bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Enchantia: Wrath of the Phoenix Queen

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 23, 13 12:38 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Enchantia: Wrath of the Phoenix Queen ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Enchantia: Wrath of the Phoenix Queen page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Enchantia: Wrath of the Phoenix Queen

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 23, 13 12:39 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 23, 13 12:42 AM
If you would like to check out the reviews for the CE version of this game just click here!

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

dramajunkie
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,641 Posts

[Post New]by dramajunkie on Mar 23, 13 12:43 AM
Question: How does one review a strategy guide?

mai66
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by mai66 on Mar 23, 13 12:49 AM
Ha ha. Wake up... Its not aprils fools yet.

mai66
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by mai66 on Mar 23, 13 12:53 AM
Thank you, that was quick!!
Now Seattle must go to sleep, while Europe will start to play.
Have a nice day!!

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Mar 23, 13 1:38 AM
When this game came out as a CE I simply couldn't afford it and thought it a bit too fancy for my taste. Now that it was available as an SE and on a sale (!) I went ahead and bought it. Played a half hour and am glad I did.

If you like Blue Tea games you will love this one. Really just a typical fantasy with elves, humans, cute critters, and lots of fancy. The HO scenes are fragmented style, and fairly easy. I'll leave it to someone else for the details, but I think this one is well worth the price, and on sale as well!

Happy gaming!
CelticCoco

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Mar 23, 13 7:16 AM
What a lovely game!! I love it!
So easy to navigate. The graphics are beautiful. The frog scenes are challenging which makes the game more fun to play. The music is so relaxing.
I can't say anything bad about this game. I never buy CE's so WOW what a deal I got today with the sale and all.
Thanks so much Blue tea and BFG for this great game!! The demo ran out on me I was so into it!! I highly recommend it for FROG lovers like me.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Mar 23, 13 7:25 AM
Whooooooooaaaaa....way too much foo foo for me. Good grief. Voiceovers and cutscenes a-plenty and very annoying. I feel like I just got dropped into my grandmothers costume jewlery box and had to scramble to get out. I guess if you really like the over cluttered glitter show, this game is for you. I couldn't stand it for more than a few minutes. Liberace would have loved it!

Game did look like it had some good graphics if you could peel off some of the glitter blanket, but too much is just too much.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Mar 23, 13 8:32 AM
we did not care for this game, was a little too much. ---doug & lisa

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on Mar 23, 13 1:13 PM

Edited on 03/25/2013 at 3:42:35 AM PST

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on Mar 23, 13 2:04 PM
I agree with CelticCoco. I bought this game and have been playing for over two hours. I am enjoying it and definitely find it worth the $4.99 with this weekend's sale. I happen to like light and color--hate the games that are all blue, rainy and dark. Yes there are many voice overs. No problem with that. Give this game a try and form your own opinion. I'm glad I did.

[Post New]by CathyCatfish on Mar 23, 13 3:18 PM
gotta chime in and agree with bessiegirl. it was just TOO much for me. i like detailed graphics, but not to the point where you really can't SEE anything.
i know played the demo for the CE but didn't find it filed in my various folders (purchased games, games to buy, games on the fence) so i decided to play the demo for the SE. now i remember why it's not in any of my folders! just didn't like the game. i usually like blue tea games, but not this one. i played for 30 minutes and deleted.

another reason it was a no-buy for me was that in the hardest mode, hints and skips are not allowed at all. there are some types of puzzles that i just don't care for so i always skip them. didn't know whether i could change difficulty in-game, so decided to play on the middle challenge where there is still hint and skip if i ever need it but NO SPARKLES. well, there were still sparkles (and i don't mean the "enchanted glimmering" of the artwork). i don't mind the sparkles on the HOSs so much, but i DO mind them on everything else, especially when they're not supposed to be there.

also didn't care for the queen's over-the-top VOs, a little too over-dramatic for me.

just can't really think of anything about this game that i did like, which is unusual for me. maybe i'm just getting grumpy in my old age!

BronzeLady
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by BronzeLady on Mar 24, 13 8:13 AM
I love BTG and also love fragmented HOs. The CE didnt have any bells and whistles that I liked, so I held off for the SE. A def buy for me because I enjoyed playing the trial CE and patiently waited for this version. I am enjoying all the colors and glitz!

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Mar 25, 13 8:46 AM
While I generally enjoy the occasional FROG and fairy tale, I could not get excited about this one. There are so many cut scenes in the beginning, and I just wanted to get to the game. I don't like to skip them, because I want to understand the story. So much of that was completely unnecessary, and would have been far better off being in a journal so you could read it or not.

The glitz and glitter didn't bother me, as it seemed appropriate for the fairy tale type game it appears to be. Lots of hand holding, and may be a good one for beginners or the younger folk, that is if the fire doesn't disturb them.

aneleh12
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by aneleh12 on Mar 26, 13 4:15 PM
I really enjoyed this game! Had already played the collectors demo and now purchased the game. The graphics are fabulous, made me stop playing and admire every detail. Hope there is a sequel on the making.

pinkwitch12
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by pinkwitch12 on Mar 28, 13 3:03 PM
Allow me to gush a bit...I love Blue Tea Games. The style of the gems alone would keep me content. But the added feature of interactive play with speaking characters in this one is a step beyond their usual high bar. All I can say is YUM. Thank you Blue Tea people, your all oriental team spirit is really shining through. This type of finding hidden objects that are actually used is something to love.

gwladys99
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by gwladys99 on Mar 28, 13 7:33 PM
It is a good thing that we do not all like the same thing. I am enjoying this game so far. Such a change from the gloomy and dark games. I am a very slow player because of physical limitations so it is nice to sit and work my way through it at my own pace and not have to rush things.
The one thing I will aree on is that the voice of the Phoenix Queen is really over the top and dreadful.
Colours are nice and background music is not grating as in some games. I am not an expert at reviewing games but I do know what I like.
I have always been a fan of Blue tea games and this is another nice one

nikma
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by nikma on Apr 6, 13 12:28 AM
bellissimo gioco,come tutti i giochi Blu tea,la fantasia non manca mai....mi sono divertita molto e mi sono pentita di non aver acquistato la CE,avrei giocato di più.consiglio assolutamente questo gioco....bellissimooooooo.....

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Apr 6, 13 2:31 PM
Another gem of a game from Blue Tea. If you liked Dark Parables, you'll like this too (and vice versa). I thoroughly enjoyed spending time in a world of beautiful gems and fantasy. It is much nicer than the world I spend most of my time in. Great graphics, good story (loved the ending), voice acting that perfectly matched the characters, and I didn't wear out my sneakers with too much back and forth navigation. I think I've about gotten used to their left-handed cursor, so it no longer bothers me.

Some of the music is the same as Dark Parables, but I didn't mind. If you get it right the first time, don't change it. My only quibble, and it is a tiny one, is the book in the background of a hidden object scene in the dwarf kingdom that clearly has the word "American" in the title.

Most HOPA games are trite, shadowy, predictable, and absurd with junk piles and ridiculous interactions. Blue Tea consistently puts out games that are interesting, bright, beautiful, original, and rational. Thank you.

Go to: