bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Post any Barn Yarn technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Mar 27, 13 12:05 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

You can also view our previous technical issues thread here.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:Post any Barn Yarn technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Mar 27, 13 12:06 PM
Hi Fishies,

To better track issues with Barn Yarn after the latest update to the game, we've started this new technical issues thread. The latest version of the game fixes freezing and crashing issues seen after a few levels of play. If you're experiencing these problems, please ensure that you have the latest version of the game. You can view more information about the latest update here.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

Bexa
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Bexa on Apr 2, 13 8:20 PM
I didn't have any problems loading, crashing etc, but I am at the very end of the game (apparently) and have not bought the clock...but there are no more options to buy anything.

I thought it might have thought I had already bought it but no, when I go back to redecorate, the clock shows locked.

Since I'm so close to the end, I'm not going to uninstall/reinstall, but thought I'd let you know.

This is the "new" version, installed on 3/30.

[Post New]by roma206 on Apr 4, 13 9:53 PM
I had a similar issue except I was able to purchase everything but the Tractor. The store disappeared after I bought the plants. When I go into the design it states that the tractor is locked because it has not been bought yet.

[Post New]by radvora on Apr 5, 13 8:14 PM
Having the same problem. I bought everything up to the tractor and now the tractor isn't showing up as an option.

[Post New]by cricky831 on Apr 6, 13 8:05 AM
roma206 wrote:I had a similar issue except I was able to purchase everything but the Tractor. The store disappeared after I bought the plants. When I go into the design it states that the tractor is locked because it has not been bought yet.

Same problem - can't buy the tractor - enough money but no icon to buy. Most annoying is Joe telling me that he is being tortured by not getting the tractor - lol

[Post New]by pipeload on Apr 6, 13 1:30 PM
down loaded new game its still frezzes up and have to reboot computer and iam was injoy the game so any idea.my computer is new and i have all the latest soft ware does anyone eles have this problem.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 6, 13 2:13 PM
Hi Fishies,

If you're experiencing problems with the tractor or other items not showing up, please let our Tech Support Team know so they can look into that for you.

pipeload, welcome to the Pond! Problems like that can have a few causes, but I recommend ensuring that your drivers are also updated in addition to your software. You can find information on doing that here on our help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those tips aren't working, please let our Tech Support Team know so they can assist you further.

Hopefully that helps so you can get back to enjoying the game!

bfgSeine

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 8, 13 4:50 PM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to swim in here and let you know that we just released an updated version of the game that addresses that issues some of you were having with purchasing that last item. You can read more about the update and how to get it in our announcement over here.

If you have any trouble getting the new version, or any other trouble with the game even after installing it, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can take a look at what's going on.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

scuther
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by scuther on May 28, 13 2:32 AM
I tried the game and liked it but...I can't pick the hat in the first scene. It is out of the viewing area. Any help here?? Resolution adjustment needed and how do I go about it?

scuther
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by scuther on May 28, 13 12:04 PM
It's me scuther again. I meant farmscapes, not barn yarn. That goes to prove you shouldn't write for help at 2am. Sorry

[Post New]by pokemaster2050 on Jun 14, 13 6:27 AM
hi,
i cant open my game at all. no matter how many times i click on the play now button nothing happens and then a few seconds later it shows u have 60 minutes left. it also happened to me in two different games gardenscapes and viking brothers. so, please help.
(my pc is compatible wit h the games, have tried reinstalling and everything else.)
thnx in advance.

[Post New]by ringgay on Oct 5, 13 7:23 AM
Hi,

I downloaded the Free Trial Barn Yarn App on my iPad3 twice. I enjoyed the game so i decided to buy the app. However, everytime i try to click on "BUY", nothing happens.

What can i do about this? I really want to purchase the game.

I hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks

[Post New]by monogwai on Nov 1, 13 8:31 AM
Hi. My computer is running windows xp, pentium 4 processor (i thinki, or it may be a dual core processor, it's my parent's computer so i forget- i can get that info though), nvidia geforce fx5950 video card. when I first played barn yarn, i was able to play for hours without issue. now, i get blank screens or graphical anomalies, the computer will lock up, and once or twice, it just turned off by itsself. I have a windows program that warns me about high temperatures for the cpu before it reaches the temperature where bios automatically shuts down, so i don't think that's the problem. my mom is on the computer now, so i can't do the dr. whatevei it's called to send to tech support at the moment. anybody have any suggestions? i have read that updating video card drivers may help. i believe the drivers are up to date, but i will check that as soon as i get access.

any help would be appreciated.

[Post New]by Sarahmay1995 on Nov 15, 13 4:40 PM
So I have downloaded the free version of barn yarn on my iPhone 4 the I brought the full version which will not let me download...why ):

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Dec 14, 13 7:45 PM
I have a MacBook Pro running 10.7.5. This game loads quite slowly and crashes constantly. A real disappointment.

[Post New]by elelar on Feb 18, 14 2:22 PM
I am running an Apple macbook pro with os 10.7.5 and I do not have problems with any other game except this one. It keeps crashing, I will try your suggestions but I really do no expect this so soon after buying a game that seems so low key.

[Post New]by jenny_curry on Apr 7, 14 8:09 PM
I do not have technical issues but I have a concern about the level Apples for Victoria.
I am a mother and a psychology student and I believe this level is sending a very bad message. First of all, A lot of apples would make you loose weight but it would do it by giving you serious diarrhea. Second saying that she needs to loose weight when she looked skinny enough and wanting to go on an extreme diet with no protein or healthy fats is just dangerous. Perhaps you should change it to Victoria needs apples for a Halloween party. Bobbing for apples. That is good, clean fun and safe and wont contribute to young girls bad self image.

[Post New]by omoralez on Apr 8, 14 9:46 AM
I am running Windows XP on a laptop and I am having trouble with the load screen
popping up at all times, even when the game and the Big Fish Manager are closed. It takes over the entire screen and does not continue on with the game but it is very frequent and very annoying. I have reloaded the game numerous times and it does not seem to change it.

bookworm77
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by bookworm77 on Aug 11, 14 2:32 PM
I have Windows and I have not been able to play the game. I can play a level or two, then it crashes and sends me back to my desktop

Go to: