DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Informal discussion and comments regarding this surprise CE for TGT.

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Mar 21, 13 12:59 AM
Hi there,
Well, this game has arrived as a surprise for most of us (except for Carnac shadowfax).
I have enjoyed both of the previous games in this series and am looking forward to some serious changes of light!
This game is installing now, so I hope to play soon and look forward to seeing other's responses.
Cheers

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

Informal discussion and comments regarding this surprise CE for TGT.

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Mar 21, 13 1:31 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there,
Well, this game has arrived as a surprise for most of us (except for Carnac shadowfax).
I have enjoyed both of the previous games in this series and am looking forward to some serious changes of light!
This game is installing now, so I hope to play soon and look forward to seeing other's responses.
Cheers

Hi DLO,
I also had a chuckle when I saw the release of today.I really must get Shadow to look into her crystal ball for me, she is good!
Ok all downloaded, im off to escape into Greece for a while...toodle pip..

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

Re:Informal discussion and comments regarding this surprise CE for TGT.

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Mar 21, 13 2:07 AM
Well, let me begin with..detective! never ever open the coffin lid,ever!
Great graphics, for the fishies who want a change from the normal hogs, you will love this, pick a bit up put it down , get a list to find some more...( good luck finding the canon ball )

I do like it, but feel I will wait for the SE, no bells and whistles, no collectables or morphs,

Izziewizz
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Izziewizz on Mar 21, 13 2:12 AM
No collectibles or morphs? No buy as a CE for me, then. Not even a map? Hmmm - I've seen games come out as "deluxe" versions before now, and I think this might have been more suitable as one of those.

flossytj
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by flossytj on Mar 21, 13 2:20 AM
Have played the other games in this series, but found I wasn't immediately hooked in this one. Completed the demo in 20 mins, so I am put off to buy the ce, may get the se but will wait and see.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Mar 21, 13 2:25 AM
Aaaawww...my "puppets" ran away... , and I waited for them so much...

The bright side is, that I don't have to read the main "traditional" hostile review...

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Mar 21, 13 2:28 AM

Well, I'm thrilled with this new Secrets of the Dark coming unexpectedly.

I was not going to return to Joyville, anyway.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Mar 21, 13 2:28 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Aaaawww...my "puppets" ran away... , and I waited for them so much...

The bright side is, that I don't have to read the main "traditional" hostile review...

I'm with Rebeca - was hoping for my puppets today. Well, guess I'll survive. This looks nice, but where are the extras?? I didn't see any!

CelticCoco

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Mar 21, 13 2:33 AM
This is a surprise but..........no collectibles, morphs, trophies? If all we get for a CE is the SG and a bonus game I think I will wait for the SE and WT, simply not worth it for me! Not interested in the other *extras*.............Happy gaming!

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Mar 21, 13 2:38 AM
I loved the other two in this series, but this one is not as compelling. So far, not enough switching back and forth from day to night for my taste. I will probably wait for the SE, but it's still a buy for me.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Mar 21, 13 2:40 AM
He everybody!

We haven't seen a game from this dev in a while, I missed them, but now I see why. Ohh they put out a good one. I too am totally loving this game. I remember in the previous games how the light changes the appearance of the rooms. That is so cool. This is really going to be one awesome game to play. I am looking forward to see what is going to happen. Have to make little notes to myself on what went on before and after the light changes lol. I hope you all enjoy this game as much. Happy gaming all!

Sassy

Edited on 03/21/2013 at 2:43:55 AM PST

sandyterryb
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by sandyterryb on Mar 21, 13 2:43 AM
It appears to be a nice enough game. However I feel we are expecting a bit more from our CE`s such as morphing objects and a map that lets you jump from one area to another. When you ask what to do or where to go you get a picture of the area. I feel it`s not worth the price of a CE but may get it as a SE with one of my credits.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Mar 21, 13 2:59 AM
sandyterryb wrote:It appears to be a nice enough game. However I feel we are expecting a bit more from our CE`s such as morphing objects and a map that lets you jump from one area to another. When you ask what to do or where to go you get a picture of the area. I feel it`s not worth the price of a CE but may get it as a SE with one of my credits.

In comment to your sentence 'However I feel 'WE' are expecting a bit more.

I totally disagree and don't include me in the 'WE'.

This is a beautiful game and the devs did a superb job on the game. The voice acting is top notched. Yes I do love the jump maps to but I don't miss it in the least. I can't get around just fine without one. Just explore and see what is going on. If I get totally lost then I look at the guide for help. But I usually look on my own and try to do it myself before I refer to the guide. I try to look at the game like a big puzzle in a sense. You have to look at the angles of all the possibilities to put everything into a neat little package. If need be I write myself little notes to remind myself of what happened earlier.

When asked what to do or where to go, that is another thing I write little notes for to remind myself. Usually if it's something import to remember what something looks like, look in the journal as it usually has it. If there is a certain symbol code that has to be remembered and it's not in the journal, I copy it down.

With the morphing objects, yes they're cool, but I don't miss them. I prefer my games without them because I get so involved in the game, that I sometimes forget to look for them, or look in my guide to where the next one is.

This game is beautifully done just the way it is. The dev did a superior job. There is one big note I would love to point out. I love how this team put a restart button on their puzzles. I know there is a couple of other devs that do this. I wish all devs would follow suit in this because it beats skipping the puzzle, and if I get stuck, I could refer to the guide. Thank you.

On a side note, every time I pick up an object, it sounds as if I am opening a soda can lol.

Edited on 03/21/2013 at 3:15:35 AM PST

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Mar 21, 13 3:33 AM
I played the entire sample of the game demo and it is indeed a lovely game.

The graphics, gameplay, story line and music are very well done!

However, when I pay CE prices I expect the bells and whistles that I am used to in a CE. This is to me the whole CE package.

I know that many do not care for the extras (wallpapers, concept art and whatever else) excepting the bonus play and/or the SG.
That is all well and good, to each his/her own, however, I Do!

During the demo I did not need the SG at all.

So no extras and no need for the SG adds up to a no buy for me at a CE price, not even the ones I purchased during the 30% off sale.

I look forward to playing this game after I have purchased it on sale!

Happy Gaming All!
BK

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Mar 21, 13 4:02 AM
sandyterryb wrote:It appears to be a nice enough game. However I feel we are expecting a bit more from our CE`s such as morphing objects and a map that lets you jump from one area to another. When you ask what to do or where to go you get a picture of the area. I feel it`s not worth the price of a CE but may get it as a SE with one of my credits.

Very good point, sandyterryb, there are so many ultra high quality games from so many that I believe you are correct----we have come to expect more in the CEs than this particular game offers. Although I have no interest in the concept art, music, etc., others do like those things a lot. And, in this game, I notice there is no effort at synchronization in the voice acting at all----a small thing other games DO take care of. But the main thing for me is that the game is fun to play, and a huge improvement from the very dismal previous effort. So it's not really a match for some of the very top games, but I still bought and recommend it.
Thanks for your input.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Mar 21, 13 4:25 AM
jkuci wrote:

You know, you're right, it's a nice surprise when a new game we weren't expecting is released.

And the prospect of Felicity's (or whoever) reappearance wasn't thrilling for me, either.

Mhhu
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,439 Posts

[Post New]by Mhhu on Mar 21, 13 4:33 AM
cbtx wrote:

Very good point, sandyterryb, there are so many ultra high quality games from so many that I believe you are correct----we have come to expect more in the CEs than this particular game offers. Although I have no interest in the concept art, music, etc., others do like those things a lot. And, in this game, I notice there is no effort at synchronization in the voice acting at all----a small thing other games DO take care of. But the main thing for me is that the game is fun to play, and a huge improvement from the very dismal previous effort. So it's not really a match for some of the very top games, but I still bought and recommend it.
Thanks for your input.

Well, this CE announcement was a pleasant surprise this morning! Despite an intro that I found rather disappointing, I was soon interested in the somewhat different HO's and puzzles, and smooth gameplay. I couldn't refrain myself from finding out more and so I also bought the game. I gather that I hoped the devs had some surprises in store for us but no!

This is a beautiful game which I am thoroughly enjoying but I feel cheated having purchased it as a CE. I now understand why it is being released as part of a bundle sale, which I couldn't even take advantage of as I already owned the other two. BFG, this is a let down. In my opinion, this edition is not CE material: it offers nothing besides a strategy guide that is barely needed (the hint system is excellent), a bonus chapter and a reply of the mini-games. It does not even offer wallpapers, artwork, etc.. which some of us have no use for but others do appreciate. I have yet to find out how long the game really is and am beginning to worry in this area too. 5 Chapters, and within an hour I am already well into the second one.

I do recommend this game as, all in all I find it very enjoyable, but as SE only! As for me, well I think I just learnt a lesson, the hard way

Edited on 03/21/2013 at 7:51:29 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 21, 13 5:04 AM
cbtx wrote:
jkuci wrote:

You know, you're right, it's a nice surprise when a new game we weren't expecting is released.

And the prospect of Felicity's (or whoever) reappearance wasn't thrilling for me, either.

I assume this means that yet another in the seemingly endless Puppet Show series was expected today but hasn't materialised? There's a bright side to everything then

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Mar 21, 13 5:12 AM
Maybe a lot of you feel cheated by this one as a CE but for me I loved the other ones in this series and this one is just as well done. I would have liked a map but I think that is just because I haven gotten spoiled because so many of the games include one so we can be a little lazy and not do the work moving around on our own. Very well done Devs on all levels!

MaryEl
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by MaryEl on Mar 21, 13 5:22 AM
I am installing game now to try it out. Did not really care for others in the series, but maybe this one has improved. However, I was so wishing for the Puppetshow game. I know some don't care for the Puppets but I know there are many, many who like it. So don't knock it. Don't like it? Then don't buy it! Different strokes for different folks.

Go to: