LucyMarie
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

Advice?

[Post New]by LucyMarie on Mar 10, 13 3:19 PM
Based on my previous post about bettering the odds got me to thinking--some of the higher up players must have tips. Yes, I bet even those who have just started have some good ideas too.

So, what advice can you give me (and anyone else who reads this)? Have you found (HA) a better way to play?

Blessings,
LucyMarie

LucyMarie
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

Re:Advice?

[Post New]by LucyMarie on Mar 10, 13 3:21 PM
My advice is best suited for those needing just a little bit more XP to advance up to the next level--trade with the floaters. They will give the needed XP to move up. If you get lucky--you can trade with one to get something to trade with another and so on.

I hope this helps someone! and I hope someone has some advice for me. Almost to level 51--and so ready for the update

Blessings,
LucyMarie

Adevar
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Adevar on Mar 11, 13 5:51 AM
One piece of advice for those starting out that I don't believe I've seen on this board is to avoid the temptation to go after the achievements of the "easy" collections (old mint, chest, etc). You need soooo many gift boxes, ribbons, and necklaces that it's better to save them for charging collections for quests. And believe me, you'll end up charging these collections enough times to win the achievement several times over.

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on Mar 15, 13 5:55 AM
My advice is, charge the Philatelist collection as often as you possibly can. When you get to the later levels, where it takes SO MANY points to advance, you will want to use a crystal owl amulet during every session in order to double your points. Since the crystal owl only lasts ten minutes, try to explore as many areas as quickly as you can. Don't explore areas that are in night mode (unless you have enough magnets to quickly clear them) and don't waste time picking up all the rewards at the end; just move on quickly to the next area. You should be able to make the crystal owl last through your entire energy level if you explore fast enough.

Also try to stockpile the amulet (whose name I don't remember - it looks like a sitting dog with a jewel) that makes your energy regenerate in half the time, and have one activated at all times.

LucyMarie
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by LucyMarie on Apr 9, 13 12:28 PM
euphoria wrote:.

I just wanted to say "WOW" thanks for the advice. I will have to apply some of this to my game play.

Blessings,
LucyMarie

Winfrey3
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by Winfrey3 on Apr 9, 13 2:46 PM
Don't be to quick to craft a collection just because you can. Make sure the reward is worth the chargers. To me charging a collection that needs 4-6 gift boxes or a lot of claws or red ribbons is not worth it for just a little gold or a little experience. I generally charge collections when:
1 They are needed for a quest.
2. They have a good reward relative to the chargers needed. Honey pots of course are the "grail" but fruit desserts, pizza or large amounts of gold or experience or a combination are worth while to me. I've only charged the vampire gown once because for me the reward isn't worth the large number of chargers needed.
3. They count towards an achievement.
4. I've built up a good surplus of chargers. When I started playing I charged everything I could and kept running out of boxes and claws.

SandyFish55
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,306 Posts

[Post New]by SandyFish55 on Apr 9, 13 5:14 PM
Winfrey3 wrote:Don't be to quick to craft a collection just because you can. Make sure the reward is worth the chargers. To me charging a collection that needs 4-6 gift boxes or a lot of claws or red ribbons is not worth it for just a little gold or a little experience. I generally charge collections when:
1 They are needed for a quest.
2. They have a good reward relative to the chargers needed. Honey pots of course are the "grail" but fruit desserts, pizza or large amounts of gold or experience or a combination are worth while to me. I've only charged the vampire gown once because for me the reward isn't worth the large number of chargers needed.
3. They count towards an achievement.
4. I've built up a good surplus of chargers. When I started playing I charged everything I could and kept running out of boxes and claws.

Agree, totally. The only thing I did different (because i was getting bored the the old game, was do all my floaters when they came up, later you will want to hold on to the floaters for completing quests

Minxiepieces
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by Minxiepieces on Apr 10, 13 5:47 AM
I do not play locations unless all three types of amulets are activated - owl, temple dog and coin. Save diamonds to purchase only lunch boxes - which has put my energy at about 3600. When the owl expires, I go to floaters and collections. I try not to do floaters if the owl is active because it wastes owl time. Enjoy!

Go to: