bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any PuppetShow: Destiny Undone Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 28, 13 12:56 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any PuppetShow: Destiny Undone Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Mar 28, 13 5:12 AM
I don't get anything when I hit "run" to download the game. I've never had this happen before. Never mind, it just started, that was weird.

Edited on 03/28/2013 at 5:13:52 AM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Post any PuppetShow: Destiny Undone Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 28, 13 5:37 AM
Heya LuvDemGames,

That sure sounds odd but I'm glad that everything worked out in the end!

If you continue to have this happening, giving your browser a little spring cleaning by clearing your browser cache might help to make sure that nothing is interfering with your download!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

unitedred7
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by unitedred7 on Mar 28, 13 5:49 AM
I have tried 3 times this morning to download this game a message comes up with error download. I give up !

ditsylilg
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by ditsylilg on Mar 28, 13 6:29 AM
I keep getting frozen at the beginning when talking to the boy on the bike. I reloaded directx, but it doesn't help.

Pasha666
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Pasha666 on Mar 28, 13 6:59 AM
I love all the PuppetShow games and would love to buy this one also. Too bad I can't get the cursor to engage. It floats around freely then disappears all together. Have tried closing and re-opening the game. Have tried using the regular cursor. Have even tried deleting and re-downloading the game. All attempts have been unsuccessful.

ditsylilg
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by ditsylilg on Mar 28, 13 7:23 AM
Ok, so I updated my video card and now am getting what pasha666 is getting.

Sheila155
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Sheila155 on Mar 28, 13 8:51 AM
Game ran fine, until I hit the puzzle with the train tracks. Screen started to flash black lines over puzzle, making it very difficult to focus----ended up skipping! Continued ok, but when I got to the puzzle where I had to move the carriages to their respective sidings, I encountered the same problem. Persevered a little longer with this one, but finally gave up on it too.
Didn't complete the demo in the hour, as I wasted time on these two puzzles, so I don't know if this problem might have occurred again with any other puzzles.
I enjoy this series, so will almost certainly be buying it at some point, but not if I'm going to be faced with this problem.
I have never seen this happen with any other game, so can anyone help with this please?

Paige63
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Paige63 on Mar 28, 13 9:41 AM
ditsylilg wrote:I keep getting frozen at the beginning when talking to the boy on the bike. I reloaded directx, but it doesn't help.

I am having the same problem

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 28, 13 10:06 AM
Thanks so much for posting those issues here, Fishies, and for trying out some of those recommended steps!

If you're having freezing, cursor, crashing or display issues please click here for some helpful troubleshooting steps to get that working.

For any download issues checking out the Problems Downloading or Installation Failed help article may provide some steps to get the game downloading properly.

If those steps don't help or you'd prefer someone to help you with the issue directly I would definitely recommend contacting Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our Reps will be happy to work with you directly to try and figure that out!

I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

Mimisix
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by Mimisix on Mar 28, 13 11:37 AM
I'm having the same problem as others...................boy on the bike; train tracks. I uninstalled, re-installed, went through all the suggestions made by bfgizara and my computer is completely fine. Should be since its less than a year old. After the 2nd reinstall I did not click on the boy on the bike until I had searched around the rest of the screen and went inside the house. (without a problem). As soon as I clicked back on the boy on the bike the trouble started with the cursor.

I very rarely have a problem with a Big Fish game and in the past if there was one it was a glitch from the developer and was remedied.

I did plan on purchasing this game as I have the other four in the series. Hopefully there will be a solution to the above problems. I'll wait as I have plenty of other games to play.

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Mar 28, 13 11:54 AM
Again I have a cursor with a mind of its own. It starts with the play screen & continues with the boy on his bike along with hitting the robot inside his house & going back outside to give the boy his cat. At these times the music keeps repeating like a stuck record. After much frustration trying to complete the above scenes I called it quits & exited the game. When is BF going to give us games without glitches? It seems they are not very knowledgeable about any of the games & resort to the same old unhelpful answers. How did they get their jobs anyway? Why aren't the tech support people answering the technical questions in the first place? BF games are NOT user friendly.

BF Monogahela posted this reply after two of us complained about a "wondering" cursor:
I'm sorry to see more of you are running into trouble at that same spot! It does sound like there's a specific issue right there. If you haven't already done so, please run a Dr. Felix Report for the game and send it in to Tech Support through the Contact Us page. This will help us start investigating where the problem is coming from so we can get it addressed for you.
My question is if this a multi person problem why isn't it just given to the devs & let them correct the glitch? They made the game!! I'm not a dev or tech person so why do I have to figure out their mistakes??

Edited on 04/01/2013 at 11:47:13 AM PST

[Post New]by sjsullivan on Mar 28, 13 3:17 PM
I am also having issues with the boy on the bike/ the cursor flies all over the place or freezes up. I tried uninstall/ reinstall. glad I didn't purchase!!!! At first I thought something was wrong with my mouse on computer but it is the game.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 28, 13 4:10 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to see more of you are running into trouble at that same spot! It does sound like there's a specific issue right there.

If you haven't already done so, please run a Dr. Felix Report for the game and send it in to Tech Support through the Contact Us page. This will help us start investigating where the problem is coming from so we can get it addressed for you.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

mst3kr
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by mst3kr on Mar 28, 13 6:45 PM
I too am having a problem but with the graphics. When I try to do full screen, there is about an inch of what should be the top of the screen ending up at the bottom. It's like the horizontal alignment is off. When I uncheck the box for full screen, there is no problem; just a smaller screen. I've uninstalled, checked my drivers, and the problem still remains...

FrauMeike
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by FrauMeike on Mar 29, 13 3:26 AM
Dead end in the capsule puzzle in the cave under the lighthouse?

The goal of the puzzle is to move all ring elements out of the way of the small, grey capsules by pushing buttons. The capsules are then supposed to slide into the center circle.

Even though the paths of all capsules are free in the four outer circles, only three capsules move towards the center.
The bottom right capsule won't move, although there are no rings in its way. Pushing the buttons on the left has no effect. They glow blue and make a sound when I push them, but nothing moves. It seems as if the ring elements in the bottom right circle are blocking each other, so that it's impossible to move back or forth.
Neither quitting and restarting the game did help, nor did re-installing the whole game. The game always starts exactly where I left it: at the half solved puzzle

Since there's no reset button to start all over, the only thing left to do for me is skipping the puzzle which is very disappointing.

tesco
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by tesco on Mar 29, 13 4:01 AM
i have put he stocking round the fishing net and it wont let me pick it up to collect the tiles in the fish tank anybody else having same problem its in the bonus chapter is this a glitch in this game

tesco
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by tesco on Mar 29, 13 4:16 AM
hi when i went back to game i clicked on the fish net again and it worked dont no why it wouldnt work before

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Mar 29, 13 5:30 AM
Hi Fishies,

I can definitely understand how running into these technical issues can be frustrating!

If the suggestions we've given above aren't getting things straightened out for you, please help us get these problems resolved by contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report.

These reports not only show us if there are some adjustments that can be made to your computer, but they also give us very valuable information about the game itself - the sort of information we need to help pinpoint where the issue is coming from and even how it might be fixed.

It is also very beneficial for us to have as many Dr. Felixes as we can, so we can see if there are any trends or differences among the various systems and configurations. So, please do think about taking the time to help us out by running the Dr. Felix Report and sending it in.
And thank you to those Fishies who have already done so

bfgTokoro

eigus
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by eigus on Mar 29, 13 1:20 PM
i have tried to buy this game as i bought all the other ones but it woulld not let me it says error on page it let me play the demo

Go to: