Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Abandoned Train: Generator mini-game

[Post New]by flipking on Jun 19, 08 11:31 AM
do i need to put fuel in the funnel?
what do i do with the plank?

[Post New]by Crijon on Jun 19, 08 1:32 PM
You have to find the spot where your cursor glows blue to the right of the waterfall. Try using the plank there.

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Jun 20, 08 5:17 PM
Look for a gap that you would need the plank to cross .

Happy gaming!

Edited on 06/20/2008 at 6:16:18 PM PST

sassja23
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by sassja23 on Jun 20, 08 5:31 PM
OMG.I found it.Finally.Thank you.

GinaBean
Manatee
Manatee
4,361 Posts

[Post New]by GinaBean on Jun 20, 08 6:45 PM
OK, I closed the game when I got stuck to come over to the forum to see if I could get any hints, and now when I opened the game again, all my bars in the inventory are GONE! Kaput! FINI!! Ka-BLOOEY! What happened????

cnicolls
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by cnicolls on Jun 21, 08 1:55 PM
GinaBean wrote:OK, I closed the game when I got stuck to come over to the forum to see if I could get any hints, and now when I opened the game again, all my bars in the inventory are GONE! Kaput! FINI!! Ka-BLOOEY! What happened????

OK....The same thing happened to me. I went back in and all the bars had disappeared. But remember....they didn't show up the first time until you pushed the green button.....(?) I just hit the green button again, and they came back.

Good Luck, GinaBean!

Edited on 06/21/2008 at 1:59:58 PM PST

[Post New]by thusone on Jun 21, 08 7:55 PM
well, i can't find where in the waterfall the bloody plank goes and i am getting real tired of trying.
i haven't solved one of the puzzles so far, only until this point, there was an option to give up & go on. Now, the game won't let me go on. Guess this is curtains for me. BAd puzzle design to now allow a fail safe to go on with the puzzle.
I was able to solve just about all of the puzzles on the Madame FAte puzzle. This one is dissappointing.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Jun 21, 08 7:59 PM
Hi thusone! I'm sorry you're getting frustrated with this puzzle. I would recommend moving your mouse around in the scene. Anytime your mouse turns blue, it means that an inventory item can be used there. I hope that helps!

CAUTION POSSIBLE SPOILER for plank on waterfall???

[Post New]by okletmewin12 on Jun 22, 08 1:29 PM
Caution possible spoiler (if i'm right!)

i, like some others, can't get the plank across the waterfall

tried moving cursor around to the right of and all over (all 3) waterfalls, no blue cursor happened ~ tried the same thing with cursor holding plank ~

i have everything collected from both the train location and this location, including the journal pages ~ used the pliers, have access to the generator room, i don't think there's anything else needed til i place the plank to get to the fuel, there shouldn't be anything i have to do first to get this to work ~

i *think* i know where it should go, the space to the right of the spring at top of largest, widest waterfall, if you fill that space you could get across on plank, spring, and turtle's back? is that right? cause even there, i'm still not getting blue and if i just click the board there because i think it goes there, it flies back into inventory

if that's not the spot, can someone post EXACTLY where it belongs? getting very tired of roaming around looking for a blue cursor spot and clicking the plank all over every waterfall in the hopes SOMETHING will work ...

thanks

CAUTION POSSIBLE SPOILER for plank on waterfall???

[Post New]by okletmewin12 on Jun 22, 08 4:45 PM
okletmewin12 wrote:Caution possible spoiler (if i'm right!)

i, like some others, can't get the plank across the waterfall

tried moving cursor around to the right of and all over (all 3) waterfalls, no blue cursor happened ~ tried the same thing with cursor holding plank ~

duuhhhh, never mind, i just wasn't thinking with my "far right" brain, finally saw the (blue) light and opened up the cave ... onward we go!

great game!

[Post New]by aduncanzianet on Jun 22, 08 6:41 PM
Blah! I finally got the plank across the waterfall, and now I can't get all the lights lit. Frustration is NOT my friend. I wish there was some way to continue without solving this puzzle. Grumble, snarl, hiss.

[Post New]by FriendAim on Jun 22, 08 6:58 PM
Does anyone have a tip for the generatior portion that is a bit more specific? I cannot get this one. I've tried putting the bars in a million combinations and I'm just not getting it. Please help!

xoxenia1
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by xoxenia1 on Jun 22, 08 11:46 PM
Hey eveybody, Iam a frequent player to all these hidden object and puzzle/ mystery games; i stay up all night playing and I want to thank all you guys who have been here in the forums because you all have been a ton of help with some of the real tough puzzles in games like Azada, and the mystery case files, etc.
Anyway Im now onto this one and so far so good and its pretty fun and challenging plus great graphics but... WHAT THE HECK IS UP WITH THIS WATERFALL-PLANK BUSINESS!!! my cursor does not turn blue or sparkley either no matter what I do and I have clicked it everywhere! I have read all your suggestions and frustrations and just am totally at the end of my rope. Is the end of my journey here or what, does anyone have any idea what EXACTLY I am supposed to do in this sitch? PLEASE help I am begging anyone, thanks to anyone who responds- XO

[Post New]by okletmewin12 on Jun 23, 08 4:13 AM
xoxenia1 wrote:... WHAT THE HECK IS UP WITH THIS WATERFALL-PLANK BUSINESS!!! my cursor does not turn blue or sparkley either no matter what I do and I have clicked it everywhere! I have read all your suggestions and frustrations and just am totally at the end of my rope. Is the end of my journey here or what, does anyone have any idea what EXACTLY I am supposed to do in this sitch? PLEASE help I am begging anyone, thanks to anyone who responds- XO

hey xo ~ the spot isn't exactly on the waterfall, you have to go further to the right and about 2/3 of the way down the screen, plank will be placed over a ravine, not the waterfalls at all, all the talk of waterfalls is a little misleading, lol!

not sure but i think there was a little bit of a clearing and an explorer's hat was on the grass? if i'm remembering right, it's below that on the screen, or around there somewhere ~ get yourself in that general area and things should work ~ good luck ~

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jun 23, 08 4:25 AM
Hi Xoxenia. The blue area is inside a crevice. The plank acts like a bridge over the crevice. Happy gaming.

xoxenia1
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by xoxenia1 on Jun 23, 08 4:49 AM
Hey Thanks for responding so early in the morning, you guys are the best for real. I actually shut the game down and then restarted just to see if the cursor would start to turn blue and all that and it did so I guess my game was just messing with me. anyway though if I hadnt gotten through it you guys would totally have been my saviors; me beeing the total nerd that I am I was serious when I said I stay up all night playing these games so I have been checking in on the forums and stuff and moving along in the game. I am now stuck in the like 41st level or something trying to do the matching the beetle pattern flashing light thing so Im a head over to that discussion now, but if i cant find one I'll be posting a help for that soon too. thanks again -XO

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jun 23, 08 8:04 AM
AlwazMistkn wrote:I can't get the plank into the water to pass this level. I have read the forum discussions and tried everything. I need help

AlwazMistkn, look in the bottom right quarter. There is a crevice. Move you cursor over the crevice and it should turn blue. Good Luck.

laura
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by laura on Jun 24, 08 6:45 PM
[bgrrrrr can any one tell me where these bars go on the generator???

ajones7252
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by ajones7252 on Jun 25, 08 6:16 AM
Yeah, I got it. Thanks

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jun 25, 08 8:57 AM
Glad you were successful. Good luck on the next set of locations.

Go to: