bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for 9: The Dark Side Of Notre Dame

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 10, 13 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of 9: The Dark Side Of Notre Dame? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the 9: The Dark Side Of Notre Dame page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for 9: The Dark Side Of Notre Dame

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 10, 13 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 10, 13 12:37 AM
Interested to read the reviews on the CE version of this game?

Just click here!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on Mar 10, 13 5:34 AM

Edited on 03/11/2013 at 5:01:26 AM PST

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Mar 10, 13 7:17 AM
this is a GREAT game, 5 out of 5 stars.--------------doug & lisa...............

GAME COMPLETED TWICE

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Mar 15, 13 7:07 AM
GAME COMPLETED TWICE

Ah Voila! Fantastique

Story: Gargoyles of Notre Dame come alive and kidnap a young lady. The Paris Police can’t admit the existence of paranormal events, so you are invited to solve the mystery. Unsurprisingly, the story is somehow connected to your role as the Last Descendant of the Clan of 9.
Developer: Play Favorite Games
Release Date: Mar 2013
Extras: Guardian Amulet, Interactive Jump Map, Gladriel

A little more fanciful, light hearted and easier game than the original “9”, this sequel is a wonderfully put together game that I believe would still offer challenge enough for our ever-demanding adventure brethren. HOPA fans will be pleased to hear that the puzzles aren’t impossible, and are outnumbered by some exceptionally beautiful HOs. Which are heavily interactive and are almost a puzzle mini-game in themselves.

As everyone else will tell you, this is a beautiful, and classy game. Excellent graphics, music, voice acting. This is as you’d expect after the first “9”. The jump map is essential, and invariably helpful. I didn’t need the hint button at all, but it is a large and complex game area and I would have lost my way frequently without the map.

Gladriel is adorable, but I felt she seemed out of place in this story - just a little too much magic.

Edited on 03/15/2013 at 7:08:06 AM PST

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Apr 13, 13 12:23 PM
Played right to the end. It was a long game and well worth every penny, truly excellent.

The map was invaluable towards the end (I get lost easily!).

Wish there had been more use of Gladriel and the magic amulet for finding symbols but in no way did that detract from the overall enjoyment of this exceptional game.

More NINES please!!

medic1960
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by medic1960 on Apr 19, 13 8:38 AM
A wonderful game. The graphics, animation, story line, music etc all great.

I agree with layzeedaisy about the map, it was a real bonus.

I can't remember if I've played the other '9' set in London but I'm about to check and, if not, I'll be getting it ASAP.

Many thanks BF and DEVs.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on May 5, 13 3:05 PM

I really like the voice overs (always a plus for me). Don't see any extras to get as in other games, unless I missed them. Gladriel is fun, although "it" is referred to as a "she" with a man's voice (figure that one out). Nice SG. Didn't use the hint, so don't know about that yet. Looks to be a nice long game, but hard to tell. I ignore the achievements..the "awards" don't do anything for the game. I play at my own speed and don't care if I did something quickly or not. I'm just here to enjoy the game itself.

I would also like to know about the bonus game. Getting tired of buying CEs for another hour of play and not being overly excited about it afterward. I am downloading this game now. Yes, I bought the CE. I liked it and want to see where it is going. The gargoyles drew me in from the beginning.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for it at all. Thanks for the reviews!

Jerry99
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

Review for 9: The Dark Side Of Notre Dame

[Post New]by Jerry99 on May 26, 13 12:28 PM
This was a good game. Thank goodness for the map that labels locations and takes the player to those locations. There was so much room hopping that I never could have finished the game otherwise.
Very good graphics, voice overs ok and not too many. More than average HOGs, but they were ok.
All in all, I would buy it.

Go to: