[Post New]by cleoladycat on Mar 24, 13 6:29 AM
Any comments fishes?

jan1949
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

Re:Today's DD 24 March 2013

[Post New]by jan1949 on Mar 24, 13 11:27 AM
What a fun game for $2.99! It looks like an appocalypse or bombing happened. An injured woman is in search of her family and encounters many obstacles. It is fun helping her find needed tools and health packs to restore her energy so she can carry on. Not too many HOS which I appreciate! The mini games are a bit difficult and different from other games I have played. I like them and the challenge they offer. I decided to play Expert so am not dealing with sparkles. The game feels like an older model, a bit cartoonish, but it is certainly fun and I recommend the trial so you can make your own decision. I do not know how long the game is but at this price, who cares? I did use the walk through a couple of times during my trial and am aggravated at myself for not 'looking around' more on my own. Look up, look down, look all around! Have fun.

Edited on 03/24/2013 at 11:28:50 AM PST

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Mar 24, 13 5:12 PM
I was undecided all throughout the trial period, but I found the story intriguing and I was in the middle of an enjoyable puzzle when my trial ended, so I just had to purchase. I feel that this game is worth the $2.99.

There are no voiceovers.

There is no journal, but you can toggle between inventory and documents on the lower left corner to read the documents which add detail to the story.

There is a map, but it is not interactive and I found it useless. It provides an aerial view, with your current location, but does not name the tops of the buildings or indicate areas to be explored. However, I did not have too much trouble navigating and got lost only once.

There are 2 modes of play: Casual and Expert. There are no sparkles in expert mode.
HOS: There are approximately 14 HOS. Most of the objects were clear, although I did find the monochromatic hues a little bothersome.

Misclick penalty: I found the misclick penalty in expert mode to be extremely annoying. After your second misclick, you lose control of the cursor for about 12 seconds. It just spins in a small circle. I didn't notice a misclick penalty in casual mode.

Hints: Recharge in approximately 90 secs in casual mode and 3 mins in expert mode. Hints do work outside of HOS, but are not helpful in navigating.

The task bar allows you to determine the amount of help that you would like. When you click on the task bar, you get a general outline of tasks to be performed. If you click on those tasks, you receive detailed information on where objects are located and where they should be used.

Puzzles: There are 17 puzzles. I found most to be fairly easy, some simply time consuming, and I had to consult the waltkthrough for help in one of the puzzles. They can be skipped in 90 secs in casual mode and 3 mins in expert mode.

Throughout the game, you will collect health bars to increase your health in order to perform certain tasks.

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Mar 24, 13 5:15 PM
contd:

Overall, I really enjoyed 5 hours of gameplay in casual mode. I didn't like that each chapter had a monochromatic hue ( Chapter 1 was red, 2 was blue, 3 was green and 4 was purple). I found that difficult on my eyes, so I had to take several breaks in the game. Also, I really disliked the bright, white screen that precedes and follows each cut scene. The story was intriguing and had a satisfactory ending, but there were some unexplored aspects to the story and a definite hint at a sequel in the final cut scene. This is not my favourite game, but worth the $2.99, in my opinion.

Go to: