IT’S ALWAYS GOOD TO KNOW!

[Post New]by ERSGameStudios on Mar 28, 13 6:12 AM
Hi fishies,
From ERS Game studios, we’re here with you for THE VERY 1st TIME!
Of course we’ve always been following all of you and all of your wonderful ideas through each and every single one of your reviews.
We are here to let you know that it’s always good to know what the players think of our games.
All of us at ERS Game studios are always willing to listen to anything that would improve the quality of our games.
From now on, we’ll be here together to listen to each other because it’s always good to know.
It’s good to know what goes on each side.
We’d like you to know that we’d be doing our best from our end.
We’d also like to know how much you fishies are enjoying Puppet Show 5?
We hope that all of you are having a nice time saying goodbye to Felicia and the master.

Edited on 04/18/2013 at 2:17:56 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:IT’S ALWAYS GOOD TO KNOW!

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 28, 13 6:29 AM
Well... well... I don't know what to say. ERS has come to BF say hello.

Thanks for taking the time to pop in. I was starting to think you didn't exist. LOL

What I am glad about is the fact that, at long last, you lowered the fill time for both the HINT and SKIP buttons. I always play in Casual mode for exactly that reason, so that I don't have to wait too long for those to fill. And your fill time was just too long. So I am really happy to see you have lowered it.

I also love the map you have provided with this game. Really nicely done.
I just don't know why you felt it necessary to add a box, asking us if we are really really sure that we want to jump, whenever we want to jump to a different area. It's a tiresome add-on, for me at least.

LOVE the mini games. I am not a puzzle-solving person - am just not patient enough - and I am really glad to see that lately I am able to do the mini games you bring out, rather than skipping them.

Also glad to see that, at the very least, you have now added those colourful pretty sidebars for those of us who can't get widescreen automatically with your games. A heck of a lot better than seeing the black bars.

Keep up the good work. I may moan about some things, but I always love your games on the whole, and always buy them.

lynne8179
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,322 Posts

[Post New]by lynne8179 on Mar 28, 13 6:29 AM
is this really the last one? as much as i love this series i am ready for it to end.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 28, 13 6:38 AM
wow......just for the simple fact that ers, has come in, and shown a willingness to interact with us here at bfg,,,,i actually might demo this game...

i was a huge fan,, till the games started to blur,,,and the bonus,s got so short...

but i have in the last few offerings seen that ers, was taking peoples issues with the games into account.......nice to see a turnaround...

[Post New]by heatherington on Mar 28, 13 7:08 AM
Thank you Ers, its always good to know that the developers care about the users. I personally love all your games and never find anything objectionable. I have ALL yours games, that is the ones that can be bought through Big Fish.

[Post New]by baglady159 on Mar 28, 13 7:20 AM
Well, welcome aboard ERS. I hope this is a sign of future communications with you. I have loved your games from the beginning with my only, well my main, problem being that the extra gameplay is too short. I used to buy the CE's to get the early access. The extras, such as wallpaper, sound tracks, etc, are of no interest to me. But then I got tired of paying twice as much for just an hour of extra play and have been waiting patiently for the SE's to come out. Didn't seem a wise way to spend my limited income.
That said, you are still on my list of top developers. Your graphics are amazing, I love your story lines (puppet show is getting a little old ) but I still look so forward to each and every game you have come up with.
Thank you again for giving us many hours of fun and i hope you are going to become a regular "fish" in the pond that will interact with the other fishies.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Mar 28, 13 7:42 AM
Thank you ERS for taking an interest in what we here are saying. I enjoyed the demo and will be buying the game. Is this the last of the series, really?

gailgo
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
43,711 Posts

[Post New]by gailgo on Mar 28, 13 7:49 AM
Love most of your games, but, and it's a big BUT, why oh why don't your games open in widescreen? All the major Dev's games do these days. I've stopped buying your CEs for this very reason. Thanks for many good games

Edited on 03/28/2013 at 7:50:33 AM PST

[Post New]by ERSGameStudios on Mar 28, 13 8:03 AM
You couldn’t have said it nicer Vlady than when you said:
“I may moan about some things, but I always love your games on the whole,”
And lynne8179 asking :
“Is this really the last one?” ( Talking about Puppet Show 5)
That was most certainly the right question to ask and we’re willing to bet that you’re going to like the answer. You said goodbye to Felicia and the master but not to Puppet Show. Right?
Yes, bella81762 saying:
“i have in the last few offerings seen that ers, was taking peoples issues with the games into account.......nice to see a turnaround...” You ‘ve been very fair and attentive for all that we can say.
Of course, heatherington , we couldn’t agree more with you saying : “ It’s always good to know that the developers care about the users.”
And finally baglady159 saying:
“I hope you are going to become a regular "fish" in the pond that will interact with the other fishies.”
Surely granted us with best of wishes!
CHEERS fishies! CHEERS!

_misschrissi_
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by _misschrissi_ on Mar 28, 13 8:10 AM
Welcome, ERS! From my point of view, it's good to see a games developer taking the time to be in forums, as it shows they keen to hear what their customers say.

As in life, of course, everyone has different tastes, and you just can't please everyone all the time . I have had to wait most of today for PuppetShow 5 to download on my PC (worldwide problems, I believe), so can't comment on the game...... yet.

However, I'm VERY happy to hear that - for the first time? - there is now a MAP with the game, and some collectibles too? I never used to bother about maps, but as I play more games and become a better gamer (I hope!), I find that the inclusion (or not) of a map will help me decide wheher I want to buy or not.

Game is finally nearly downloaded, so here goes.....

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Mar 28, 13 8:16 AM
I'll be totally honest - I used to love ERS games but recently the games are all too much the same. They've become boring and many people have mentioned this in the forums. Nothing new, no innovation. Also, why do you guys make everything spin/sparkle/flash/flame/pulse - like the huge cursors, diary, hint button, etc.? It's very annoying to see that in my peripheral vision. You guys have a lot of talent and potential - so let's see it!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Mar 28, 13 8:29 AM
Cudos, ERS! I have almost all your games (except the Adventure style - I am a HOGer).

Now, with the map and the help hints out of the HOS - I will buy even the Adventures you develop...

I enjoy every minute of playing this game, easy or not, and don't listen (but I read) to all the reviews around. When I don't have any game to play, usually I replay one of your games - I feel intrigued and relaxed by the beautiful surroundings.

I have at home about 800 games (some with CDs), and since I discovered your games - you became one of my favorites.

Thanks for the wonderful time I have playing your products! You listen to the customers, and I am sure the most of them appreciate it.

It's all the way up now - go-go...! :heart:

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Mar 28, 13 9:06 AM
ERSGameStudios wrote:All of us at ERS Game studios are always willing to listen to anything that would improve the quality of our games.

Let's see:

- you prefer quantity over quality
- your games are technically and visually outdated ( no widescreen support , same old colour scheme and music )
- every puzzle that you have created are too easy and boring
- you ruined two great franchise ( Phantasmat and Azada )
- you only releasing CEs
- you force people to purchase the CE version if they want to know the end of the story
- the CE extras not worth the extra money
- you are blocking people on your Facebook profile ( and removing their posts ) who dare to criticise your work

Maybe this will be my last post on this forum but i have to tell : [Removed by Moderator]
I will never purchase your games again .

Edited on 03/28/2013 at 10:28:18 AM PST

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Mar 28, 13 9:48 AM
Hello, ERS!

I am very pleased to see you in the forum!! This is always nice as it shows the developers DO care about their games - the positives and the negatives.

I am an ERS-positive person and just love the Puppet games (along with most of your games)! I have played only part of the demo, then came to the forums for some reviews and see that you are here!

About the only thing I don't like about these games is the "fan-like" inventory...I much prefer a line at the bottom of the screen and like when it is "lockable". "Quick-skip" for puzzles is nice as I usually know right away if the puzzle is a type I cannot solve as I have problems with certain types. "Quick-skip in puzzles = good!

Otherwise, I just totally enjoy the games! Keep up the good work and I will stay a fan!

Edited on 03/28/2013 at 9:50:04 AM PST

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Mar 28, 13 10:07 AM
[Removed by Moderator]

Wide screen - it has been proved that it's a computer problem.
Destroying games - it's personal, many players liked it.
Release only CE - it's their choice, you don't have to buy it. Do you buy clothes at Shanelle?
CE not worthy - personal point of view.
Blocking at Facebook - they have the right, like in each forum there.

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 03/28/2013 at 5:17:18 PM PST

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Mar 28, 13 10:17 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:[Removed by Moderator]

Wide screen - it has been proved that it's a computer problem.
Destroying games - it's personal, many players liked it.
Release only CE - it's their choice, you don't have to buy it. Do you buy clothes at Shanelle?
CE not worthy - personal point of view.
Blocking at Facebook - they have the right, like in each forum there.

[Removed by Moderator])

ERS asked for any and all feedback, both positive and negative. Lackoo gave his/her honest feedback. This thread should not be a venue for evaluating the feedback someone gives.

Edited on 03/28/2013 at 5:17:45 PM PST

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Mar 28, 13 10:40 AM
emmyjay, of course he/she has the right to express her/his complaints (why only the bad comments (where are the good ones?) It really is a free world.

If there are not good comments - I wanted to show the difference between "political" view, and "constructive" one.

I too wrote a negative comment once or twice, but it was about lack of tools for Adventure games (map and help out the HOS). I am sure that ERS didn't mean that players will interrupt into the company politics and preferences.

Edit: Twinson, do we have here moderators? No, you didn't see any "removed by moderator", hah?... Come on, it's legitimate in each forum...

For instance:

"All in all, the problem is your games are going downhill for me as to quality. The puzzles are becoming too easy. The series are becoming stale. You need to slow down, and make something totally new. Quit relying on the next installment in the series to make guaranteed sales to the fans. The game quality suffers. But, as long as players keep buying, I don't believe you have any incentive to change.

Oh, I hate the fan inventory thing! To have to click to open my inventory is irritating, and would put me off the best of games."

Is pure "constructive critisism"...

Edited on 03/28/2013 at 10:47:05 AM PST

BFGMCFFAN
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by BFGMCFFAN on Mar 28, 13 10:46 AM
Ers Game Studios! I'm so happy that you are here. I follow all updates on your facebook page and often wanted to contact you, but I don't want to register me in facebook! So it's great that you are here! Your games are very great.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Mar 28, 13 11:18 AM
Twinson, Please read the Edit in my reply to Emmy - I quoted part of your reply as a sample of "constructive critisism"! We are on the same side...

[Removed by Moderator]

I have several favorite developers, and I try to stick only to the "constructive" side. For instance, when the objects are smaller, when I don't know where to go, when the hint system and the graphics are bad, etc.

I never show frustration about their prices or decisions. I even buy all the CEs they post, without playing the trail. About 5-6 developers - I am sure that they are your favorites too (little Dumbo for instance).

...Yes, I buy my clothes at Shanelle...

Edited on 03/28/2013 at 5:21:15 PM PST

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Sept24 on Mar 28, 13 11:42 AM
twinsoniclab wrote:
Rebeca_Lily wrote:emmyjay, of course he/she has the right to express her/his complaints (why only the bad comments (where are the good ones?) It really is a free world.

If there are not good comments - I wanted to show the difference between "political" view, and "constructive" one.

I too wrote a negative comment once or twice, but it was about lack of tools for Adventure games (map and help out the HOS). I am sure that ERS didn't mean that players will interrupt into the company politics and preferences.

[Removed by Moderator]

Anyway, I felt that Lackoo's comments were constructive.

- quantity over quality suggest they slow down
- technically outdated suggests they step it up a notch, as others have done
- puzzles are too easy - where is the "politics" in that one? The puzzles are too easy! Great thing for them to know!
- CEs not worth the extras you get. That is certainly important to mention.

All of those are comments that can be addressed in positive ways. "Company .... preferences" should include making their customers happy! They need to hear what makes some of us unhappy before they can do that.

I agree with Twinsoniclab.Hopefully the reason ERS is here is to get honest opinions and criticizems. Not just a pat on the back from those who are competely happy with everything for the most part. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and to hopefully encourage the ERS people to make the type of games we each love most.

I want to say to ERS that I wish they would not have changed Azada completely. Loved the original 2. I also loved Azada In Libro, but the last one was not even similar to either and was so disappointing. Why call it Azada if you are just going to make another of the same ole same ole that gets put out constantly. Azada was unique. I hope they will make more games like In LIbro. Wish someone would make cool puzzle games like the original Azada.

Edited on 03/28/2013 at 5:21:47 PM PST

Go to: