bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Enchantia: Wrath of the Phoenix Queen technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 23, 13 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Clairebs
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re:Post any Enchantia: Wrath of the Phoenix Queen technical issues here only

[Post New]by Clairebs on Mar 23, 13 4:00 AM
Hi. Not sure if it's a technical issue but this game is taking an awfully long time to download. 1 hour so far and only 29% done. Is there a reason for this?

RevRose
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by RevRose on Mar 23, 13 4:13 AM
Similar issue here. 65% after three hours.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 23, 13 4:19 AM
Hi Fishies,

It is worth noting that some games are larger than others and also that slow downloads can occur if you are among the first in your region to install the game.

The first time a game is installed using a specific server, that server needs to 'setup' the download if you will, which can add some time to the process. Once a game have passed through a server, it will be quicker to download thereafter.

That being said, if you feel like your download speed is slow for a number of games please do reach out to the Tech Support Team as they will be able to offer specific advice and doing so will also help us identify any possible issues that need attention.

Hoping this information is helpful and that you both get to enjoy this game really soon,

bfgBaikal

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Mar 23, 13 4:40 AM
Same here an hour and counting !!, taking for ever to download, i supose it's one of BFG quarks, not the first time on this site.
Downloaded the "easter extav" game and loaded it in about 30 seconds.
Maybe BFG dont use good servers, and cant cope with an influx of new games.
With the amount of gamers on their site you would have thought these issues would be a thing of the past.

Clairebs
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by Clairebs on Mar 23, 13 5:49 AM
Thanks for the info Baikal, I didn't know that. I paused the download for an hour or so and just restarted. It shot up to 41% but is now going slow again. So i guess it's the first time through the server thing. But still seems to be taking an unnaturally long time. Started at 10 UK time and it is now 12.49!

addictedtofish
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by addictedtofish on Mar 23, 13 6:03 AM
Same here, extremely long time to download - bought 2 games in the sale and the 1st one downloaded fine but this took over 2 hours.
Next problem, tried to play and got a black screen with access violation. Have uninstalled and trying again before crying for HELP - here's hoping!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 23, 13 6:11 AM
Hi Fishies,

The times you have posted for downloads sound pretty crummy, we are sorry about this and I assure you that I am relaying this information back to the relevant departments.

If you have tried the advice offered on slow dowloads already, the best thing to do is to run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to help with advice tailored to your machine, and this will also help us to keep track of this.

addictedtofish - An access violation message appearing while playing your game is generally related to your computer’s graphics configuration not matching what the game requires in order to run smoothly.

The best way of dealing with this is to have a look at the following help article and update any elements you can:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

That being said, as above, please feel free to reach out to Tech Support if you need more help with this.

Finally I would like to thank you all for working with us on these downloads issues - your help is much appreciated.

Take care,

bfgBaikal

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Mar 23, 13 7:23 AM
Mine was taking forever too. I have the same problem every weekend on UK morning time! As soon as the US wakes up then it speeds up. :o

Clairebs
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by Clairebs on Mar 23, 13 7:25 AM
Finally downloaded after 4 hours and 7 minutes. Hope it's worth it.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 23, 13 10:26 AM
Thanks for letting us know about those slow download times, FudgeChi and Clairebs!

If you haven't already please be sure to reach out to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix and one of our Reps will collect information about those download issues and suggest some troubleshooting steps that may help.

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

Happy gaming!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by ladybear101 on May 25, 14 10:56 AM
in addition to the exceptionally long download time, this game does not work on Windows 8 - I finally got it downloaded last night - took so long I waited until this morning to try to play. This is one of those games where the touchscreen is misaligned, so you cannot make selections, etc. without trying to find an adjustment off the actual item. I have uninstalled from the tablet, and tried to install instead on my Windows 7 desktop... 30 mins, and I cannot get it to actually load to the BF Game Manager!
Looks like a great game with fantastic graphics, but this is not worth the amount of time and inconvenience. I will try something else

Go to: