[Post New]by cleoladycat on Mar 16, 13 5:46 AM
Any comment fishes?

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

Re:Today's DD March 16 2013

[Post New]by Liasmani on Mar 16, 13 6:01 AM
I really enjoyed playing this game and I highly recommend it. The game has a good length; it would take a few days to complete it. Most of the puzzles/mini-games are moderately hard but isn't too taxing. The main play has an ending there is no need for the bonus chapter.

[Post New]by PissyGalore on Mar 16, 13 11:59 AM
Thank you, Liasman, so the rest of us who are on a budget don't have to shell out extra dollars for the Collector's Edition to enjoy this game. This is why I read the reviews to gauge if it's worth buying the CE.

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Mar 16, 13 4:56 PM
This is such an excellent game, in my opinon. It is a steal at $2.99!

There are 2 modes of play: Regular and Advanced. There were sparkles in advanced mode.

There are voiceovers throughout. There are many characters with voiceovers and I thought that they were above average.

There is a journal with story and docs tabs.

There is no map. That is the only thing that I disliked about this game, as I got lost several times. The layout of scenes is elaborate, with many new areas opening throughout the game. However, you will often have to revisit areas that you encountered in the very beginning of the game, and I found that very difficult to navigate. Unfortunately the hint did not offer any direction.

HOS: There are 18 "find items on a list" HOS. There is some interaction. Scenes will be re-visited 2 or 3 times, but I was not bothered by this because I thought the artwork was beautiful and I had already forgotten where I had seen objects.
There are 8 "replace the objects" HOS. These were outstanding, with some interaction.

Hints: Recharge in approximately 14 secs in Regular Mode and 30 secs in Advanced mode. If you opt for extra help, the hint button does offer assistance in the form of the AAD, which will display an image of an object in your inventory and where it should be used. However, the hint will not help you with direction.

Puzzles: There were 20 puzzles. Some had from 2 to 5 parts/levels. Puzzles could be skipped in 2 mins in Regular and Advanced Mode.

Overall, I am so delighted with this game! I played for approximately 5 hours in regular mode. I played one chapter in advanced mode, and plan to continue on this evening. Hope that I remember the layout, and don't get so lost. The story held my attention, and was wonderfully fluid with a satisfactory conclusion. So often, when I finish games, I ask myself, "What was that all about?". However, not in this case. It was a nice, engaging story, for me. Although the music was repetitive, I found it beautifully suited to the story and unobtrusive. Normally, I mute the sound in games after the first few scenes, but I kept it going throughout this game, as I truly enjoyed the different voiceovers. I would highly recommend this game!

Go to: