bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Reviews for Hallowed Legends: Ship of Bones

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 22, 13 12:42 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Hallowed Legends: Ship of Bones? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Hallowed Legends: Ship of Bones page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Edited on 03/22/2013 at 12:43:31 AM PST

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Re:Reviews for Hallowed Legends: Ship of Bones

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 22, 13 12:44 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgFlounder

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Mar 22, 13 4:33 AM
If you would like to check out the reviews for the CE version of this game, just click here!

Hope this helps!

bfgTokoro

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Mar 23, 13 12:21 PM
Just finished the game and liked very much..graphics were good and storyline was nice. However some of the items to be found were a little small. Give the game a chance.

nance91947
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nance91947 on Mar 23, 13 10:01 PM
Always love games by this developer--they never disappoint us! Only played game for about 40 minutes and thus far found no need for walk through as the game is "logical" and if stuck, simply check your map which provides areas where things should be or can be accomplished or use the hint button. Definitely an interesting approach for this genre...a welcome change, at least from my point of view. Thanks, BFG!

Calicohorse
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Calicohorse on Mar 24, 13 6:03 PM
As always, a great and absorbing game from this developer. My only wish is that more game time was spent on the ship of bones itself and the Asgard castle. My guess is that the bonus game does. Cheers,

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Apr 2, 13 10:36 AM
This was by far the best game of the 3 in my opinion. Had it not been for the map I would have been totally lost but the storyline was brilliant! So kudos to the developers for this game. I agree with Calicohorse..more time on the ship would have been a real treat.
Great graphics, and I enjoyed playing the game.
Now on to other games. Happy gaming everyone!

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Apr 3, 13 11:49 AM
Good quality as usual from this dev but nothing about the game really kept my interest.

There was too much of the going backwards and forwards between scenes and it appeared to be just for the sake of making the game longer.

From around two thirds of the way through the game, I just used the map to see where to go. For me, that's not a good way to play a game. I was getting very bored just collecting bits and pieces to use somewhere, wherever, later.

The story was there, but not much of a plot.

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Apr 12, 13 5:40 PM
Wish I could afford CE versions, but oh well.

Another fun game from Elephant and Big Fish. I was highly amused by how the "lip synch" issue was resolved. "The heck with it!" Works even better than the surgical mask, I think.

No problems with the plot. Legends don't have to be psychologically riveting, and really, I found the mythology interesting. Any daughter of Loki is a friend of mine Linguistic aside: yes, Hel herself is believed to be the source of the Judeo-Christian word for the Underworld - and did you know that the entrance to there was supposed to be the volcano Hekla in Iceland, which is where we got "heck" as a synonym?

Very nice music. Good to see your actors again, although it's a bit disconcerting to see a bad guy in the last game be a good guy in this one. Loved how our pilot remained confused..."say what? Which game are we in, anyway?" LOL

I guess I'll resign myself, because you aren't going to allow me to turn off the map highlighting, are you? If I were paranoid I'd say you designed this one to MAKE me use the map - won't use the map eh? We'll show her! BUT I didn't use the map in order to avoid the you-have-something-to-do-here hints...although I ended up having to keep notes - first time in a long time I've had to make notes.

Thanks, again, for another enjoyable game. Horror show!

PS That's not a loupe, btw.

Zone244
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Zone244 on Apr 20, 13 1:22 PM
layzeedaisy wrote:Good quality as usual from this dev but nothing about the game really kept my interest.

There was too much of the going backwards and forwards between scenes and it appeared to be just for the sake of making the game longer.

From around two thirds of the way through the game, I just used the map to see where to go. For me, that's not a good way to play a game. I was getting very bored just collecting bits and pieces to use somewhere, wherever, later.

Zone244
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Zone244 on Apr 20, 13 1:28 PM
layzeedaisy said it best. It was boring, but graphics were good. Not as good from these developers in the past. And, it was pretty much a chore to continue. Using the map is sometimes helpful, but I went to use it to get to another place where I needed to go it was non-functional. Soo....click, click....annoying.

kiwiyumyum
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by kiwiyumyum on May 4, 13 9:23 PM
Enjoyed the game - everything about it - thanks Big Fish.

[Post New]by grammacat on May 19, 13 11:20 PM
I am getting tired of all the running around in the game. I will be glad when it is over. Have to use a lot of hints. The game is to long. Only reason I am trying to finish it is because I bought it. Very borning.

[Post New]by Sapphire_64 on May 21, 13 9:51 PM
I have just finished the game and loved it but very glad of the hint and map or i would be totally lost.
Lyn

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Aug 2, 13 7:35 AM
i am completely stuck at the cash register, why no skip option?????? and i found the walkthrough to be of no help! this game for me is a total waste of money!!!!!

[Post New]by IHave3Brdz on Oct 20, 13 1:53 PM
I absolutely love this series! IMO -- just the right difficulty level in puzzles and finding items. I needed hints and skips occasionally, but basically because I didn't have the patience to sit there and figure it out, lol. Looking forward to more Hallowed Legends installments!

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Nov 27, 13 4:44 AM
This game graphically was done beautifully. Love the live action characters in the scenes. I like having the interactive map, especially since there was a LOT of going back and forth between scenes from one end to the other on this game. The only thing I didn't like about it was that if you used the map to get around, it also told you the places that you had things to do, so you didn't have a choice to figure out what to do next on your own. I liked the fact that it ended the story with a scene instead of suddenly like so many games do right now. The puzzles were a mixture of hard and easy, and the hidden object scenes we interactive, which I like a lot. They were also done well, not a complete junkpile of stuff that doesn't make sense. Gameplay was long enough, a bit over 3 hours for me, which is fine for a SE. I found the story itself to be a little boring, but would like to see more of a Nordic theme in other games. I give this game a 7 out of 10.

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Mar 22, 14 1:48 AM

This is a great game. You are flying through a thunderstorm in a very small aircraft. You crash land and can't find your pilot. You are met by Hamlet, a mysterious Raven, who warns you that you are in a dangerous land: the dead are roaming around, but there are dangers much worse than that.

Visuals were first class, beautifully drawn, clear, crisp, and colorful, yet appropriately dark and eerie when necessary.

The soundtrack was excellent with great voiceovers and narrations.

Hidden object scenes are the interactive list type. They are very well done, beautfully illustracted.

Mini puzzles are easy but a lot of fun.

There is a map, a book of fire, Hamlet the Raven, and the hint button to assist you.

This is an all around great game.

truman99
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by truman99 on Mar 22, 14 10:16 AM
BASED ON COMPLETED GAME.

I played the Collector's Edition, and this is a terrific game! It is a FANTASTIC and LONG adventure!!

I actually did not like the first two "Hallowed Legend" games, but this one gripped me from the beginning and didn't let go until the end of the bonus play. MANY places to explore, the hidden object scenes were great. They were fun without being a strain on my older eyes.

I actually prefer games with lots of back and forth, so I never got tired of that OR used the map to transport. It's fun to remember where everything is you need to do or collect.

The game is meant to be a bit spooky, but the scenes are lovely, NOT dark or gloomy. HIGHLY RECOMMEND !!!!

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Mar 22, 14 8:32 PM
layzeedaisy wrote:Good quality as usual from this dev but nothing about the game really kept my interest.

grammacat wrote:I am getting tired of all the running around in the game. I will be glad when it is over. Have to use a lot of hints. The game is too long. Only reason I am trying to finish it is because I bought it. Very boring.

Ditto everything. Once I got inside the museum, my level of boredom, plus extreme reluctance to continue "going backwards and forwards," reached a peak. I'm glad I bought it as a DD.

Edited on 03/22/2014 at 8:42:03 PM PST

Go to: