Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

what are we spending our money on?

[Post New]by Janeypat on Mar 16, 13 4:35 PM
this is one of the shortest games i have played but enjoyed what i played think that BFG should start putting price bands because this game was not worth the money as most finished within demo
the amount of money we pay should reflect the hours of game play if not what are we paying for
i dont need CE extras just the chance to buy if i want to add loads of extras
just give us games worth there money and this one was'nt one of them

we need to understand what we are getting before we buy

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

Re:what are we spending our money on?

[Post New]by mamajay on Mar 16, 13 7:13 PM
Hi Janeypat

From all accounts, this is indeed a fairly short game, albeit a very interesting one (I am still trying to decide whether or not to get it, lol. If I do, it will be mainly to encourage the Devs, whom I think have done a pretty good job overall for a presumably first game). Hmm, I think I have just made a decision, lol.

Anyhoo, I just wanted to say that very short games used to be the norm for us early HOG players - a game lasting more than 2 hours was a rarity. Now, of course, the short game is the rarity, but we do still get them from time to time. If I really like the game, I just pretend it is longer, lol

If it is part of a series (like the mystic diary games), I will play them one after the other, so it is like playing chapters of a much longer game

Perhaps the abrupt ending that has been mentioned means there will be more of the story to come.

Jen

twinsoniclab
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,464 Posts

spoilers....

[Post New]by twinsoniclab on Mar 16, 13 8:48 PM
There will be spoilers...

It is not the developers first game, but close to it. They did Classic Adventures: The Great Gatsby. But, this one, not counting the length, is very, very good. The little details impressed me. Like how you have to move the hammer just so to hammer the nails, and the hammer turns sideways. Or, aiming the slingshot. Too many games do these things automatically when you click on an inventory item.

I also appreciate how, while you don't have to take notes, you do have to refer to the notebook for codes. None of this post the code next to the puzzle to "help " nonsense"

For me a game needs to be at least 2 or 3 hours beyond the demo time to make it worth the SE price. CE? Don't even get me started!

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Mar 16, 13 9:34 PM
Thanks twinsoniclab, for mentioning that they are the devs who did The Great Gatsby....I love that game, however that one was quite long whereas this one is much shorter, although the graphics are very well done.

If they had made it longer, plus with the nice graphics, it would have been a winner. As it is, after reading all the comments about how short it actually is, I decided against buying it.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Mar 16, 13 9:46 PM
Hi there,
I can't attest to the time for the game in the easier mode, but I did have a most enjoyable albeit puzzling time playing on the harder mode as there were no sparkles etc or instructions for the puzzles available. I finally managed to work out why there was an empty space in the rings for the church door - I was looking for another jewel to fill the empty space initially!!
And I agree about the excellent attention to the details as described by twinsoniclab.
I have paid double the price to see a movie here that I really didn't enjoy - but I did enjoyed this game.
I agree about the ending though.> But am eagerly looking forward to the next instalment. <
As usual for me, most times it is the story and the journey that makes a game worthwhile, not the time taken or ease by which it can be completed.
Then again, my preference is to never play on the easiest mode offered. I understand that others here do choose that path and mean no disrespect as we are all different.
Cheers

mlc9
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mlc9 on Mar 19, 13 6:58 PM
I agree. Way tooooooo short! I am disappointed.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 21, 13 2:14 AM
Heya Fishies,

Thanks for reviewing A Wizard's Curse! It's great to hear that you enjoyed it so much.

As we want to try and keep all reviews in one place, you can find our Reviews for A Wizard's Curse thread stickied to the top of this Forum.

If you'd prefer to just have a chat about the game with other Fishies, you can always go ahead and check out our 'Comments' thread as well!

That way, we can keep the Forum open for any new game questions and we can also collect feedback for the developers much more easily. I'll be locking this thread now but feel free to post in any of the threads mentioned above .

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions!

Happy diving!

bfgBiwa

Go to: