bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Scrabble technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 20, 13 12:41 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

kittyfish51
Marlin
Marlin
8,439 Posts

Re:Post any Scrabble technical issues here only

[Post New]by kittyfish51 on Mar 20, 13 12:59 AM
I love Scrabble!! I D/L the demo and tried to play. I hit the play from my Game Manager.

It takes a few seconds and the GM pops up with the Play Again option - no minutes have been used from the demo.

I have deleted and reloaded 2X and the same problem - are others having this problem as well?? Any ideas??

Just to add I have a PC.....

Edited on 03/20/2013 at 1:00:58 AM PST

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Mar 20, 13 1:29 AM
Did you click the "Play Again" button when it came up? Usually that just starts up the demo game. I've seen that quirk in other demos.

ElderJen
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by ElderJen on Mar 20, 13 1:41 AM
When I tried to open this game it told me my drivers were not up to date and then gave me a black screen. I have checked and my drivers are all up to date. Don't know what this is about at all.

kittyfish51
Marlin
Marlin
8,439 Posts

[Post New]by kittyfish51 on Mar 20, 13 1:42 AM
Thanks Bpup! I tried that and it still does not work.... I am bummed

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 20, 13 2:36 AM
Hi Fishies,

kittyfish51 - I'm sorry to see that you have had this trouble.

When a game fails to open for you, crashing before loading up, this usually indicates that the game and computer are not communicating with one another as well as they could.

The best way of ensuring the game will load up for you without issue is to have a look at the help article here, for some great advice on updates you can run to help the computer handle the game more effectively.

ElderJen - If you have checked that your drivers are up to date already, my best suggestion would be to run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. This will allow the Team to pinpoint exactly what is going on as sometimes an issue like this can affect other games too so checking this out now is a good idea.

Similarly, the Team will be glad to help you out also kittyfish51 if needs be.

Thank you for working with us and hoping these issues are resolved soon.

bfgBaikal

Edited on 03/20/2013 at 2:36:52 AM PST

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Mar 20, 13 2:52 AM
ElderJen wrote:When I tried to open this game it told me my drivers were not up to date and then gave me a black screen. I have checked and my drivers are all up to date. Don't know what this is about at all.

I also got this message box about my drivers; I checked the "OK" box, and then the game started, and it seemed to run without any problems.

fairlaine
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by fairlaine on Mar 20, 13 3:09 AM
I am told that my window mode does not support this game and it opens up in a very small screen.Am running windows 7 on a laptop

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 20, 13 3:52 AM
Hi Fishies,

alvertis5706 - thanks for letting us know that message did not cause an issue for you, I will pass that along as this will help us isolate what is going on here.

fairlaine - have you checked your screen resolution and updated your drivers already?

If not, I would suggest trying to make those adjustments as the first port of call.

If that fails, I would encourage you to work with Tech Support so they can offer some more dedicated support.

This issue could be caused by the type of machine you are using so if you do contact support, it would be most helpful to include Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report report. That will help us to make accurate suggestions from the outset.

I hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 03/20/2013 at 3:52:21 AM PST

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Mar 20, 13 4:08 AM
When I tried to run this game it came up with message that it does not support my screen resolution and then went into black screen with "out of range" message.

I know how to alter it but am not going to bother as i think it should be built into the program that it automatically does it for you and then changes back when you close the game (as a lot of other games do). So although I love scrabble it is a no buy for me.

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Mar 20, 13 11:47 AM
The demo ran fine, but the full game will not open. Just keeps saying "scrabble.exe has encountered a problem and has to close". Uninstalled and re-installed at the suggestion of Live Chat, same thing happened. Very bummed, as this is the first game in a while I've been interested in, and I found the demo very fun.

Hope this can be resolved; waiting on an e-mail from LC with Dr. Felix.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 21, 13 2:18 AM
Heya Fishies,

calsmom2001 - That definitely isn't nice and I hope everything can be solved together with our Tech Support!

lindaa1 - The error that you see is often connected to the drivers of your graphic card being in need of an update to be able to adjust to the game properly. You can find some easy steps on how to do that by clicking here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 21, 13 8:33 AM
alvertis5706 wrote:
ElderJen wrote:When I tried to open this game it told me my drivers were not up to date and then gave me a black screen. I have checked and my drivers are all up to date. Don't know what this is about at all.

I also got this message box about my drivers; I checked the "OK" box, and then the game started, and it seemed to run without any problems.

Exactly what I got, and exactly what I did. Bit of a cheek, this pathetically small game telling me that my system video driver is out of date, especially since not only I can play the game just fine, but never have problems with other games.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 21, 13 9:38 AM
Hey Valdy,

I'm sorry to hear that you too are receiving that same driver message. Happy to hear that the game played on OK but how weird!

If you'd like to write in to our Tech Support with a Dr. Felix we'll be able to collect information to help figure out why that may be happening.

Just click here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thanks!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by brandyysnapp on Mar 21, 13 7:28 PM
I have the old Scrabble CD for Mac OS9 so I was glad to see it come out for my Mac, but this version is for OS10.7/8 and I'm still at OS10.5 !!

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Mar 22, 13 7:36 PM
I am still playing the demo (I'm glad I have not purchased this game!). When I click on "play" I am kicked out of BF completely. When I exit the game I am still outside BF with no onscreen icon for BF or Scrabble (I'm using Windows 7). If I try to play another game I get an error message (I think it's #309 but I'm not going back to see) - "Oops, something's not right" - that message. Scrabble shows up as the last game played but there is no onscreen icon to click on to get back into it to try to exit again. I can't play any other game. Clicking on Scrabble in BF results in the same error message. Evidently I am still playing Scrabble but it is showing up as the last game played and I can't continue in the game or exit the game.

I can check out but I can never leave?

I had to restart my computer.

I don't think it's worth the hassle to have to do that every time I want to play this game. I also lost my wallpaper which I now have to reinstall.

I've had problems with the last two games I have played; one of which I purchased and now I have to ask for a refund. I love Scrabble and would purchase it but not if it's going to be like this! I am a frustrated, unhappy minnow who can't get anyone real to play Scrabble with and even the computer won't play with me.

Edited on 03/22/2013 at 7:40:23 PM PST

star82601
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by star82601 on Mar 23, 13 6:47 AM
my scrabble has no enter to search the dictionary for a word-did I miss it?

Wakame
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by Wakame on Mar 23, 13 7:49 AM
I played the demo OK and the game for a few hours.

Everything was fine until I accidentally shut down my computer in the middle of the game ( PC tower on/off button is too close to my foot ).

Now, every time I try to play I get "scrabble.exe has encountered a problem and has to close".

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but get the same message every time.

Update: it seems to have sorted itself. I think my antivirus, which autoruns on start-up, must have been conflicting with it.

Phew! Back to the game!

Edited on 03/23/2013 at 8:03:00 AM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 24, 13 3:37 AM
Heya Jurinne,

I'm sorry to hear that Scrabble won't really open on your computer .

It sounds to me like there might be some problems processing the game. This can happen when some of the software on your computer is in need of an update before it can play the game. You can easily get everything up--to-date with the steps that you can find here.

star82601 - That does sound a bit odd indeed. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game might solve the problem though as it will get all files for the game back in place.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Mar 25, 13 12:28 PM
star82601 wrote:my scrabble has no enter to search the dictionary for a word-did I miss it?

It seems that you should be able to click on the magnifying glass to the right in the field where you enter the word, but it doesn't work. What does work is to enter your word, then push "enter" on your keyboard.

Go to: