bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Dreamscapes: The Sandman technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 13, 13 12:48 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

quizzly
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

Re:Post any Dreamscapes: The Sandman technical issues here only

[Post New]by quizzly on Mar 13, 13 2:18 AM
The game downloaded fast enough but when I tried to play it closed down. I will deinstall and reinstall.

quizzly
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by quizzly on Mar 13, 13 2:36 AM
Same problem again. I will wait and see if others can play without technical issues.

[Post New]by kittypaws50 on Mar 13, 13 2:40 AM
HI THERE, I INSTALLED THE GAME OKAY BUT WHEN I WENT TO PLAY IT, THE SCREEN FROZE, I RESTARTED THE COMPUTER 3 TIMES, I HAVE ALL THE LATEST UPDATE SO I DON'T THINK THATS THE PROBLEM THANKS

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 13, 13 2:40 AM
Heya quizzly,

I'm sorry to hear that your game just closed down like that .

These kind of problems are often caused by the software being in need of a small update before your computer can play the game properly. You can easily check this by following the steps you can find here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Mar 13, 13 3:43 AM
Game did not install, recieved message that there was no disc space left which is ridiculous. I had a similar problem with Barnyarn but after a few weeks, for no apparent reason, it resolved itself. Guess I will wait on this as well. Cheers

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 13, 13 9:30 AM
Hmm Nilosh that is definitely weird!

If you'd like, one of our Reps from Tech Support will be happy to take a closer look, and help make sure this doesn't happen with another game. Just be sure to include a Dr. Felix!

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

Thanks!

bfgIzara

firebug2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by firebug2 on Mar 13, 13 4:03 PM
I'm in the amusement park playing the connector minigame. The connectors keep jumping off the screen when I try to use it. I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

[Post New]by ladyluck278 on Mar 13, 13 5:15 PM
get thread context failed...

When I played the demo I had no issues, ran smoothly did not crash..the minute i purchased it nothing but trouble.

It installed but will not load, even uninstalled it and reinstalled it and same thing happens..the above appears with Fatal error gc. it is not on my end as I have no issues with other games. Please help, if you cannot help can i please have my game club credit back? thanks.

Strange that the demo worked but it stopped after purchase.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 13, 13 5:36 PM
Hi ladyluck278,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the game after everything played fine during the trial!

It does look like the full version of the game is about twice as big as the demo, which might be why the issues are only coming up now. From what you described about the fatal error messages and things, I think it would be best for you to get in touch with our tTech Support Team so they can start working with you directly.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

lucygirl7
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by lucygirl7 on Mar 13, 13 8:19 PM
After I bought the game I went back in to continue playing and it said I didn't have enough space so I tried again and it worked out fine. I too have a new computer and should never have a problem

Skrdykat
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Skrdykat on Mar 13, 13 11:37 PM
Game played fine but NO achievements showed up at the end and were only sporadically awarded. It was one of the main reasons I bought the game, hope there is a fix in the works.....

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 14, 13 1:31 AM
Hi Fishies,

lucygirl7 - that is a strange thing to have happened for sure! It sounds like this resolved itself however, if you encounter this issue, or any other, please drop us a line so we can help you out.

Skrdykat - sorry that the achievements in this game are not being awarded correctly, I will pass that feedback along and if we hear anything about this, the Moderation Team will be sure to swim in and update.

Thanks,

bfgBaikal

desandnrs
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by desandnrs on Mar 14, 13 9:44 AM
I started playing the demo and everything seemed to be working fine when suddenly the game closed and said my time was up. I had not played over 5 minutes at most. What is wrong?

ttomm46
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by ttomm46 on Mar 14, 13 10:16 AM
My problem and a few others is i'm stuck in church yard and hints always say nothing to do here..no way to go back to earlier scenes..
I'm sure it has to be a bug of some sort
Tom

Edited on 03/14/2013 at 10:16:56 AM PST

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 14, 13 11:05 AM
Hey there Fishies,

Just swimming in with a little advice!

ttomm46: That is definitely weird that the church yard doesn't seem to be working properly. If uninstalling and reinstalling the game doesn't help, please be sure to get in touch with our Tech Support and they'll work with you directly to help get that sorted out.

desandnrs: I'm sorry to hear the demo quit out like that! Sometimes if a trial is left open it can run up the trial time. However if this was not the case I'm sure a Rep from Customer Support will be happy to help further.

Just click here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope this is helpful and best of luck!

bfgIzara

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Mar 16, 13 4:10 PM
Skrdykat wrote:Game played fine but NO achievements showed up at the end and were only sporadically awarded. It was one of the main reasons I bought the game, hope there is a fix in the works.....

On the Achievements page there are arrows on the left side. Click the arrows to see the Benny's you've earned and put them in the correct shadowed spot to see your award.

[Post New]by djinnandtonic on Mar 16, 13 7:11 PM
Some of the puzzles i only get pink boxes within the puzzle itself. These pink boxes are the items that you had to find and once you put them in the puzzle the actual item disappears and turns into a pink box.

[Post New]by MamaLaurie1 on Mar 17, 13 6:37 AM
I made it almost all the way to the end. I have all of the pieces of the dream catcher and they are all in place, however the dream catcher does not go to my inventory.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Mar 17, 13 11:03 AM
MamaLaurie1 wrote:I made it almost all the way to the end. I have all of the pieces of the dream catcher and they are all in place, however the dream catcher does not go to my inventory.

Are you certain you have all the pieces? The last four I was missing were the piece for the center, two of the feathers and one small piece that goes on the side of the dreamcatcher. All four are found very close to the end of the game. One is found after you get the stairway to reach Laura.

If you're sure you have them all, then try to move each of the pieces on the dreamcatcher to see if one of them didn't lock into place.

Also, you should have nothing left in your inventory when you complete the dreamcatcher. Only the dreamcatcher, once you get it. If you have anything else in your inventory, then you missed one of the dreamcatcher pieces somewhere.

Go to: