GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

HOW do I get into the next stage in Paradise Falls? SPOILERS & Spoiler Requested!

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 11, 13 9:12 PM
Every previous time I've played, eventually there comes a flood to wash away Paradise Falls and make you start over. (TOLD you this was a spoiler.)

But it isn't happening! All I've got left in the way of tasks is "Unlawful Withdrawal", which warns me that bandits will attempt to rob the bank.

They've tried. They've tried more than once. For a while I thought that was what was holding me up, waiting until the bandits were randomly triggered. Nope.

I've hired a mayor, had him do the pants thing upon appointment, and (inadvertently) triggered the continuation--I think by clicking a Trading Post--satisfied him, and he's bouncing around visiting places now. I've done everything else available, to the point that I've had to build a 3rd Lumber Mill, in the far NW, having exhausted all the accessible timber in the E and S!

WHAT am I missing?

KRSPDS
Shark
Shark
10,491 Posts

Re:HOW do I get into the next stage in Paradise Falls? SPOILERS & Spoiler Requested!

[Post New]by KRSPDS on Mar 12, 13 12:05 AM
I just need some clarification on what you have already done in this level. Have you purchased and repaired the Train Station? After you have done this the game (one of the citizens or possibly the station) will state you need 4 new deputies, after you hire them you will be asked to go and destroy the Mad Russians town.

Have you (Bill and Ted Brown) gone to get their posse together? Have the girls destroyed the Mad Russian's bank? Have you found the Moonshine Gold? Freed Benton (the other prospector)? Build a gold mine on the gold deposit below the farm (and farmer) that takes you to Stinky Pete's.

Luckily, I just finished replaying this game, so I have plenty of ideas regarding the problem. Let me know if any of these were the problem. If none of these solve your problem, again let me know, and I'll try to help you further.

Good Luck

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re:HOW do I get into the next stage in Paradise Falls? SPOILERS & Spoiler Requested!

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 12, 13 9:51 AM
First, THANK YOU! Especially for responding here, where it may do others good, not by message.

Now your answers.

The trains have been running for hours.

No task requiring 4 new deputies has ever come up this time thru. I don't remember any "get a posse together" either, and definitely haven't seen the Russian's town, nor in particular his bank. So I suspect that whole sequence is what's, for some reason, just not coming up.

I've freed Benton. I've exhausted the gold deposit in the far SE, if that's what you mean by "below" that farm, as well as that in the far NE. (Rancid and Benton are working at the smithy and pastoring a church these days.) The farmer who sent us to Pete is still there, as is his farm. Is that supposed to endure the entire cycle outside of the player's control, or is there a trigger for dealing w/ it somehow?

The only anomalies that I haven't seen before were: 1) Quite a while ago, there was a pile-up of bandits at the far NE, just shuffling their feet like mere citizens stuck in place.* I sent a posse up to deal w/ them at leisure and collected a little loot. Some resultant small gold piles and a jewel are stuck against the extreme N border of the map and inaccessible to pick-up. 2) More recently, a bandit queen stalked thru town w/o shooting anything. None of my gunslingers could engage her and she disappeared off the western edge.

"Unlawful Withdrawal" is still the only task on my list. And it's been literally hours of play time w/ it sitting there all by itself!

When the 3rd Lumber Mill exhausts all resources--or maybe before--I'm going to Restart the entire board, trusting this is a glitch, not a bug.

At least this time I'll have the advantage of my own recent "Paradise Falls (First Pass) Spoilers--Unless They're Just Good Advice" post!

Thanks again, KRSPDS.
-------------------------------
* THAT anomaly I've of course seen plenty often before! Their doing so outside of one of the PF churches reminds me of my fellow parishioners forming knots out front after Mass at my real parish church. But that's entirely by the by.

Edited on 03/12/2013 at 9:52:36 AM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: HOW do I get into the next stage in Paradise Falls? SPOILERS & Spoiler Requested!

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 12, 13 9:55 AM
P.S. I've got such good town security (4 sheriffs, 11 deputies, 10 gunslingers) that I'm not sure a bank has ever actually been reached by any bandit. That can't be relevant ... can it?

KRSPDS
Shark
Shark
10,491 Posts

[Post New]by KRSPDS on Mar 12, 13 2:12 PM
The last time I played Westward (just last week), as soon as I employed the bank, I was required to defend it on two fronts - one from the North near the falls and the other from the South near the station, after this Bill and Ted wanted to get their posse back together again, and the girls beat them to destroying the Mas Russians bank. After this, I was asked to destroy the Mad Russians town. I last had about 10 gunslingers, 5 deputies and two sheriffs, so I don't think that really matters, especially since no matter how many deputies I've ever had the sequence to destroy the Mad Russians town always asks for more. Since you've done everything else (including the Monshine Gold from the three drunks?), if your bank is employed then you most likely have a glitch (especially with the pile up of bandits you experienced - I too have never seen this happen), you could (sorry to say this) try restarting from an earlier save in Paradise Falls (sometime before you build the bank and buy the train station), this has helped me in the past. Sorry I could not be of more help.

P.S. The mayor is satisfied with Rancid's pants once you build a statue of the mayor.
The farmer stays there like a bump on a log, doing nothing. Gunfighters can never engage a bandit that is not shooting anything, so it is not a problem.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: HOW do I get into the next stage in Paradise Falls? SPOILERS & Spoiler Requested!

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 12, 13 2:55 PM
Yep, my experience diverges at "... after this Bill and Ted ...".

I do have just one earlier save, when the task was to build the bank. The next one is right after the bank was built and the anomalous bandit pile-up, which apparently short-circuited things.

So, that's where I'll restart from, not from the beginning of the map.

Thanks for the advice, amigo/a. And I'll report back here--to you and future readers--if it works. Or not!

Edited on 03/12/2013 at 3:17:07 PM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 12, 13 9:04 PM
All proceeded as predicted.

Yaaaay!

Edited on 03/12/2013 at 9:04:23 PM PST

Go to: