Wolverine257
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

Tips - Level 42 without negative watches

[Post New]by Wolverine257 on Mar 20, 13 3:30 PM
COMPLETELY IGNORE the big pile of debris and the Trading Outpost in the upper left corner, it's expensive and you don't need it. You'll get more money and use less time if you avoid the red negative watches, wait to clear the big piles from the paths, and don't build the trading outpost.

Use Work Faster to clear in front of the truck and start going down the right side, picking up resources, clearing trash & wood piles.

Upgrade the truck to 3 workers. Use Stop Clock and Earn Faster bonuses as they appear... don't clear anything big, JUST WAIT.

When you have 15 tools and 50 cash, clear the big pile of debris in front of the General Shack and build it.

Now start clearing debris toward the Animal Hunter and Water Shacks using the Stop Clock and Earn Faster Bonuses.

While you're waiting, pick up all tools and resources as they come up... the ravens will eat your seeds if you don't pick them up fast enough.

When you have 15 tools and 50 cash, clear the big pile of debris in front of the Animal Hunter and build it.

Clear two ravens (12 o'clock & 6 o'clock) and plant 2 trees the same color.

When you have 15 tools and 50 cash, clear the big pile of debris in front of the Water Shack, clear the trash down to it and build it.

Start watering your trees and clear the rest of the ravens.

When you have 15 tools and 50 cash, clear the big pile of debris in front of the Altar and build it.

Keep alternating between Stop Clock and Earn Money, sacrificing at the Altar as necessary.

Upgrade your Water Shack to 3 Waterboys and plant 4 trees of the same color that are different from the trees you planted at 6 & 12.

Keep alternating between Stop Clock and Run Faster, sacrificing at the Altar as needed.

Edited on 03/20/2013 at 3:35:21 PM PST

hyperbole
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

Re:Tips - Level 42 without negative watches

[Post New]by hyperbole on Mar 21, 13 2:00 AM
Thank you! I wasn't having any luck using the method in the walkthrough and was driving myself crazy trying to figure this one out. I did tweak your instructions a little though.

I started by using work fast and making a dash for the seed in the lower left. The arrival of the crows is random, so if you're very lucky (or you restart a lot) you can make it there before the crows steal the seed. That seed lets you plant as soon as you clear the crows and collect enough money.

After that I followed your instructions, just switching the order of piles cleared to:
Animal Hunter -> General Shack -> Water Shack -> Alter.

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Mar 21, 13 8:16 AM
Oh my goodness! Worked like a dream! Thank you so much, and.....finally did get it started when the ravens did not come in quite so early, so got the seeds.

[Post New]by ksinibaldi01 on Mar 21, 13 12:45 PM
Geez I feel stupid now! Just took some patience, this was the only level I wasn't able to get gold on.

Thanks!

Wolverine257
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Wolverine257 on Mar 21, 13 12:48 PM
With my screen lag and floaty cursor issues, I can't make the mad dash for the seeds at the bottom

But you get plenty of seeds from the multi-shack if you ignore those first ones. I think I had enough seeds to plant 3-4 beds by the time I'd gotten the animal controller and water shack built, then got seeds for the remaining beds as I was upgrading the water shack and watering the ones I'd already planted. Still had about 3 minutes left on the gold timer doing it the "slow way" LOL.

shazoz
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by shazoz on Mar 22, 13 12:10 PM
Thanks a million for this one....I was having all sorts of trouble with it. I too ignored the seeds & waited for the multi shack. Beat the Devs record, so it does work. Cheers Shazoz

[Post New]by fall94 on Mar 30, 13 5:31 PM
I don't know how many times I tried this level, but I finally got it with gold with 1 sec to spare. Did not worry about the seeds at the bottom. Thank you for your help

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Mar 31, 13 10:25 AM
This worked perfectly, Wolverine257! It was just painstaking waiting for the cash to accumulate.

julesy

Wolverine257
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Wolverine257 on Apr 1, 13 3:55 AM
julesyhedgehog wrote:This worked perfectly, Wolverine257! It was just painstaking waiting for the cash to accumulate.

julesy

LOL - I know!! It feels so unnatural in these games to have your workers sit around twiddling their thumbs, but sometimes it ends up being the best option

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on May 12, 13 7:40 PM
Still not getting it. ggrrrrrrr!

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on May 12, 13 8:24 PM
Got it finally. Jeez, what a frustrating game!

Go to: