[Post New]by cleoladycat on Mar 23, 13 2:09 AM
Any comments fishes?

Nijimasu
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:Today's DD 23 2013

[Post New]by Nijimasu on Mar 23, 13 6:01 AM
I've been waiting for this one to go on DD, since I have all of this developer's holiday games. A spring-themed game is definitely welcome when winter hasn't left my area yet. When I first tried this game a couple of years ago, I found it a little too juvenile and junkpiley, but I've since found the other holiday Hidden Object games to be amusing.

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

Re:Today's DD 23 2013

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Mar 23, 13 3:40 PM
After completing the one hour demo, I was still undecided regarding whether or not to purchase this game. I read every review on the BFG site. I decided to purchase and am pleased with the game.

Options include fullscreen, music and sounds control and mute all sounds.

There are 2 modes of play: Casual and Challenge. The difference that I noticed between them is the time for the hint and skip button to recharge. See below.

HOS: There are approximately 23 HOS. Most were "find items on a list". There were 2 "find x number of y". A magnifying glass indicates opening up a drawer, window etc. to find an object. The scenes are bright and colourful, but I found many to be very cluttered. Some of the objects are tiny and very well blended in to the scenes. I found myself using the hint button a few times on each scene.

Hints: Recharge in approximately 30 secs in casual mode and 1 min in challenge mode.

Puzzles: There are approximately 22 puzzles. They are very simple, but fun. Puzzles can be skipped in approximately 30 secs in casual mode and a few second over a minute in challenge mode. (Sorry, I kept getting different times with anywhere from 5 secs over to 15 secs over).

Collectibles: There are bunnies, eggs and Easter Bunny to collect in every HOS scene. Collecting these items will contribute to a game score. I just wish that the game would tell you how many of each are in the total. I collected 132 eggs, 17 Easter Bunnies and 53 bunnies in my first time through the game.

Misclick penalty: This is my biggest complaint about the game. This is a great game for young children, but the misclick penalty is too severe. In challenge mode, the cursor gets "wobbly" at the second misclick. In casual mode, it gets "wobbly" on the 7th misclick.

Overall, I had a fun 2 hours playing this game. My 7yr old son is delighted with it, but he has to wait because we now have a real Easter egg hunt to attend. There is no adventure to this, but most of the HOS are followed by a simple puzzle to break the monotony. The story is simple and cheery.....no mystery involved. This is a light hearted, bright game for the young or young at heart. I feel that I am getting a bargain because I enjoyed playing it, and will play it again to increase my score. Also, it's simple enough for my 7 yr old and 5 yr old to play...with a little help from Mommy.

Go to: