TO ALL CAKE MANIA 3 CUSTOMERS, PLEASE ADVISE ...

[Post New]by dianaincognito on Feb 23, 09 8:17 PM
CAKE MANIA 3 VERSIONS (Big Fish's 1.001a and Sandlot's 1.004)

POSTED IN THE BIG FISH GAME FORUMS A LETTER FROM SANDLOT (dated 12/16/08):

"I apologize for your frustration. The latest build of Cake Mania 3 was sent to Big Fish Games on 10/13/08. We just heard back from Big Fish this morning saying that they will push the latest version (1.004) live on their site ASAP."

PER ANOTHER POSTER IN THE SAME BIG FISH GAME FORUM THREAD (dated 12/30/08):

Per a representative at Big Fish:
"Emily J. Seattle: We are unable to offer that update as it is not compatible with our site due to Sandlot's servers."

---AND FINALLY---

PER ANOTHER POSTER IN A DIFFERENT THREAD ON BIG FISH (dated 11/01/08):

Regarding the upgrade to version 1.004 from 1.001a of Cake Mania 3:
"I emailed Sandlot and you cannot upgrade your version there unless you purchased there."

I paid for Cake Mania 3 (through Big Fish). I earned ALL trophies at the Super Goal level. I wanted to purchase the expansion add-ons but I can't because my version is 1.001a and per Big Fish, that's all I can get due to 'server issues' with Sandlot. (The 'free' add-on was compatible through Sandlot Connect ... but I haven't tried to download the 2 remaining add-ons for purchase due to numerous complaints of problems posted by Big Fish members in various threads.)

#1. Can anyone tell me if the present Cake Mania 3 on Big Fish is still version 1.001a (as I don't want to re-download something I already have)?

#2. Will anyone who purchased CM3 from BIG FISH who downloaded the expansion pack add-ons from Sandlot (not the free one - got that) please advise what version of CM3 you have and what problems, if any, you had with the purchasing/downloading/gameplaying of those add-ons?

#3. Will customers who purchased CM3 on BIG FISH please post here as to whether or not they were able to download a more recent version than 1.001a, where, how, and if the expansion add-ons (excluding the free one - got that) work?

(I sent a long detailed email to both Big Fish and Sandlot and will post here what, if any, their answers are in regards to upgrading from version 1.001a to 1.004 for Big Fish Customers.)

PLEASE POST BOTH POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE ISSUES WITH THIS SITUATION HERE SO I CAN DIRECT BOTH SANDLOT AND BIG FISH TO ONE THREAD ... HOPING TO FINALLY RESOLVE THIS CAKE MANIA 3 VERSION UPGRADE ISSUE.

Thank you for your help and cooperation!

Re:TO ALL CAKE MANIA 3 CUSTOMERS, PLEASE ADVISE ...

[Post New]by XanderTheSlayer on Mar 2, 09 8:41 PM
Big Fish now has the 1.004 version.

I didn't buy any of the add-on levels, but I guess that they will work out fine since this is the latest version of Cake Mania 3.
Reading on the Sandlot forums, there appears to be only 1 bug left with this version, and that is the special power in france. Sandlot said that they won't fix it, so I guess we'll be stuck with this.

[Post New]by mckallison on Mar 3, 09 1:32 PM
Another cake mania 3 fiend looking to access the bonus packs. Will we be required to use a game credit to download the latest version. Will the download wipe out the current data (i.e. trophies). Just want to add a voice to the request for instructions to accomplish an upgrade.

[Post New]by XanderTheSlayer on Mar 3, 09 5:03 PM
No, you don't need to use another credit.
And for me it kept my savegame intact, so I believe it will do the same for you.

To get the new version, unistall the one you have, go to your account on Big Fish, Purchase History and download the game again.

[Post New]by MariposaMorada on Apr 1, 09 2:52 PM
I agree with XandertheSlayer. I was having issues with my game and ended up uninstalling it, fully expecting all my game progress to be wiped out, but when I installed it again from this site, my game said it was version 1.004, but it had been a long time since I installed it the first time so I couldn't remember which version Sandlot said you had to have in order to purchase more levels. All my trophies and progress were saved and I ended up with the latest version, so if I end up buying any of the bonus levels, I will post my results here.

[Post New]by ladyfufu526 on May 19, 09 7:24 PM
I find this game totally frustrating, beside the de-froster not working. I am having trouble with the 3rd person in line if it's a fairy in fairy land and a problem in Egypt with the third person in line. I have tried what Sandlot advised and I still can't get it to work. I think that if a game is released and problem found (as in Cape Mania) it should be corrected by Sandlot and an updated version released, but Sandlot says "NO an updated is not being worked on for release" I find this totally unacceptable!

[Post New]by monkeyfries on Jul 26, 14 11:42 PM
I found out about these "bonus packs" like 2 days ago and I wanna know how to get them also I just have to play story mode a few more times to get all the trophys but I do wanna know about these other cake mania 3 others as to I have completed EVERY other cake mania there if on my computer (not 2 cause it won't work or back to the bakery yet) so I need the other packs and idk where to go without buying it again (which I do not want to do)

btw my cake mania 3 works perfectly (exept Idk how to get the de froster in the Palace of Versailles in France but I have not messed up there so maybe it only works when u mess up) but I find no problems in this game

Edited on 07/26/2014 at 11:46:03 PM PST

[Post New]by monkeyfries on Jul 26, 14 11:48 PM
XanderTheSlayer wrote:No, you don't need to use another credit.
And for me it kept my savegame intact, so I believe it will do the same for you.

To get the new version, unistall the one you have, go to your account on Big Fish, Purchase History and download the game again.

if u are reading this (plz be reading this) so do I just uninstall it then go back in my purchuace history then download it again? (pl be reading and reply)

zuix
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by zuix on Aug 18, 14 1:35 PM
Hi Monkey,

Sorry no one replied until now. I don't have this issue, but that would be my guess - uninstall and then re download.

You could also use your BF Client to force a search for updates.

Go to: