mr7933
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

Chapter 40

[Post New]by mr7933 on Mar 19, 13 7:23 PM
I can't get past this level. Way too many thieves to get anything done. The video walk through doesn't help me, so any other help would be great. Thanks.

suki26
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:Chapter 40

[Post New]by suki26 on Mar 19, 13 9:33 PM
Just ignore the thieves and the big pile of debris at the top that blocks the security hut, until you get right near the end of the level.

Build both the gardens first, then clear that big pile, build the security hut and chase off however many thieves you have to (can't remember if it's 4 or 6).

I managed this with only a few seconds to spare, so I found it one of the hardest levels of the whole game. But it can be done.

Good luck!

sipason
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by sipason on Mar 20, 13 5:01 AM
Cash is the most important resource in this level.
Use cash bonus and time stop bonus whenever if possible.

Thieves steal cash from workers they meet.
So, don't collect anything on the map unless you really need it.
(Especially bricks. It's useless except repairing stone stairs and building security shack.)

Oh, thieves can't steal something if there is no cash at all!
You may wait until you've gathered enough cash to plant a flower, or remove debris, then send workers immediately so the cash may stay at 0, thus preventing pickpocketing.

Never upgrade a building.
Upgrade costs a lot of resources and cash, but it doesn't pay off in this level.
(However, the truck must be upgraded once to remove debris.)

Edited on 03/20/2013 at 5:02:15 AM PST

Wolverine257
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Wolverine257 on Mar 20, 13 1:45 PM
OK - so the burglars are stealing $$ from my workers and that's why it randomly disappears. Good to know.

Do you have to pay the workers to pick stuff up? Sometimes I get the orange circle around open resources and it won't let me pick them up. Is this a bug or some part of the game play.

Same goes for the security guy, sometimes I just can't click on the burglars to make him go chase them off.

gamegirl8
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by gamegirl8 on Mar 21, 13 12:29 PM
The best strategy I found is as follows:
General principles:
Try to avoid theives when it is convenient, but don't worry too much about it to the detriment of your time.
Collect tools & seeds ONLY.
Use extra gold and time stop bonuses.
Order I did things:
(Some of these may be done simultaneously, depending on your gold reserves)
1. Collect the resources sitting on the street & tool shack and upgrade the truck.
3. Work your way to the seed shack, including removing the log in front of the wood shack, & build it.
4. Plant flowers above & below truck when possible.
5. Remove debris above the truck & work your way to the upper garden.
6. Build the upper garden.
7. Remove debris on street near truck.
8. Build security shack. Start catching thieves - focus on those going below the truck, since that's the garden that still needs work.
9. Work your way to lower garden & build it.

petit99
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by petit99 on Mar 23, 13 8:09 AM
i tried the level as described but couldn't do it.

what i did was this: i collected everything in the street, updated truck, cleared debris in road then built security. i collected everything i could, cleared all paths, used stop time and money, locked up thieves when they appeared. the gardens should be totally different. i got gold and bonus. hope this helps!

[Post New]by jivvyssweety on Mar 24, 13 8:37 PM
The only way I could beat this one was to use the speed-up (or fast walker) button as much as possible and the time stop as a 2nd resort. For some reason when I pressed the speed up button the cash would add up more quickly and allowed me to beat the level. Nothing else worked for me on this level.

janinewhite
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by janinewhite on Mar 26, 13 9:30 PM
I also built the security shack at the beginning. It was the only way i got gold and bonus. Every other way I ran out of time for "gold".

Wolverine257
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Wolverine257 on Mar 26, 13 10:46 PM
I've done it both ways, and they both have their issues. Whether you do the security office first or start clearing for the gardens first, you definitely have avoid the burglars or they will steal money from the workers or your materials from the shacks which will cause major delays and completely screw up your ability to get gold.

sam1am07
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by sam1am07 on Mar 29, 13 4:52 AM
I tried petit99's strategy and it worked for me. Thanks!

[Post New]by neva41 on Apr 1, 13 4:23 PM
Thanks everyone for your tips. Finially got through it all gold. The hardest one for me was 40 I made it with 9 seconds left. Again thank you all

Mettefreja
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Mettefreja on Apr 3, 13 12:55 PM
Another thank you for the tip - ignoring the burglars worked for me with lots of time to spare.

[Post New]by vickibn on Apr 6, 13 6:40 AM
Why wont it let me gather any more cash on level 40 when I run out?

Aim70
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Aim70 on Apr 6, 13 1:08 PM
vickibn wrote:Why wont it let me gather any more cash on level 40 when I run out?

Plant flowers as soon as you can. They bring in cash. Use the fast cash bonus whenever you can and avoid burglars. I finally got gold by building the security hut first, caught burglars when I could and tried to avoid them as best as possible. It's a really tight squeeze and I think sometimes you just have burglars that aren't as much of a nuisance if you keep replaying the level and you just get lucky.

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Nov 23, 13 12:49 PM
I FINALLY made gold with the bonus on this level. First off, nab the tools and seeds at the left and clear your way to the seed shed to the right. Planting the upper flowers (that match the potted plants) as quickly as possible is critical. Use time freeze and increased money as much as possible.

Then clear the trash on the road and build the Security Shed. Don't bother picking up wood as you can lose too much money that way by running into thieves. Time your trips to pick up seeds when there isn't a thief between the worker and the truck.

A lot of it is keeping an eye on the thieves and working around them; once you catch the 6 required, they almost go away.

It took me about 15 tries on this level but I finally got the Gold, the Bonus and Beat the Developer Record. But yeah, this is one of the hardest levels, right along with 36.

Go to: