bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Hallowed Legends: Ship of Bones technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 22, 13 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 03/22/2013 at 12:36:44 AM PST

momshere
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Post any Hallowed Legends: Ship of Bones technical issues here only

[Post New]by momshere on Mar 23, 13 10:56 AM
Not sure this qualifies as a technical issue so redirect me if it is not:
Fuse puzzle in the garage.

I knew I made a mistake, so I hit the reset. Now the puzzle does not work at all. I cannot connect the fuses. They are not lighting up like they did at first when I started the puzzle. I backed away, tried again, no dice. Went completely out of the garage wandered around for a bit, went back to the fuses, STILL it does not play.

I'm now out of the game, going to go back and try again. But given my propensity for making mistakes, I'm sure I'm going to have to hit "Reset" again. This may be a temporary glitch on my game or my computer, but wanted to open the discussion.

I'm about to go back in and try again, will update when done.

**EDITED:
That did it, going out out of the game and coming back to the puzzle activated it correctly. I didn't have to reset again, so no idea what might have happened if I had.

Edited on 03/23/2013 at 11:30:53 AM PST

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Mar 23, 13 2:01 PM
I had exactly the same issue with the garage puzzle - resetting it seemed to just mess things up more. Fortunately, exiting and rebooting the game also did the trick for me.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Mar 23, 13 2:18 PM
Hi Fishies,

Thanks for the information regarding that puzzle. I'm happy to hear that restarting the game helped though! If you continue to notice problems with puzzles not working correctly, please do let our Tech Support Team know so they can take a closer look at the problem.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

Fifiluna614
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Fifiluna614 on Mar 23, 13 5:34 PM
When I played the demo of this game, the movement of the cursor was not crisp - it just sort of floated from one area to the next. I never felt I had complete control of it, even in the hidden object scenes. I liked the game otherwise, but the cursor problem was so distracting that it ruined my enjoyment of the gameplay, so I will not be purchasing.

[Post New]by louisebarton on Mar 24, 13 1:48 AM
I can't pick up the lipstick in the store. No matter how many times I move the storekeeper, and no matter to which head he is pointed. The hint button lights up but doesn't outline the lipstick. I have gone out of the scene and wandered around the game whilst the hint recharged, then gone back - same issue. I have got out of the game and gone back in - no change. I am so frustrated with this! I have done all the steps outlined above. No use. What do I do now? Maybe I'll just get my money back.

bzb13
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by bzb13 on Mar 24, 13 10:31 AM
Just purchased this game yesterday and I LOVE it! I have loved all the Elephant Games I've ever played, but this one seems to have been rushed to the floor a bit early. I have had a number of problems with minigames - particularly the one under the car in the grease pit of the garage. After a single reset the tiles started sliding around madly, no longer on their tracks. I simply skipped it. I probably could have exited and come back but it wasn't that big a deal.

More comical is that after picking up the "rusty dagger" (in the chapel, I think), every attempt to use it in the game is met with an admonishment IN RUSSIAN! Da svidaniya, boys! After the item becomes usable those messages are in English again.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 24, 13 12:37 PM
louisebarton wrote:I can't pick up the lipstick in the store. No matter how many times I move the storekeeper, and no matter to which head he is pointed. The hint button lights up but doesn't outline the lipstick. I have gone out of the scene and wandered around the game whilst the hint recharged, then gone back - same issue. I have got out of the game and gone back in - no change. I am so frustrated with this! I have done all the steps outlined above. No use. What do I do now? Maybe I'll just get my money back.

Hi louisebarton,

Our team is investigating the problem with the lipstick, as it does look like this is a problem with the game itself.

If you haven't already done so, please run a Dr. Felix Report for the game and send it in to our Tech Support Team through the Contact Us page. This will really help us pinpoint where the issue is coming from so we can get it addressed for you.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by scghou32 on Mar 24, 13 2:21 PM
Just bought this game yesterday and I loved it right up to the point where I can't pick up the lipstick. Second game in two weeks that I can't play because of a technical issue. I'm starting to get a little frustrated.

[Post New]by sheilatingey on Mar 24, 13 3:17 PM
I am at the end of the game where you put all the gems on the pillars. I did everything i am suppose to do but my game froze I guess cause I can't do anything. Help

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 24, 13 5:36 PM
Hi Fishies ~

scghou32 - as I said above, we are still working on this issue. Please write in to our Tech Support Team through the Contact Us page so they can collect some info that will help us pinpoint where the problem is coming from and work with you directly on getting everything resolved.

sheilatingey - when a game freezes that way, it can mean that some of your computer's display elements can use an update. The help article here goes over how to check on that. If you get things updated and the game is still freezing on you, please get in touch with Tech Support so they can try some more specific troubleshooting steps with you.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

iamshiva
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by iamshiva on Mar 26, 13 2:00 PM
curs0r isfloaty& objects move slow

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Mar 26, 13 2:06 PM
Hi iamshiva,

Let's see if we can get that working better for you!

Those types of problems can have a few causes, but updating your software programs and drivers can sometimes work to get the game running a bit better. Our help article here goes over how to do that:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those tips aren't helping, please let our Tech Support Team know. They'll be happy to take a closer look at the problem for you.

Hopefully that helps!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by rizk01 on Apr 14, 13 12:20 PM
I too am having an issue with picking up the lipstick in the store. No matter what I do. I have even uninstalled the game then reinstalled and started the game over..ugh!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 16, 13 3:10 AM
Hi rizk01,

If you are having issues with the lipstick, could you please write in to Tech Support so we can keep on tracking this issue? That would really help us as we work with the developer to overcome this!

Also our Support Team will be able to provide some assistance that we can't the via the Forums.

If you have the time, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report so that we can help you from the outset.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 04/16/2013 at 10:50:20 AM PST

[Post New]by graveyard_cgi on May 19, 13 12:34 AM
This is only technical in as much as the game itself would have to be changed. There are four typographical errors. Three are in the game and one is in the credits at the end. Happy hunting!

whoanelly
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by whoanelly on Jul 3, 13 8:03 PM
I did the demo when this game first came out. There was a big problem with going from one area to another. It was extremely slow. It wasn't until after the demo ended that I even thought about changing to the system cursor which can help or even that I may have needed to run CCleaner and clean out cookies and the cache. From reading here it looks as if there were a number of problems but I see no update on whether or not the problems were solved. It looked a game I would enjoy since I have the other two and love them. But unfortunately we can only play the demo once and I can't test about the things I could have. But I don't remember getting to the lipstick part in order to check to see if that is still a problem. But the slowness I could have checked if not for the one time only rule. So this is a game I cannot purchase.

Go to: