Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

Gardens Inc.: From Rakes to Riches Technical Issues

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Mar 18, 13 1:09 AM
I downloaded the demo and clicked play...only to be told that the game could not run while I had system debuggers active, and that if I wanted to play the game, I would have to turn the debuggers off. That did not sound like a brilliant idea, so I removed the game from my system.

Edited on 04/12/2013 at 9:16:46 AM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Gardens Inc.: From Rakes to Riches Technical Issues

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 18, 13 1:35 AM
Heya Rhysdux,

I'm really sorry that you get that debugger message when you try to play your game!

In cases like this it sometimes helps already to uninstall and reinstall your game.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 18, 13 1:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

tinyzac
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by tinyzac on Mar 18, 13 4:49 AM
im playing on my computer which is brand new and i would enjoy the game if it did not keep freezing or in some cases run very very very slow i have to exit come back runs better but after a couple of clicks same thing happens so will stop playing and hope its better tomorrow

[Post New]by Dot_warrington on Mar 18, 13 5:03 AM
I bought the game but there is a problem on chapter 9 where you can't pick up any rocks from the rock shack. Is there a fix for this please?

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 18, 13 5:20 AM
Heya tinyzac,

I'm so sorry that the game keeps freezing on your computer, that definitely isn't very nice!

Even though you have a new computer it could still be that some of the software that is necessary to play our games could do with an update. The reason for this is that the software for a new computer gets installed while it is being manufactured and won't be updated afterwards, so the software that you get with a new computer could indeed be a bit outdated already. You can find some easy steps on how to get everything up-to-date by clicking here.

Dot_warrington - If an item in the game can't be picked up it could already help to simply uninstall and reinstall your game to make sure that all files are in their right place.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 03/18/2013 at 5:23:42 AM PST

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 18, 13 5:41 AM
ifthis game is still freezing after a rebuild has been released elsewhere...do not buy...i am surprised bfg allowed its release....could of been a great game

themaestro023
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by themaestro023 on Mar 18, 13 6:45 AM
I have a sound problem but only on the main menu and map screens where I get a loud buzzing sound. All the other sounds and music are fine, as I said, it's just on those screens mentioned.

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the same problem arises. My sound card drivers are all up to date and there is no problem on any other game.

[Post New]by Barbwire500 on Mar 18, 13 11:01 AM
I tried this game when it first came out and it has a lot of technical issues. They did a upgrade fix for this game and it did not work. They are suppose to be still working on a new fix. I decided to download from Bigfish and try it and it still has all the technical issues so it is a no buy for me.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 18, 13 1:38 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to see you're having trouble with this game.

If you haven't already done so, please run a Dr. Felix Report and send it in to our Tech Support Team. It will have a lot of info we can use to pinpoint where these issues are coming from and even how they might be fixed.

It will also be helpful to have as many Dr. Felixes as possible because that will help us see if there are any trends or difference among operating systems.

You can read more about collecting that info and sending it over in the post we've created here.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Clairebs
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by Clairebs on Mar 18, 13 3:17 PM
It played fine until level 28. When I tried to upgrade seed shack (2nd upgrade I think) the worker just stayed there hammering. I couldn't pick up seeds or shoot the raven. The rest of the game seemed to run fine around it but I couldn't progress without the seeds.

[Post New]by kitten051901 on Mar 18, 13 4:31 PM
I am having problems with the game lagging thus making it very difficult to play. I love the game and would really like to if anyone else has/had this problem and if so what you did to fix it. I have never had this problem before with a game and find it really frustrating. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

debilou
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by debilou on Mar 18, 13 4:34 PM
I am having problems with this game also. When I try to play the game opens and it is all pixilated on the screen. I also had this same problem with this developer's other game (Aerie-Spirit of the Forest) when I tried playing.

Has anyone else had this problem with these games?

[Post New]by luriegreat on Mar 18, 13 7:37 PM
Mine was fine until level 26. gets in a loop at the second pier. Won't upgrade the pier or the hunter keeps shooting ravens that aren't there and never clears any other ones.

[Post New]by lilpollyesther on Mar 18, 13 8:44 PM
Nice little game that I would buy, except the cursor floats, the game lags and stutters, so it would be impossible to get any where near the time limits for gold. Very frustrating...too bad.

nekosteph
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by nekosteph on Mar 19, 13 12:28 AM
Would love the game but the cursor floats making it very frustrating and at times impossible to get gold on some levels. I like quick click on a task and the floating cursor prevents that.

I have uninstalled and re-installed. The problem is still there.

Edited on 03/19/2013 at 12:29:07 AM PST

[Post New]by dancingsiberians on Mar 19, 13 3:18 AM
I am also having a problem with the floating cursor. If anyone figures out how to fix this, please post your solution. For info: I am using Vista and have updated everything I can think of.

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Mar 19, 13 3:33 AM
The game is jerky and jumpy. It always seems like my cursor is 2 steps ahead. Too bad..it looked like fun.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 19, 13 4:55 AM
bummer i was hoping that bfg had not accepted it without a fix,,,allready bought at another site,,,there was a rebuild,,,obviously not fixed...would have rebought if there was

redw00d
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by redw00d on Mar 19, 13 5:49 AM
Floating cursor problem for me as well - I have 4GB memory and updated drivers.

This is the developer's bug, not a client side issue.

So want to play TMG builder games - which should be a different category than the dinner dash type.

Sigh, already bought as the problem showed up on level 11, past the demo time.

Please provide a fix BFG!

Go to: