bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any European Mystery: Scent of Desire Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 14, 13 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

lorem
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re:Post any European Mystery: Scent of Desire Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by lorem on Mar 14, 13 3:24 AM
#Error code 4...trying download for the 3rd time!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any European Mystery: Scent of Desire Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 14, 13 3:30 AM
Hi lorem,

The error code 4 could be caused by a number of different things but sometimes, adjusting your download method can help.

The help article here, has some tips on how to adjust your Game Manager settings and try the alternative download method.

Of course, if you like, we would be happy to have a look at this with you and provide more specific support. When submitting a support ticket, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team so they can get to helping you right away.

I hope this information is helpful and wishing you the best of luck!

bfgBaikal

darksprires
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by darksprires on Mar 14, 13 7:55 AM
I can't pick up the scent collector. This brings all the action to a screaching holt as I can't make any perfume without it.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 14, 13 8:04 AM
Hi darksprires,

I haven't played this game yet so I am not too sure why you are having this trouble.

I would suggest having a look at the built in game Strategy Guide to see if you can glean any tips from that - sometimes making sure that you have done matches what is listed in the guide can help you collect an item that is currently unresponsive.

You could also try the hint button, as this will also flag other areas of interest that require your attention before you grab the scent collector.

Failing that, you could also try uninstalling and reinstalling the game just in case the game files are damaged and the game is not responding as it should for you.

If the problems persist and you feel like this may be a tech issue though, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hoping this is helpful!

bfgBaikal

darksprires
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by darksprires on Mar 14, 13 9:57 AM
The stategy guide was a waste of space for this problem. I found a tip on this forum and it has now been solved. Thanks.

[Post New]by broosb on Mar 14, 13 10:47 AM
Stuck! Glitch? I can't zoom in to put the halberd in the knight's hand? Please help me solve this problem....

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 14, 13 11:02 AM
Hey there broosb,

Sorry to hear about that glitch! It may help to uninstall and reinstall the game to help get the needed files organized correctly on the system.

If that doesn't help please go ahead and contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our Reps will be happy to work with you directly to try and figure that out!

darksprires: Happy to hear you were able to find that solution, and I've passed along your feedback about that strategy guide. Thanks!

I hope this helps!

bfgIzara

Izziewizz
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Izziewizz on Mar 14, 13 12:50 PM
broosb wrote:Stuck! Glitch? I can't zoom in to put the halberd in the knight's hand? Please help me solve this problem....

Have you collected the tobacco scent from the knight? You can't place the halberd until you have.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 14, 13 3:15 PM
Hi deejae101,

If the zoom isn't working correctly, then I do think it would be best for you to get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can see what's going on.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Signe28
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Signe28 on Mar 14, 13 7:11 PM
made the Morning Dew scent; received the solvent but it is not in inventory..cannot progress at this point.............

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 15, 13 5:34 AM
Hi Signe28,

I am so sorry to hear that!

It sounds to me that your game may not be functioning as it should so I would encourage you to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If the problems persist and you would like some dedicated support on this, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page and they will be happy to help!

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

Sage103082
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,562 Posts

[Post New]by Sage103082 on Mar 15, 13 3:14 PM
All my completed achievements to the point in the game I am at are gone. =( This is more then upsetting, I like to be able to feel accomplished after the game is over and now I am not sure whether to restart or finish without them.

barbaralbb
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by barbaralbb on Mar 15, 13 4:38 PM
Haven't seen this issue for this game from anyone else....

I downloaded the demo and it worked fine. Bought the game and it will not download. Have tried it several times. Stopped/uninstalled even uninstalled/reinstalled the Game Manager. No luck.

Any ideas, folks....?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 16, 13 1:00 AM
barbaralbb wrote:Haven't seen this issue for this game from anyone else....

I downloaded the demo and it worked fine. Bought the game and it will not download. Have tried it several times. Stopped/uninstalled even uninstalled/reinstalled the Game Manager. No luck.

Any ideas, folks....?

Sorry, barbaralbb, sounds as if you need to get in touch with tech support. Click on the green envelope to the right of these posts, then click on "Still need help? Contact Us" in the lower left hand side of the next page. Good luck!

nox78
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

Gaston's workshop

[Post New]by nox78 on Mar 16, 13 11:24 AM
Hi all,

in Gaston's workshop i can't zoom into the rusty lock. The "zoom" icon appears, the description "a rusty lock" appears, but i can't zoom in. I already have paper and pencil, so I think it's a bug.

Nox.

wesjohny
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by wesjohny on Mar 17, 13 2:59 PM
I got to the last part of game where I had to take the lady across the river. everything freezes up and says the game has stopped working. I tried it several times and its the same thing,

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 17, 13 5:34 PM
Hi wesjohny and nox78,

It sounds like you both are experiencing the game freezing on you. First, check out the suggestions in the help article below. We find they will work for a lot of customers that run into this sort of issue.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that doesn't help, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can see what else might be going on and work with you directly on some more specific troubleshooting from there. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

nox78
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by nox78 on Mar 18, 13 3:03 PM
Still doesn't working, after some updates (graphic card, adobe stuff...). Trying to make the game properly working reinstalling it.

Though, I don't think it's a problem related to my computer: the game doesn't crash, freeze and so on; simply, the pointer doesn't let me zoom into the lock.

In my opinion, it could be a game bug...

Nox.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 18, 13 5:26 PM
Hi nox78,

I'm disappointed those suggestions didn't help.

If this is something not working with the game itself, then please do get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to collect some information about what you're experiencing that will really help us pinpoint where the trouble is coming from and even how it might be fixed.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: