oil can

[Post New]by Cinderella56 on Mar 12, 13 1:46 PM
I used the oil can to open the trailer door but it never went back to my inventory. Now I need it to open the tool boxand it's gone. Am I missing something?

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:oil can

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Mar 12, 13 2:06 PM
Hi Cinderella56,

Welcome to the Pond! The item you'll need for that is actually the rust remover, which can be found inside the cave near the tent. You can take a look at pictures and a more detailed description of that scene here on the walkthrough we have available:

Otherworld: Omens of Summer Walkthrough

I hope that helps so you can get past that part!

bfgSeine

Re:oil can/rust remover

[Post New]by animalcare on Mar 16, 13 2:18 AM
used the rust remover to open caravan door and now need it to open the tool box but it is not in my inventory, where is it??? looked at the walkthrough and it says use the rust remover cant do that if its not there.

Edited on 03/16/2013 at 2:20:38 AM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:oil can/rust remover

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 16, 13 2:44 AM
animalcare wrote:used the rust remover to open caravan door and now need it to open the tool box but it is not in my inventory, where is it??? looked at the walkthrough and it says use the rust remover cant do that if its not there.

OH NO!!!! Really BFG??!!! What were you thinking?!!

Sorry, animalcare. This is a glitch that was prevalent in the Collector's Edition version. There are multiple threads about it and multiple posts in the tech issues thread. (Here's the URL for that forum if you're interested in reading some of it:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/3213.page)

Since the glitch was never fixed and they, for some unknown reason, decided to go ahead and release the SE with the same glitch unfixed there is only one known work around. Start over under a new player name and when you get the rust remover use it on the TOOL BOX FIRST and then use it on the trailer/caravan door. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. If it were me I'd contact tech support and give 'em a piece of my mind!

Go to: