bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

The Mac version is here! March 21, 2013

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 21, 13 12:45 AM
You can give this game a go by going to the game page here. The gameplay will be the same across both PC and Mac platforms, so please feel free to use this Forum for any questions, tips and tricks with other Secrets of the Dark: Mystery of the Ancestral Estate Collector's Edition players.

If you encounter any technical trouble with your Mac game, we recommend checking our Mac Game Errors help article.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Tech Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of the Help pages.

For questions about how to use the Forums, please click the FAQ link to the right of this page.

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

Re:The Mac version is here! March 21, 2013

[Post New]by bajacalla on Apr 23, 13 1:49 PM
I'm only posting here because the "Centering" thread is closed and those of us with technical problems are being immediately referred to Customer Support, and I'm on a Mac.

this is the 4th or 5th BF game that I've been unable to play. if I can't play it, I can't buy it. and yet, not one of these games with these issues have ever had them resolved.

the game screen is cut off on the bottom, so I cannot access most of the inventory items or return to the menu.

there is a Menu Bar at the top of the screen with only one option available: Quit.

no amount of adjusting the aspect ration, screen resolution, or closing one eye and hopping on one foot does anything. can't play in windowed mode because none of the screen resolutions apparently support that option.

I'm really going to whine here, because I've contacted Customer Support on every other one of these problem games with no solution. none.

ok, I'm done. slap my hand and tell me to contact Customer Support.

mostly what I've been doing is advising friends with Macs not to download games from Big Fish, and I've been a member for years.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:The Mac version is here! March 21, 2013

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 23, 13 3:40 PM
Hi bajacalla,

I double-checked with our Mac Support Team and it sounds like you're running into an issue we are aware of with certain video cards not displaying games correctly. We've posted some more detailed information about this over in our announcement here.

We have been working with the appropriate teams at the game development companies to help them get these problems addressed, but it is a complicated process. As soon as we have some more information about how this may be resolved, we'll be sure to let everyone know.

You can also definitely continue to get in touch with our Mac Support Team regarding specific games that are not working correctly and they'll be happy to work with you to get the best resolution possible for you right now.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: