bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Hallowed Legends: Ship of Bones

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 22, 13 12:29 AM
You've just crash-landed near the village of Erlenbourg, where a ghostly figure has been stealing souls. Follow the trail of the mysterious woman in white and discover the secret behind her terrible task! Once you find the Book of Fire, you'll have fun matching its relics to the game world, in a special added feature of Hallowed Legends: Ship of Bones.

Edited on 03/22/2013 at 4:32:06 PM PST

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

Re:Hallowed Legends: Ship of Bones

[Post New]by read61 on Mar 22, 13 3:48 PM
Wow, where is everyone? Am I the only one who did not get this game in CE? Have just finished the download, after some housework I plan to try it and will come back and post what I think of it. Maybe by then someone (anyone?) will also be in here.........I feel a little lonely.........

bball111
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by bball111 on Mar 22, 13 4:09 PM
Lack of posts seems to be happening more and more.

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Mar 22, 13 7:01 PM
I think some of us just don't know what to say! The game blurbs are always so full of superlatives and wonderfulness, and the demos are so much alike I can't tell one game from another. The opening scene in the plane flying through the storm looked so much like 3 or 4 other games, I thought I had played this one before. The demo kept me playing for the full hour, but I didn't see much "newness" the whole time.

Good points:
--- Real people! Moving! Wow! The evil whatever-she-is is a cartoon, but moves realistically and is quite scary.
--- Quick cutscenes that move the story along - in fact there was not much waiting at any point during the demo.
--- Interesting puzzles that I took the time to complete - just one skip for the hexagonal tile picture puzzle which I've never liked.
--- Interactive map which is quick and useful.
--- Hints that tell you exactly what to do. The game play is pretty obvious but I tried the hints to see what kind they were.
--- In the demo hour there were a few "boo" moments that made me jump.
--- Game is more or less Mac-friendly.
--- A few new puzzles that were fun, like the do-it-yourself match 3 marble game.

Less good points:
--- Interactive, overloaded, dark HOs - I don't care much for any kind of HOs.
--- Jumpy inventory that you have to "catch" to use - big nono for me - I want to lock that sucker where I can use it without a fight.
--- Same old searches for hammer, saw, screwdriver - nothing new there except that sometimes the skeletons need them more than you do.
--- Same old search for oil to instantly open a rusty lock.

I will probably purchase this game with one of my credits but will hang on a few days to see if something better comes along first...... ever hopeful.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Mar 23, 13 10:18 AM
I think I'm with the above. I did buy the SE simply because it was from Elephant but now I've started playing it I'm a bit bored, just more of the same old. Yes, please slow down Elephant.
I'll try it again tomorrow, hopefully I'm just in the wrong mood!

bball111
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by bball111 on Mar 24, 13 12:03 AM
FudgeChi wrote:I think I'm with the above. I did buy the SE simply because it was from Elephant but now I've started playing it I'm a bit bored, just more of the same old. Yes, please slow down Elephant.
I'll try it again tomorrow, hopefully I'm just in the wrong mood!

They do seem to be churning out the same stuff over and over these days,

[Post New]by baggyb on Mar 24, 13 10:11 AM
ihave lost my raven,anyone know where it is?

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Mar 24, 13 4:32 PM
Just finished the demo with 10 minutes to spare, this has never happened to me before with an Elephant game! A little worried that the rest of the game will be easy and short.......... I also see they removed the achievements and collectables from the SE, big disappointment! Usually games from this developer are an instant buy, if not CE then SE for sure, but this one I have to think about.........I really, really hope they are not starting to go down the ERS road!!

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Apr 10, 13 5:29 AM
baggyb,
where did you lose your raven???????????

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Apr 12, 13 5:01 PM
I wrote a great review for the demo when I first downloaded it and now that I've purchased the game (with a credit) I have a few comments to add. I completed the game in just over 4 hours, so I got 3 hours of play for my money. It wasn't a stand-out game by any means.

The demo was by far the best part of the game - fun puzzles, real people, interactive map. As the game progressed the puzzles got easier, there were no people, just cartoons, and the map interactiveness slowed down to the point where it was quicker just to click my way to where I needed to go. The graphics and locations were still intriguing but the story just faded away and ended. I guess the bonus game might have let us enjoy the locations a bit longer but the SE just ended flat. It would have been so much fun to see people get their souls back, but that was just a "tell" not a "show".

I can't recommend the SE as it was so obviously only a segment of a longer story.

Go to: