bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (iOS) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 11, 17 9:32 AM
Hi Mylittlefoot,

I see that there is some question regarding the Smile item under the Events Items portion of your inventory. It is possible that changes to the game were made and I apologize for any confusion this has caused. The Moderation Team doesn't receive the exact information regarding changes to item currency rates, but I'll be sure to pass this along to the Midnight Castle teams. For confirmation, I am also seeing 10 coins for selling this particular item. If any information is brought to our attention, we will post in the forums.

Thank you for your understanding. Please reach out to an Active Moderator if you have any questions. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
3,858 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on May 11, 17 3:49 PM
I'm having serious connection problems this afternoon, both in the game & here in the forum.
In the game, when I can get in, all my friends keep disappearing - even Just John - & rewards are very slow to drop after completing a Terrace HOS - up to a couple minutes.
In the forum, it takes forever to load a page, then just a few seconds later, I get a white-page message "cannot parse response".
Druid iPhone SE, iOS version 10.2.1

Update: It lasted about 3 hours, then I was able to get in & send gifts.
Back to normal this morning. This is typical.

Edited on 05/12/2017 at 7:32:45 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 12, 17 7:43 AM
Hi Desertdruid,

I'm sorry to hear that connection issues were present in your Midnight Castle game as well as the forums. Thank you for keeping us updated on this issue. I'm glad to hear that everything is up and running properly and I apologize for any inconvenience and frustration this has caused. I'm also going to include below a Big Fish Games Help page specific to this issue:

Connection Issues

If issues continue to persist, feel free to reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team with your device information, details of the issue, and your player ID. I'll include a a help page on how to obtain your player ID if needed,

What is an in-game ID?

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

Collen57
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by Collen57 on May 13, 17 5:13 AM
Before the spring event started I connected my game to Facebook because I needed to uninstall and reinstall my game due to issues with friend rooms. Connecting to FB worked great, I was able to immediately recover my game after the reinstall and the friend room issue was resolved. However, I did notice losing a small amount of progress from the first time I logged in after the reinstall.

Losing progress didn't happen again so I didn't worry about it. Until this morning when I realized I just lost 4 days of progress. I had completed the castle challenge and collected the last avatar but now it's gone. Due to the red and green icon issue I'm putting the date behind my in game name. The last date I put in was May 11th, now it says May 7th and the last CC avatar is locked.

Already submitted a request to support. This post is more to point out a potential issue with connecting the game to FB. I'm on level 76 and had not experienced losing progress until connecting to FB right before the SE.

Nicole

bfgIlinalta
3,208 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 14, 17 4:32 PM
Hello Collen57,

Thank you for taking the time to report that issue and what you experienced while playing the iOS version of Midnight Castle. It sounds like you've already contacted our Midnight Castle Support Team which is exactly what I would have recommended in this situation, so what I'm going to do is provide those steps for players having a similar issue, should they also want to provide some information about that to our Reps and the teams behind the game.

Whenever a player loses progress in Midnight Castle, we recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with the device type and model seeing the issue, the operating system and version it is running, and your in-game Friend Code. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

If you lose progress, it would also be helpful to provide both the original Friend Code and the new one being seen on the device. Just in case it is helpful, the following article explains how to retrieve a Friend Code in the game:

What is my Friend Code?

Our Reps may request more information to better assist either in troubleshooting or with an impending investigations into a player reported issue. So, be sure to reply directly to their messages with as much of that information as possible. We appreciate your effort, and I want to thank players in advance who are working with our Reps for a similar issue for that effort and their patience.

Thank you again for your patience, and I hope that is helpful in clarifying how to receive further assistance for that issue. Don't hesitate to PM me or any of our other active Moderators with further questions. We are all happy to help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

sewfancy
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by sewfancy on May 25, 17 5:58 AM
I having trouble with my furniture finder achievement statement I have 61 out of 100 . I completed all three rooms and the achievements each furniture each area. Other players plays said should have 62. I do I fix this problem.

Sewfancy
i219812

Seb95667
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Seb95667 on May 25, 17 6:01 PM
I am at level 76 and still don't see the special level pets listed to craft. All I see are the other pets.

How do I get them to show up.

Seb95667
i171809

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 26, 17 11:52 AM
Hi sewfancy and Seb95667,

Thank you for bring to our attention what is occurring within your Midnight Castle games. We definitely want to help where we can and provide some clarification.

sewfancy,
since it sounds like there is an issue with your achievements, please reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team with your player ID and details of the issue. We apologize that we don't have the tools from the forums to investigate this for you. The Support Team can definitely look into this for you. Just in case it's needed, I'll include a Big Fish Games Help page below on how to obtain your player ID:

What is an in-game ID?

Seb95667, because it doesn't sound like you have all the pets, please also reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team. Please provide your player ID along with screenshots of what you are seeing. The help page below contains steps on how to take a screenshot.

Taking A Screenshot

We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 05/26/2017 at 11:52:19 AM PST

Dobiesrus
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Private Room Update Question

[Post New]by Dobiesrus on May 27, 17 7:58 PM
Just got the following message when trying to go into a friend's room. I already have the latest game update..11413.1601..as well as the latest IOS update. What does this mean?

"This friend's room has been updated in a more recent version of the game. To visit it, please update your game to the latest version."

bfgIlinalta
3,208 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 28, 17 3:51 PM
Hello Dobiesrus,

Thank you for your patience while waiting on a response. It sounds like you're receiving the message that requests an update be made to the game before visiting a player's room. I definitely can understand the confusion that might arise due to the wording of the message and would like to clarify that a bit further today.

When the message "This friend's room has been updated in a more recent version of the game. To visit it, please update your game to the latest version." is seen, this means one thing, the player visiting has a different version than the player being visited. While the message is worded to make it sound like the player visiting needs to update, it's also possible that the player being visited needs to update before you can visit their room. As both players must be on the same version to visit each others' rooms, it's likely that you have the most up to date version, while your friend does not.

I recommend checking back in a day or two, or possibly contacting them with a PM on here if you happen to know what username they post under to let them know what you are seeing. Hopefully, they'll be able to get that update for their game so you can visit their room again.

I hope that was able to clarify why that message may also mean that the friend being visited needs to update their game, and I hope they are able to do so soon so that you can visit them again. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Dobiesrus
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Dobiesrus on May 29, 17 2:40 PM
Thanks for the clarification bfgllinalta. The friend is literally a friend to whom I introduced MC and she is now hooked. I just talked to her today about problems she was having as a new player. A few days ago I sat down with her and explained the quests and what she needed to advance as she had been stuck on Level 4 long enough to beome very frustrated. I'll probably see her a little later today and I'll check to see if her game needs to be updated.
The message I got was, indeed, confusing and I appreciate very much your explanation. Fingers crossed an update will solve the issue. Thank you!

Kimball321
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by Kimball321 on May 30, 17 7:12 AM
I have been in touch with support team they say I have to wait till next update to resolve game continually crashing very annoying as it crashes every few minutes when are we going to get update chris

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 30, 17 8:44 AM
Hi Dobiesrus and Kimball321,

Thank you for taking the time to post in this thread what is occurring within your games.

Dobiesrus, I'm glad to hear that you were able to obtain clarification from bfgllinalta's post above. If there continues to be trouble with the message appearing, feel free to reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team with your player ID and server version you are on. Since your friend is new to Midnight Castle, it may also be helpful to point out the Helpful Links for Midnight Castle section for great information from other players.

Kimball321, I'm sorry to hear that you continue to experience crashing issues in your game. Thank you for reaching out to our Support Team as they contain the tools to ensure that the information provided in the incident tickets are brought to the teams for investigation. If we are aware of any information regarding this issue, we will post in the forums. We greatly appreciate your patience.

If any questions come up, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

Dobiesrus
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Dobiesrus on May 30, 17 9:45 AM
To follow up: the problem turned out to be that her room hadn't been set up yet. That has been done now, so problem solved. That error message seemed unconnected to the issue, but it was easily resolved. Thanks again for your response.

[Post New]by Peggy_Rau on Jun 1, 17 12:17 PM
I am on level 76, and I need to get my next quest from the lion. The lion doesn't respond,I just get the message that I must wait for future update. I cannot find a newer one. I have been stuck like this for well over a week, and play every day.

bfgBeruna
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jun 1, 17 1:56 PM
Hello Peggy_Rau,

Thanks for reaching out to us. It sounds like Level 76 has been reached in Midnight Castle, and I'll happily provide some more information about this.

You've reached Midnight Castle's current end of content. The lion isn't responding because, until the next content update, it won't have new tasks to bestow. I completely understand why this would seem like a technical glitch, though.

Since information about upcoming updates is not given to the Moderation Team, I'm unable to provide an exact date for when the next Midnight Castle update will be released. However, when the update is available, it will definitely be announced here on the Forum page. Please keep an eye out for that update.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. Please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active moderators if any further questions or concerns arise. Happy gaming.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 06/01/2017 at 1:57:49 PM PST

[Post New]by marnie2002 on Jun 2, 17 2:24 PM
I downloaded the new Windows 10 upgrade and not Midnight Castle won't open. I tried the delete and reinstall bit but game will not reload, I get the "play again" screen again and again. Other games will open. I tried sending a Customer Support message but since I can't open the game, I can't get my Friend Code. Catch22!! Now, June 3 I find that no new downloads will open and play. I have put the whole Big Fish in the trash can and will be calling in direct on Monday to find out how to fix my problems as I still can't get anything working.

Edited on 06/03/2017 at 5:04:09 PM PST

Kimball321
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by Kimball321 on Jun 3, 17 12:45 AM
I am finding the game nearly impossible to play with it constantly crashing is anyone else having the same problem I am playing on kindle fire hd10 chris

peanut242
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by peanut242 on Jun 4, 17 2:33 AM
This isn't a major issue, but I have noticed when visiting HOS that I keep getting the same item. Maybe the developers could look into this and distribute equal items?

bfgIlinalta
3,208 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jun 4, 17 5:17 PM
Hello marnie2002, Kimball321, and peanut242,

Before I begin, I want to apologize that issues have occurred on your respective versions of Midnight Castle. I also want to remind players to be sure to post their issues to the designated thread based on the device seeing the issue. This helps both the teams behind the game as well as moderators note the impact of reported issue, but it also helps in ensuring that players can quickly see any suggestions for the appropriate device and issue. Players reporting issues from other device types to the wrong thread may cause confusion, and I recommend not doing so moving forward.

Players can post to the following forums for technical issues in Midnight Castle, based on device type (noted in parenthesis):

Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!
Post your Midnight Castle (iOS) Technical Issues Here Only!
Post your Midnight Castle (Android) Technical Issues Here Only!

Now, I do want to provide some assistance, so let me help out individually so that it's clear what device and type of issue is being experienced and how to either hopefully quickly resolve that or where to receive additional assistance for the reported issue.

marnie2002, it sounds like there is an issue regarding the PC version of Midnight Castle and a recent Windows 10 update. This has been reported a few times, and players have successfully been able to resolve this issue quickly by changing the monitor's screen resolution before trying to open the game again. Please try to change the monitor's screen resolution and then reopen Midnight Castle. Just in case it's helpful, the following page contains steps for how to do that:

Screen Resolution

After doing that and successfully starting the game, the issue should be resolved and you should be able to return your screen resolution to your preferred setting. If not, please contact our Support Team using the steps provided in the following post.

Post continues on next page.

Edited on 06/04/2017 at 5:17:53 PM PST

Go to: