[Post New]by cleoladycat on Mar 21, 13 4:09 AM
Any comments fishes?

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

Re:Today's DD 21 2013

[Post New]by shagwendy on Mar 21, 13 5:04 AM
I hated this game. I hated it so much I asked to exchange it and I've never done that before. That doesn't mean anyone else will hate it, but I sure did. There is no hint button. I would get stuck, look at the walkthru and do what it said and then be immediately stuck again. Rinse and repeat. There was no joy in Wendyville when Pahelika took the bat

This is an adventure game with no hidden object scenes and no hint button. If you want to play a harder type game, this would be it. Happy gaming

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Mar 21, 13 5:54 AM
I was laughing reading shagwendy's post. Not that I hated Pahelika, on the contrary, but I can understand the feeling. A very difficult game, complex and it took me a week to finish it, with frequent visits to the walkthrough. But the "little grey cells" had a busy, busy time. A very good game for those who like a hard one. Happy gaming!

Edited on 03/21/2013 at 6:58:58 AM PST

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Mar 21, 13 5:44 PM
I regret spending the $2.99 on this game. The cut scene graphics are dreadful, and the voiceover in the cutscenes gets stuck and the same phrase is repeated over and over. This occurred in the 3 cutscenes that I viewed. I turned down the volume, and read the text instead. The text was blurry, but I managed to read it. However, I usually do not let poor cutscene graphics deter me, as long as the gameplay graphics are of good quality.

The game graphics are nicely drawn, and I found the adventure quite intriguing. I reached the end of Chapter 2 when the trial ended, and I was curious as to how the story would progress. After purchasing the game, I played Chapter 3. Possible spoiler: Highlight to read. (Chapter 3, in my opinion, was a dull, wasteful chapter. It contained only subjective questions to be answered. No fun interactions, and no puzzles. )
The game shut down on me 4 times in Chapter 4, and each time I had to repeat the same mundane actions. Eventually, I gave up and decided that it wasn't worth the aggravation. This game, for me, is a waste of $2.99. At this point, I don't think I'd even bother trying to play it for free. I rarely feel that way about games, but it is just so frustrating to have your computer shut down so many times and replay the same scene.

For those who like adventure games, this might be fun. There are no HOS, and I only came across 2 "puzzles". There were fun interactions in the first 2 chapters. I was hoping for a better game, and perhaps it improves in the remaining chapters, but I can't get past Chapter 4, due to technical problems. Unfortunately, I am too late for live chat. So, I am giving up until tomorrow. I do not recommend this game based upon my experiences.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 21, 13 6:09 PM
I really like the story in the game. It is interesting and something different.

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Mar 22, 13 10:20 AM
i would have had more fun throwing 2.99 down the toilet. I bought hundreds of games and this is one of the worst games I ever played. I should have waited for dd reviews.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Mar 30, 13 2:49 PM
I like this one a lot----I really like these type games that require the old thinking cap.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Aug 15, 13 7:59 PM
Euskalduna wrote:I was laughing reading shagwendy's post. Not that I hated Pahelika, on the contrary, but I can understand the feeling. A very difficult game, complex and it took me a week to finish it, with frequent visits to the walkthrough. But the "little grey cells" had a busy, busy time. A very good game for those who like a hard one. Happy gaming!

I'm laughing reading everyone else's posts We all seem to agree that it's a hard one I'm with Joyzebra, watching the money swirl around in the toilet would be much more fun I did like the first one, though.

Go to: