bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

Re:Cave: Gem Puzzle

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Jun 19, 08 7:36 PM
Originally posted by scotcat:

"Got all the gems, put them in the holes in the mountain and heard a deeper
"smack" sound (putting the gems in some holes made a light "poof" sound). Now what? I have no clue what to do.

I figured out all the puzzles thus far, but I am still trying to figure this one out.

Thanks!"

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Jun 19, 08 7:54 PM
Never mind. I figured out the puzzle. Now I still need to figure out this forum some more.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jun 20, 08 3:57 PM
This one was fun. When it first started, I thought it was going to play the tune from Close Encounters of the Third Kind LOL.

jfarri
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by jfarri on Jun 22, 08 10:55 PM
I need help. I am stuck in the Gem puzzle too. I put the gems in the holes andnow I am stuck, stuck, stuck. can't figure out what to do next???? anyone help plese.

jfarri
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by jfarri on Jun 22, 08 10:56 PM
bfgAegean wrote:
Originally posted by scotcat:

"Got all the gems, put them in the holes in the mountain and heard a deeper
"smack" sound (putting the gems in some holes made a light "poof" sound). Now what? I have no clue what to do.

I figured out all the puzzles thus far, but I am still trying to figure this one out.

Thanks!"

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Jun 22, 08 11:28 PM
rodsgirl9 wrote: how did you figure out the placement of the gems after placing the ones in the diagram....trial & error? After remembering to click the hint button, I was fine...."Simon" was fun

Yep, trial and error. It seems the correct placements will have a "poof" sound and incorrect will have a "smack" sound. The size & shape of the gems also match the holes in the wall.

Once you place the rocks in the right place a rope will fall down from the left side of the screen.
Pull on the chord and you'll notice that the gems will light up in a certain pattern. You must duplicate the correct pattern 4 times in order to beat this puzzle.

I really hate it when I have to remember a sequence. My mind is too old for that now.

peony99
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by peony99 on Jun 25, 08 7:33 PM
rodsgirl9 wrote: how did you figure out the placement of the gems after placing the ones in the diagram....trial & error? After remembering to click the hint button, I was fine...."Simon" was fun

peony99
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by peony99 on Jun 25, 08 7:42 PM

Can you tell me what tune we're going for here. I just don't get it at all. ... and Simon? Simon who/what? Oddly I haven't had any problems with any of the puzzles so far - now this. Thanks.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jun 25, 08 9:12 PM
...Peony, no tune. Goal is to place the gems into the indentations in the rock. Use the partial picture to place the initial gems. Find the others and place them ... roughly in the shape of a star. If a "poof" sound when you place a gem, it is correct.
...Once they are all in place, pull the rope to the left. The gems will light up in a certain pattern. A little tune will play ... but it really has no bearing on the puzzle. You must duplicate the correct pattern 4-5 times in order to complete the puzzle. Good Luck.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jun 26, 08 6:22 PM
Peony, I'm guessing the gems are not in the right places. Click on each to pick up. Then release. If it "poofs" it's ok. If it clunks / grinds, it's wrong. There should be no empty holes. Did you find the two "hidden" gems?
...When you pull on the rope, some of the gems will light up and a little tune will play. You need to duplicate the sequence of the gems. Then rpeat until the star is complete.
...Hope that helps.

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Jun 30, 08 10:53 PM
Okay, see I didn't notice the different "poof" sounds (shows how observant I am). For me it was just trial and error,and hitting hint and watching the incorrect ones fall out. This puzzle was aggravating, but I got through it. I hated that Simon part, mostly because my kid was standing next to me making the sound effects while I was trying to memorize the sequence.

[Post New]by nononame on Jul 1, 08 12:12 AM
cesse47 wrote:...Peony, no tune. Goal is to place the gems into the indentations in the rock. Use the partial picture to place the initial gems. Find the others and place them ... roughly in the shape of a star. If a "poof" sound when you place a gem, it is correct.
...Once they are all in place, pull the rope to the left. The gems will light up in a certain pattern. A little tune will play ... but it really has no bearing on the puzzle. You must duplicate the correct pattern 4-5 times in order to complete the puzzle. Good Luck.

Hello!!

Seems I`m the only one who can`t find all gems........ but I can only find 9 gems! Can you tell me where are the 10 gems - so I can find the last one.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jul 3, 08 1:30 PM
nononame, there are 5 on the left side of screen, 1 hidden behind red rock at base of big rock, 2 to the right of that one, 1 up high on right edge, and 1 blue one beneath leaf on right edge. Hope that helps.

[Post New]by mzmcky on Jul 5, 08 8:34 PM
scotcat wrote:

Yep, trial and error. It seems the correct placements will have a "poof" sound and incorrect will have a "smack" sound. The size & shape of the gems also match the holes in the wall.

Once you place the rocks in the right place a rope will fall down from the left side of the screen.
Pull on the chord and you'll notice that the gems will light up in a certain pattern. You must duplicate the correct pattern 4 times in order to beat this puzzle.

I really hate it when I have to remember a sequence. My mind is too old for that now.

[Post New]by mzmcky on Jul 5, 08 8:37 PM
are you talking about repeating the sound sequence
thank you

lunarhea
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by lunarhea on Jul 6, 08 10:40 AM
i have all the gems in the rope dropped and i pulled on it about 30 times and still in same place when you say duplicate the correct pattern do you click on the gems that lit up in the pattern. like simon says game

Edited on 07/06/2008 at 10:41:07 AM PST

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jul 8, 08 5:19 AM
When you pull on the rope, gems will light up. You need to click on the gems in the same sequence. It does play a little tune. Each time you are correct, a groove is carved in the rockface.

[Post New]by crisr9 on Jul 22, 08 11:58 AM
Hi, everyone. How do I find the gems??? I'm really stuck.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jul 22, 08 1:10 PM
crisr9 wrote:Hi, everyone. How do I find the gems??? I'm really stuck.

...crisr, have you read the other posts in this thread? The details are all there. If you still have questions, let us know. Good Luck.

[Post New]by dizzyzulu on Jul 24, 08 11:23 AM
nononame wrote:HELP!!! P L E A S E !!!!

I can`t go on with the game.

I`ve found the hidden gem on the right side where the leaf is..... but I can not find number 10!

Seems I`m the only one who can`t find all gems........ but I can only find 9 gems! Can you tell me where are the 10 gems - so I can find the last one.

P L E A S E ..... can anyone send an answer to me???!!!

[URL Removed by Moderator]
Hi hope this site helps you
Favored

Edited on 01/30/2009 at 11:52:02 AM PST

Go to: