bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Puzzler Brain Games

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 14, 13 12:29 AM
Puzzler Brain Games is a new type of puzzle game. The fast paced action will test your intellect with 20 different rapid-fire puzzles designed to be fun and exciting while helping improve your cognitive ability. Brain-teasing puzzles are designed to exercise four brain function categories: visual, word, mathematical and memory.

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

Re:Puzzler Brain Games

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Mar 14, 13 1:34 AM
I really wanted to like this but it was really tiresome. Boink, I clicked, boink!, I selected, boink! I said yes, boink! I turned the sound off. I found the interface really difficult, or at least counter-intuitive. I lost count of how many clicks I had to do to select each challenge. When I had finished today's challenge I was rewarded with an extra memory game - could I find it? Could I 'eck-as-like.

Surely this game is aimed at people of a certain age, worried about their declining cognitive ability? Well isn't it? What I don't need is loud pointless music, a mad badly animated professor and wow shiny bright colours. The game looks like it's been designed by cool, trendy, just out of college 20 year olds who think anyone over 30 is old and anyone over 50 needs TO BE SPOKEN TO IN A VERY LOUD VOICE and called dear a lot

Right, rant over, I'm going to rest my dear old head somewhere dark and peaceful, put on my woolly socks, drink Horlicks and forget about all this computer shennanigans - because I'm obviously way too old.

Of course, if this is designed for 5 year olds who want to improve their cognitive ability then I apologise, and well done to the devs who got it just right!

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

Re:Puzzler Brain Games

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Mar 15, 13 9:16 PM
nelliegemini wrote:I really wanted to like this but it was really tiresome. Boink, I clicked, boink!, I selected, boink! I said yes, boink! I turned the sound off. I found the interface really difficult, or at least counter-intuitive. I lost count of how many clicks I had to do to select each challenge. When I had finished today's challenge I was rewarded with an extra memory game - could I find it? Could I 'eck-as-like.

Surely this game is aimed at people of a certain age, worried about their declining cognitive ability? Well isn't it? What I don't need is loud pointless music, a mad badly animated professor and wow shiny bright colours. The game looks like it's been designed by cool, trendy, just out of college 20 year olds who think anyone over 30 is old and anyone over 50 needs TO BE SPOKEN TO IN A VERY LOUD VOICE and called dear a lot

Right, rant over, I'm going to rest my dear old head somewhere dark and peaceful, put on my woolly socks, drink Horlicks and forget about all this computer shennanigans - because I'm obviously way too old.

Of course, if this is designed for 5 year olds who want to improve their cognitive ability then I apologise, and well done to the devs who got it just right!

Thanks nellie,

I am feeling too old and worn out after that bit of mental gymnastics to explain what you just said.

Thanks for saving me the effort. hehe

So, there are some good ideas floating around in this 'game' but nothing quite hit the mark.

If concentration is the point, then some guy off to the side waving his arms around and emoting just is not helpful, nor wanted.

Actually left that game a bit miffed, annoyed that they had wasted their time and mine.

Does anyone actually play these before they send them out?

If so, I say, fire the 'yes men'.

Moving on (with my cane, of course)

Angel

Edited on 05/15/2013 at 4:20:36 PM PST

Go to: