacarla3 on Mar 10, 13 4:08 PM
I am in Chapter 5, the dungeon. I have finished the HOS and was not given the coded Hexagon, and so I can't continue on. The HOS scene still sparkles as if there is something left to do, although I have found all objects.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 10, 13 6:17 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry you're running into trouble with today's game.

Calicohorse ~ If you haven't already done so, please check out the suggestions in the help article below. We find they help a lot of customers that run into an issue with the game freezing:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

emacarla3 ~ The first thing I'd suggest is uninstalling and reinstalling the game. That will often straighten out problems with the Inventory. Our help article here goes over how to do that.

If you try those ideas and things are still not working right for you, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can work with you directly on some more specific troubleshooting steps. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

emacarla3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by emacarla3 on Mar 10, 13 7:05 PM
Will I have to replay though? That's more than halfway through the game!

emacarla3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by emacarla3 on Mar 10, 13 8:35 PM
I've done it once so far, was able to get back to my gameplay, but still no Hexagon code key. Grrr.... Trying once more, then what?!

emacarla3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by emacarla3 on Mar 10, 13 9:14 PM
I've reinstalled twice now. Made no difference. $14 is a lot for a game that doesn't run properly. Can I get my money back?

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on Mar 10, 13 10:20 PM
I've got a sound/voice problem... every time I hit alt+tab to see the WT the sound/voice disappeares, and I have to exit the game and enter again...
is something wrong with the game?
is there another way to see the WT whill playing?
any idea any one?
thanks in advance...

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 11, 13 4:58 AM
Heya Fishies,

emacarla3 - I'm really sorry to hear that uninstalling and reinstalling the game didn't help with your problem. at this point I would recommend that you get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be happy to have a closer look at everything for you!

Giliraz - That definitely isn't nice and shouldn't happen! It could help here to uninstall and reinstall your game to make sure that all the sound files are back in the right place.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this problem as well so you can enjoy your game without having to restart it all the time! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by paintingchef on Mar 13, 13 1:32 PM
I'm having the same problem as someone above with a HOS still sparkling but mine is in the boathouse. It's really strange, I've never run across a bug like this before.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Mar 13, 13 1:40 PM
Hi paintingchef,

Thanks for letting us know about that. There are a few things that could be causing that. In some games, hidden object scenes can be revisited, so the sparkles point that out. Other times, it may be a game issue that uninstalling and reinstalling the game can clear up. You can check out information on doing that here on our help article if you want to check it out:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you'd like, you can also get in touch with our Tech Support Team and they'll be happy to look into that for you.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Mar 15, 13 8:30 PM
I'm having the same problem with the HOS in the dungeon. I earned the hexagon which then disappeared. Sparkles are still continuing as if I still had something to find, but I don't. This is very disappointing to read that others are having the same issue and it doesn't seem to be fixable. Up until now, it has been a very enjoyable game. I bought the game with a coupon code and like to be reimbursed and get another free game coupon code.

Edited on 03/15/2013 at 8:37:33 PM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 16, 13 4:23 AM
Hi roaming,

We are very limited as to the support we can offer via the Forums hence, our Tech Support Team are the folks to contact about this.

They can provide some alternative solutions such as replacing the game if you understandably, would prefer to play another.

I hope this information is helpful!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by catmiggins on Mar 17, 13 2:39 AM
I have a bug in the game when trying to get the horn from the boat. I have given the ticket to the captain, but cannot click into the boat or get any further. Walkthrough and hint tell me I need to do this but it's just stuck, the boat is not active, and unavailable in the map. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but remains the same. I really don't want to restart the game, especially if the same thing happens. (sysyem info... windows 7 SP1 64bit, AMD Dual core processor, 4GB RAM)

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 19, 13 10:40 AM
Hey there catmiggins and welcome to the Pond!

I'm very sorry to hear that the game is acting up for you at the boat.

Since uninstalling and reinstalling the game didn't help I would recommend checking for any video card driver updates which can help get the game working properly. (Just click on the blue text for specific instructions.)

Please also go ahead and contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our Reps will be happy to work with you directly to try and figure that out!

I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

bunny3620
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by bunny3620 on Mar 21, 13 3:55 PM
I got the hexagon but failed in trying to solve it so I skipped it. I couldn't get through the bars and when I checked out the hints in the walkthrough it says to use the gadriel. Well, I don't have a gadriel and now I wonder if I was supposed to get that after doing the hexagon puzzle so now I am truly stuck. Bummer. I really don' feel like restarting the game since I am over halfway through it. I check back and see if anyone else is having the same problem.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 26, 13 9:41 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about the game getting stuck, bunny3620, as that can definitely be frustrating.

Before starting the game over, it may help to uninstall and reinstall and get the game files shuffled and back in the correct order.

However, if the game is still stuck at that spot one of our Reps will take a closer look to see if there are any other specific steps that may help to get your game back to playing correctly! Just click here and submit an email to reach them. Live Chat Support is also available Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST if you're a Big Fish Game Club member.

Thanks!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by lonelycozy on Apr 8, 13 12:32 PM
Hello FishHeads...

Just needed some advice as to how to fix a problem that I don't see posted on here as of yet.

I've just downloaded this game twice because I seem to be missing my cursor...
The game loads just fine, but when I try to start the game, I am able to touch the different categories, but the cursor is invisible.

What to do, pretty please with sugar on top??

This is the first time I have ever had this tech issue before with any of the BF games....thanks, in advance....

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 8, 13 11:47 AM
You've been lucky so far, lonelycozy, with this disappearing cursor being your first technical issue!

But no worries, if you go ahead and check for any video card driver updates this often helps to get the game and that cursor displaying correctly. (Just click on the blue text for instructions.)

If that doesn't help then one of our Reps from Tech Support will be able to provide some more specific steps depending on what the Dr. Felix shows!

Just click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left to reach them.

Thanks!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by soulNchantress on May 27, 13 5:07 PM
I've just unlocked to gate to the cemetary! Yay!! However, now it will not let me through the gate. There is no advance arrow. It's like the gate is still blocking me, but there is nothing to do. I've hit the 'hint' button a few times and it keeps telling me that I should already be in the cemetary. I've tried to access it through the map, but since I haven't entered it yet, the map still shows it as locked. I tried restarting the game and it still will not let me advance. I just hate to have to restart the whole adventure. Is there any other suggestion?

Go to: