peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Comments for Vampires: Todd & Jessica's Story

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 19, 13 1:19 AM
Well, this should be good. I did the demo and there is no WT as yet. So, no doubt we will have some unhappy people. But then again, I am sure that there are others that will pop into the forums to help.
There is a choice of 2 difficulty levels which can be changed during the game.
I look forward to reading what others say.

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

Re:Comments for Vampires: Todd & Jessica's Story

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Mar 19, 13 1:30 AM
What's with the hint button?
All I get is some slashes on the side of the screen. Any one else the same or am I missing something??
It seems an OK game, bit heavy on the Ho scenes for me though.

I was missing something!! It was telling me to use one item on another if any one has the same confusion

Edited on 03/19/2013 at 1:33:08 AM PST

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Mar 19, 13 1:35 AM
katejoe999 wrote:What's with the hint button?
All I get is some slashes on the side of the screen. Any one else the same or am I missing something??

I was missing something!! It was telling me to use one item on another if any one has the same confusion

I hear you KateJoe999, wait till you try the arrows, thats fun

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Mar 19, 13 1:42 AM
Yeah the hint was strange. Also in the description it says about 'mind bending puzzles', I came across two and they were ordinary and simple. 20% off is probably what it is worth.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Mar 19, 13 1:49 AM
The hint button is terrible!
I found the game boring. May be it's get better.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 19, 13 1:55 AM
katejoe999 wrote:What's with the hint button?

Chances are that you need to combine a couple of inventory items. Hope this helps.

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Mar 19, 13 2:03 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:The hint button is terrible!
I found the game boring. May be it's get better.

Totally agree Dobbie! And to me it seems it doesn't get better so... no buy here, even with 20% off.

(of course it doesn't help that I don't like vampire stories in the first place...)

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Mar 19, 13 2:15 AM
I quite like this game, I don't have any issues at all with the hint button so I don't know what people mean, same thing with the arrows. I love the hidden object scenes and I find the story interesting...the only thing I find irritating is the music so I turned it off...besides that, I think I will get this game at the sale price...I have seen alot worse games than this one

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Mar 19, 13 2:16 AM
I actually liked it - not a buy, maybe on daily deal. Old fashioned HO scenes and the atmosphere was pretty but made it really hard to see the items. The hint was ok, but hard to understand - you do have to combine items and that was hard to figure. Like the story, but just a so-so game.

CelticCoco

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Sept24 on Mar 19, 13 2:36 AM
Boring. Nothing special about this game at all IMO. Please give us more games like Dreamscape: The Sandman.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Mar 19, 13 2:40 AM

The story is pure melodramatic hocum - but, the gameplay isn't too bad.

There is interesting inventory use, for instance:
Spoiler:
The saw is sharpened with the file. The shovel handle is a spear.

I will put this game on a "Buy if DD" list.

Edited on 03/19/2013 at 2:42:04 AM PST

Koffie99
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Koffie99 on Mar 19, 13 4:24 AM
Very slow game. Normally play the full demo but quit after 5 mins. Shame! Was looking forward to a good game today!

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on Mar 19, 13 5:55 AM
I have not done the demo on this one yet but lots of hidden ojbects scenes sounds good to me.

katejoe999 wrote:It seems an OK game, bit heavy on the Ho scenes for me though.

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Mar 19, 13 6:16 AM
The HO scenes are terrible, IMHO..some objects are really small and graphics are blurry, not to mention the "foggy" lighting. Overall gameplay is sluggish, cutscenes are meandering and slow. Hint makes no sense unless it's used in an HO. Sorry, it's not my bag, baby.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Mar 19, 13 6:55 AM
Finding this game extremely frustrating. I've only got to the graveyard but don't seem to be able to go any further. Whichever way I try to go, I end up at the front door of the house. Navigation is very difficult and because of this, I think I will give this a miss until there is a walkthrough.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Mar 19, 13 7:18 AM
janspack wrote:Finding this game extremely frustrating. I've only got to the graveyard but don't seem to be able to go any further. Whichever way I try to go, I end up at the front door of the house. Navigation is very difficult and because of this, I think I will give this a miss until there is a walkthrough.

You need to combine two items from inventory to move on. But don't expect things to change, it keeps on being a frustrating game.

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Mar 19, 13 7:25 AM
Overall not a bad game. One thing that did bug me was the first cut scene where they are talking but their lips did not move. For some reason I found that a little creepy. I also wish the could have made the mini puzzles a little more challenging like promises in the writeup. All that said its a okay game but has alot of HOs which will please those who love them.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 19, 13 9:04 AM
cathyok wrote:Overall not a bad game. One thing that did bug me was the first cut scene where they are talking but their lips did not move. For some reason I found that a little creepy. I also wish the could have made the mini puzzles a little more challenging like promises in the writeup. All that said its a okay game but has alot of HOs which will please those who love them.

LOL! I am with you. BUT, wait until you get to picking the toys up with the machine and even worse, trying to open a door with a fishing rod!

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Mar 19, 13 9:22 AM
I played this game a few days ago on another site and got stuck so bad I don't remember where I was just that I tried to look for a WT with no luck. Every hint said something like 'nothing to do here' and I couldn't find anyplace else to go. I eventually dumped the game. I'll try here on BF and see if it was a glitch or just me not using my noggin.

ETA: The other site I demo'd this from has deleted it from their inventory I wanted to get other's opinions and the game is just gone

Edited on 03/19/2013 at 11:26:58 AM PST

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Mar 19, 13 10:24 AM
It could have been a good game, but it just doesn't do anything for me. You have no direction and go back and forth for HOG's and hints do no good. Story is slow moving and won't be a buy for me.

Go to: