Wolverine257
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

Trophy progress counter anywhere?

[Post New]by Wolverine257 on Mar 21, 13 9:43 PM
Does anyone know if/where you can see the progress counter toward trophies where you need to do a certain number of things to get bronze, silver and gold? Even if it's a game system file.

The trophy room only shows that you have the silver trophy and how much you need to get for gold, but not how much you currently have. Say that I have silver, which is granted at 100; and I'm somewhere on the progress toward the 1,000 required for gold. I just want to know if I'm at 150 or 950!!

ETA: I dug through the game folder and couldn't find anything that looked like profile data Level 21 has 3 piers to build so it's a good one to power away at to get the Sea Dog trophy. Handyman is just going to take FOREVER.

Edited on 03/22/2013 at 3:50:41 AM PST

Re:Trophy progress counter anywhere?

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Mar 24, 13 5:17 PM
Hmm,,,

I don't have trophies - I have a villa that needs to be rebuilt....are you playing on a PC or an iPad???

Just curious to see if I'm missing something!

Wolverine257
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Wolverine257 on Mar 24, 13 6:46 PM
I'm playing the PC version. I can access my trophy case from the map and it shows all my achievements.

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Mar 24, 13 8:40 PM
Wolverine257,

Thank you! I think I've had a VERY senior moment!!!!

I sure do appreciate your response!

Wolverine257
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Wolverine257 on Mar 24, 13 9:03 PM
LOL - don't think they ever take you to the trophy case during the tutorial level or when you get your first achievement, so it's probably easy to miss if you don't see the little message pop-up in the upper right corner during the levels.

Trixietrx
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Trixietrx on Mar 25, 13 11:06 AM
Yeah, this game needs a little more direction on a few items (I play these a lot and it took forever to figure out the alters, and the money statues, and a few other things). That said, I made it through the game with all golds, figured the game should allow golds for the piers and building upgrades by updating everything in the game (which I didn't do the first time), so I am going through the whole thing, making sure everything is upgraded and I'm gonna be really annoyed if I do the last 5 levels here and find I don't get gold.

IMO, you are right, I am curious how far I am, it would tell me if this is going to happen or not, cause I'm not gonna play the same level over and over just to finish off the last 2 (3) trophies.

I only would have gotten the golds with the tips in this forum, as my first attempt at the game was just floundering around.

Edited on 03/25/2013 at 11:07:18 AM PST

[Post New]by dactulwench1 on Mar 25, 13 2:59 PM
Has anyone actually gotten the gold trophy for building upgrades and building piers? I keep playing levels over and over hoping I get them, but I don't even know how close I am. It's getting real monotonous! Thanks.

Wolverine257
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Wolverine257 on Mar 26, 13 4:26 PM
I got the Sea Dog trophy by playing the pier levels (19-27 I think) over and over. Level 21 is the best since you have to build 3 piers on that level while the others usually only have one to build and the rest are just upgrades.

I still haven't gotten the Handyman trophy even though I played the entire game again after getting gold and upgrading everything regardless of the timer. Looks like you have to play the game all the way through multiple times, or find a few levels with a lot of shacks to upgrade (that don't drive you crazy!) and play those over and over. It is unclear whether only the first upgrade to a shack counts, or if it counts the total number of upgrades performed... i.e. does it count the shacks or count the actual upgrades. Considering the number of levels I've replayed, I'm thinking it only counts the upgraded shacks not the actual number of upgrades done to the shacks.

Wolverine257
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Wolverine257 on Mar 28, 13 3:55 AM
OMG seriously?!?! I just finished playing through the entire game for the 3rd time, upgrading everything upgradable as many times as it could be upgraded, and still haven't gotten the Handyman trophy.

[Post New]by Michelles_Bells on Mar 28, 13 7:03 AM
Yikes. Thanks for that info. The Handyman trophy is the only one I'm missing! I do agree that they need a counter so you know if you have to upgrade the tool shacks 5 more times or 500 more times. Good luck!

[Post New]by dtw1701 on Apr 7, 13 7:41 PM
I do think that a counter would be very helpful especially since there is such a big diference between the silver and Gold, but don't dispare I have just successfuly gotten the Handyman gold trophy. To get it though I completed the game first time not upgrading everything I could but then replayed a couple of the level to first get the Sea Dog and Devine intervention trouphies. this took possibly 30 or more replays of a couple of level (Don't recall the exact ones, as I tried 5 or 6 levels) to get and I upgraded everything as I went so it would add to the Handyman counter. Then lastly I replayed every level through a second time upgraded/built everything as I went not being concerned with completing in a gold time or if I got the bonuses, then I started a third time through and after completing 12 levels I had the handyman Gold trouphy.
Not sure why Wolverine257 still has not recieved the trophy after completing the game three times but posibly I get there earlier because of the specific levels I replayed for the Sea Dog & Devine Intervention trophies. My advise is you are probably very close so try a forth time and I expect you will get the trophy soon.

EMBESTE
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by EMBESTE on Apr 8, 13 6:25 PM
Does anyone know which levels have the most possible upgrades. I really don't want to play the entire game 3+ times, due to the various playing issures. I'd rather do a few levels a lot.

[Post New]by gill216 on Apr 10, 13 8:35 AM
I've just sat through an hour of level 36 making offerings to the altar to get that trophy.
You don't need to finish the level, just keep making offerings. The altar needs 2 wood & 3 rocks each time, both available from shacks.The level will tell you when you've got the trophy. I'm off to build piers now.

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Feb 5, 14 4:46 PM
I have played it through three times and played some of the levels over and over again, upgrading all the shacks and I still have silver on the Handiman trophy. It's really annoying to be this close to all gold trophies and not having any idea how close or far away one is from the 1000 shack upgrades needed.

There really should be a counter somewhere. Frustrating as all get out.

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Feb 5, 14 6:04 PM
Wolverine257 wrote:OMG seriously?!?! I just finished playing through the entire game for the 3rd time, upgrading everything upgradable as many times as it could be upgraded, and still haven't gotten the Handyman trophy.

This is way past when this was posted but I figured out why; because the Trophy page totally separate for each game you play under a different user's name.

if that's not the case, then I don't know why.

Go to: