bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Easter Eggztravaganza 2

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 26, 13 12:36 AM

Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Easter Eggztravaganza 2? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Easter Eggztravaganza 2 page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Easter Eggztravaganza 2

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 26, 13 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

[Post New]by KIW0612 on Mar 26, 13 1:58 AM
Offered appropriately for Easter, this is a very simplistic HO game with a ton of simple mini games thrown in for good measure. However, this is definitely a "kids appeal" game. I’d say 8 and over with a lot of patience and a good understanding of some adult items - such as a radar display. And with all this CUTENESS - why did they feel the need to throw in a rifle? Also I noticed duplicate items. Two windmills in the same scene and obviously only one correct one - no fair! LOL

Hints refill almost instantly and the graphics are bright, cheerful and relatively crisp. The HOS' have extras to collect as well as a spinner allowing you to collect extra points by merely clicking on a STOP button - where it stops no one knows. But it was annoying that it stopped on MINUS points more often than PLUS points. Not very good positive reinforcement for kids. The game is also very limited in options, you can set your volume and custom cursor, that's it. I don't often notice the music in games, but this one seemed to be extremely repetitive, enough so that I turned off my speakers But that doesn't make the game unplayable.

All in all I doubt that this game will appeal to any adult, even a beginner. And since the little one (granddaughter) in my life is way too young for this, I'll take a pass on this game.

Hoggywizard
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Hoggywizard on Mar 26, 13 2:51 AM

Edited on 05/08/2013 at 2:20:59 AM PST

sheriff09
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by sheriff09 on Mar 26, 13 3:01 AM

Edited on 05/08/2013 at 3:12:28 AM PST

[Post New]by colco100 on Mar 26, 13 3:22 AM

Edited on 05/08/2013 at 3:02:00 AM PST

[Post New]by JaggerTheHutt on Mar 26, 13 4:54 AM
A simple fun HOG that I can play with my 6 year old son, with a little help explaining what some of the objects are.

We have no problems stopping the skill game on maximum points every time.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Mar 26, 13 5:25 AM
This is by the same developer who does the Christmas Wonderland games. They make such nice family games. I think it will make a great first game with my daughter.

[Post New]by CasualGamePlayer on Mar 26, 13 6:43 AM
I agree what some of the other reviewers have said this is a bright and cheerful Easter themed game. There seem to be lots of hidden object scenes and a variety of mini games. Easter bunnies galore- Timely and fun.

Yes, it may seem a bit simple and lack some of the sophistication seen in some games but I think it does appeal to some people. Not everyone likes the darker themed games, missing children, missing parents, demons, witches, dark forces etc. I think there is definitely room for the occasional game that is ‘lighter’ in tone and spirit.

I will be buying this game for my cousins, it will be great to entertain them when we have Easter dinner together. Those players who enjoy bright and breezy games may well like to trial the game and see if it takes your fancy.

Edited on 03/26/2013 at 8:51:08 AM PST

PurrrThang
Herring
Herring
394 Posts

[Post New]by PurrrThang on Mar 26, 13 6:56 AM
KIWO I think you may be right about the age.

I would have loved this game if it had been a bit simpler. I have a 4 yo living with me who absolutely drives me crazy wanting to 'help me' play my games when I hit a hidden object scenes. Although I have to read the words to her she is quick to spot them most times, if she understands what it is.

This could have been like a beginning reader game with cake, toothbrush, dog, cat and others. I would have snapped it right up even though she can't read yet. She could have played it for years, first me reading the items to her and then her reading them.

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Mar 26, 13 8:26 AM
I decided to try this since it is Easter related.But it's not a game for adults and i think it may be a little to hard for some kids.Objects were a little hard to spot .So it's a no for me hope something better come's out tommorrow.So far this week is looking bleak.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Mar 27, 13 4:26 PM
Cute and colorful game for the upcoming Easter holiday, especially for the younger ones in the family, but even adults can enjoy it, in that not all objects in the HOG scenes are quick and simple to find.

Puzzles include HOG, find the differences, and others, such as decorating eggs, etc.

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Mar 27, 13 4:28 PM
Cute game, not as easy as you may think. Lots of eggs and bunnies

This has nothing to do with Easter however, any more than snowmen have anything to do with Christmas.

have fun!

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Mar 28, 13 4:38 AM
I am the BIG kid at heart, and every year, I buy the new holiday themed games, Christmas, Easter, and have always been happy with my purchases from these developers.
NOT with this game, sorry to say, very DISAPPOINTED ..not only did they make finding the H0's much easier, in this one, there also wasn't as many items to find either ..breezing through every scene, made the game Sooo SHORT.
The little chick was always, front and center, no searching needed, and the objects were simple to find also.
The reason I bought the previous games, was because the developers did an awesome job, on hiding the objects, so there was a little challenge, not so with this game.
I did enjoy the paint by numbers mini, but there was only one of those, and I enjoy the swap pictures.
The developers really didn't take the time, to make this as good as their previous games, plus it was a rip-off, way to short, not enough game play, to even call it a game, IMHO, so I will not be buying these anymore, that is just simply taking advantage, of their customers, children or adults .

Go to: